Playoffs Discussion Thread

Clemson is going to be my biggest play of the year actually my biggest play in 20 years. Ohio st can’t stay within 21 of them. I’ll write it up later. GL

Clemson is going to be my biggest play of the year actually my biggest play in 20 years. Ohio st can’t stay within 21 of them. I’ll write it up later. GL

Agree. Not going to say Ohio State is quite a fraud but they're just overrated - that defense is full of holes and Fields is a turnover waiting to happen.

Clemson and Bama will be a helluva game.

Trivia question:

In 18 playoff games, how many times did the dog lose and cover? Can you remember each instance?

Trivia question:

In 18 playoff games, how many times did the dog lose and cover? Can you remember each instance?
I think Oklahoma covered vs Bama 2019. Pretty sure I had Bama and being upset about getting backdoored lol. And Georgia covered against Bama in the title game in 2018(?). Can’t think of any others that fit the criteria right now

11 of the 18 games have been decided by 17+.

Clemson x4, Alabama x3, LSU x2, Ohio State x1, Oregon x1

Is anyone considering ND 1H TT over? Projecting around 10.5. Don’t have a number yet, but Bama D is not that of yesteryear.
Nope. Not sure they hit 10 for the game, love that Bama defense is being overlooked. Will be on all things ND tt under

It’s true that Alabama’s defense is not the strength it used to be, but the only two games where it was a problem was against Ole Miss and Florida, two of the better offenses in the country. Ole Miss worked at an incredibly fast pace, and went for it on almost every 4th down. Florida’s playmakers are as good as any in the country. I don’t think Notre Dame can recreate either. I’m not advocating betting ND unders necessarily, but I think Alabama’s defense will look more like it did against say UGA or AU than it did against Florida.

Reactions: KJ
It’s true that Alabama’s defense is not the strength it used to be, but the only two games where it was a problem was against Ole Miss and Florida, two of the better offenses in the country. Ole Miss worked at an incredibly fast pace, and went for it on almost every 4th down. Florida’s playmakers are as good as any in the country. I don’t think Notre Dame can recreate either. I’m not advocating betting ND unders necessarily, but I think Alabama’s defense will look more like it did against say UGA or AU than it did against Florida.
Ironically, I'm advocating taking ND unders

I thought trask had to make a bunch of big time throws into tight windows in sec championship. Nd not only doesn’t have that kind of playmaking skill on outside but I don’t think Book makes those throws, hell I don’t think he even attempts them!!

i don’t think bama d has gotten bad, I just think the sec shift to offense has proved what big12 already knew and saban figured out. Even great defenses can’t stop these college offenses, especially when you load them up with sec talent! Irish pro style offense should be the kind of team bama d thrives against!!

I thought trask had to make a bunch of big time throws into tight windows in sec championship. Nd not only doesn’t have that kind of playmaking skill on outside but I don’t think Book makes those throws, hell I don’t think he even attempts them!!

i don’t think bama d has gotten bad, I just think the sec shift to offense has proved what big12 already knew and saban figured out. Even great defenses can’t stop these college offenses, especially when you load them up with sec talent! Irish pro style offense should be the kind of team bama d thrives against!!
You’re right that Trask made some perfect throws. They did a great job of winning the 1v1 matchups all night. Hideous game for our DBs. I don’t see ND doing that. Book can certainly hurt Alabama with his mobility, but can they score in the 30s? I’m skeptical. This game being on turf also greatly favors the offense for Alabama

You’re right that Trask made some perfect throws. They did a great job of winning the 1v1 matchups all night. Hideous game for our DBs. I don’t see ND doing that. Book can certainly hurt Alabama with his mobility, but can they score in the 30s? I’m skeptical. This game being on turf also greatly favors the offense for Alabama

you think there any chance Nd comes up with a defensive game plan that takes Smith away? I’ve always thought if you really want to take a wr out the picture it pretty doable if you willing to risk others beating you. If Irish were to do something like that would metchie be the best bet beneficiary? Or is smith just that good he beats doubles and bracket coverages?

you think there any chance Nd comes up with a defensive game plan that takes Smith away? I’ve always thought if you really want to take a wr out the picture it pretty doable if you willing to risk others beating you. If Irish were to do something like that would metchie be the best bet beneficiary? Or is smith just that good he beats doubles and bracket coverages?
I mean, I think the teams we played earlier this year would have liked to take him away too, I just think for one, he's really good, and two, Sark does a great job at moving him around to where you can't just double him every play. The strategy late in the season was to play 2 deep safeties and make Mac just dink and dunk down the field, which he has been able to do. I think the most effective thing any defense can do is to disguise the coverage pre-snap so the offense has to make quicker decisions. If Mac knows what the defense is doing before we snap it, defense has no chance. As for the biggest beneficiary for taking Smith away, it's hard to say for sure, but I'd guess it would be Najee, both as a runner and a receiver

I mean, I think the teams we played earlier this year would have liked to take him away too, I just think for one, he's really good, and two, Sark does a great job at moving him around to where you can't just double him every play. The strategy late in the season was to play 2 deep safeties and make Mac just dink and dunk down the field, which he has been able to do. I think the most effective thing any defense can do is to disguise the coverage pre-snap so the offense has to make quicker decisions. If Mac knows what the defense is doing before we snap it, defense has no chance. As for the biggest beneficiary for taking Smith away, it's hard to say for sure, but I'd guess it would be Najee, both as a runner and a receiver

yea I thought same thing as it pertains to smith and other teams shoulda been wanting to do the same, since I don’t watch much of bama games was just curious had he been beating doubles and bracket coverages or have teams mostly played him straight up?

Harris does make lot of sense to take advantage of any extra coverage that goes smiths way but outside the fla game he hadn’t eclipsed 2 catches in quite some time, he did go off with 5 catches for 3 tds against Gators! Jfc I just saw he has 27 touchdowns on the year?!!! Wowzer! I rarely pay all that much attention to college stats but that gotta be a total that doesn’t get surpassed often or by much isn’t it?? No wonder he so expensive in dfs! Lol. I was wanting to avoid him with that high price tag and thinking Irish have a better chance containing him than the passing game.

was curious so just checked touchdowns by rbs in a season. Barry Sanders had 37 1 year!! Only 5 backs all time have went over 30 in a season so that 27 mark is pretty damn impressive! Henry had 28 in im assuming his heisman year. Is Harris that level of nfl prospect?

Najee is a better receiver than Henry, and maybe a touch more athletic, but Henry’s top end speed and strength is freakish for his size. I think Najee will fit in well with the way offense is going on the NFL, but he’s not a traditional between the tackles kind of guy

I read somewhere that ND played a lot of cover 1 this season, which doesn’t seem like a recipe for success against Alabama

Back