Playoffs and stuff.

@TheHorzy

Pretty much a regular
For my first post............

0.625/0.50 NYR to win.

Basically I believe the following:

- Henrik Lundqvist will rebound at home. He let in some poor goals last game.
- Marc Staal will be about as effective as he was in his first game back, as he will tonight. Dramatic improvement is probably being unrealistic.
- Brian Boyle, Ryan Clowe, and Derek Dorsett make this team completely different. Washington doesn't have an overly rugged team. They also have no grind line. I feel they can be worn down. The three players listed can do this.
- Torts plays the hell out of his best players. Always has, look at Tampa. At some point Nash is going to have a multi goal game. I think he scores tonight (based purely on shooting percentages).
-Earlier in the year this line was -170. Now I think it should be more expensive than it is, but considerably less than -170. Either way, there is value here imo, though the exact amount is debatable.
-Caps are ahead on aggregate goals in the series by 2. TSN analyst Scott Cullen provides a great resource before each round guessing at the total number of aggregate goals for / against. He's usually in the ballpark more than he's not (I tried to link reference but it won't let me) and I wouldn't be surprised if today was the day some of those averages even out (Nash, aggregate goals ect.)

Downfall to this bet, is it's a bet. Best laid plans can go to shit real fast, especially with Tortorella coaching. I feel he's more of an emotional liability than anything, particularly behind closed doors. Also, Ovechkin is "due" by Ovechkin standards this year. Still, you're getting a NYR team that only lost 6 times in regulation at home in the shortened season against a .500 team on the road and the juice isn't overly bad to do so.

Haven't looked up refs yet, and doubt I will bother. On a side note I was told that Kelly Sutherland, guy who reffed the Canucks game last night grew up in Richmond BC. In 19 of the last 20 Canucks games Sutherland has reffed, he has called more total penalty minutes on the Canucks than the other team. Assuming that total minor PIMS in a game is a 50/50 prop, 19+/20 is running you at around 55,000 to 1. Mix in a make up call someone there eh Kelly.

Welcome to the site sport.

Quick question; what's the heaviest clinger BAR has ever fucked? Me and a few other members have a pool going and I got 225-250 lbs. Really hoping this one cashes, thanks in advance for the info :shake:

8 units on two bills plus.

Though in fairness if I were to paint a picture she probably looked like 160 to BAW. She probably had thick stilts and could squat a Mack truck. Reasonable guess.

I get it. So when Weeno has had a few too many Schlotskys, he subtracts 40-60 lbs from the catch. Must be why he has been in such deep denial all these years, he doesn't actually realize how big the whoppers are

Haven't looked up refs yet, and doubt I will bother. On a side note I was told that Kelly Sutherland, guy who reffed the Canucks game last night grew up in Richmond BC. In 19 of the last 20 Canucks games Sutherland has reffed, he has called more total penalty minutes on the Canucks than the other team. Assuming that total minor PIMS in a game is a 50/50 prop, 19+/20 is running you at around 55,000 to 1. Mix in a make up call someone there eh Kelly.

ha

he's got something against AV, same guy who called a bench minor earlier this year when AV yelled "that's an Elbow"

0.50/0.50 NYR To win Series (Round 1, after 4 games)

Similar reasoning as above. Giving up home ice advantage, but have uncle momo on their side.
Nash has been quiet.
Lundqvist still playing poor.
Have to think these things regress to mean.
Erat now hurt for the Caps. Won't be the last Caps injury in my opinion.
Marc Staal will just keep getting better.

What do you mean about Staal just keeps getting better? He missed game 4, and I dont' think he's playing tonight. Something to do with the eye issue that kept him out earlier this year. What is the scoop here?

Capitals and refs gift wrapped that game for NY. If Holtby keeps his ass in the crease where he belongs and the Caps can get a bit of equality from the zebras I see them winning rather easily tonight. Lundqvist has looked very average so far, and I don't see anything from NY that makes me think they're the better team on the road.

The refs don't gift wrap anything in the NHL. This is not NBA.

Still confident in this wager despite the OT loss. As for Staal, I'm no longer sure. Didn't realize his eye had become a problem again until you said something. Obviously up against it now, but pleased overall at the wager - despite the result thus far. Rangers dominated first half of game 5. Shalt they only got one. 2 probably would have held up. Maybe not.

The refs don't gift wrap anything in the NHL. This is not NBA.

Still confident in this wager despite the OT loss. As for Staal, I'm no longer sure. Didn't realize his eye had become a problem again until you said something. Obviously up against it now, but pleased overall at the wager - despite the result thus far. Rangers dominated first half of game 5. Shalt they only got one. 2 probably would have held up. Maybe not.

They don't gift wrap games as much as the NBA, but I think the Isles in the Game 3 OT game would beg to differ. Crosby embellished and got himself an OT PP to win the game on. That call isn't made more than 70% of the time in the regular season, yet it was called in OT of a playoff game?

First Round Summary:

2-0 +1.00

Second Round Thoughts:

Despite the schlacking (what a word) today by the Penguins I think that the Senators could potentially play the Pens to a close series. There is so much oddball goalie stuff going on around the league right now with goaltenders though it's tough to get a grip on things. With Pittsburgh riding Voukoun right now, who was at one point a hell of a goalie, I'm not sure what to expect. On paper it's a complete mis-match, but then again so was the Islanders series and look how that turned out. I didn't see much of the actual games, but it can't be all on Fluery, can it?

On paper the Kings / SJ series should also be close, but the Kings are on such a roll right now who know's. That's five straight wins for them, and Quick once again has been all world. They could be peaking at the right time, just like last year. I think the perspective on the Sharks will be a little inflated seeing as they dispatched of a half decent Canucks team overly quickly. But they did so getting a number of bounces (Game 2 in particular). That series should have been longer than 4 even if the outcome was just. I wanted to bet the Kings, but I missed the start time today, and now the price. I will watch this throughout the week.

Chicago / Detroit. The value will obviously be in backing Detroit in some shape or form (series over or Detroit outright...perhaps back / lay Detroit outright?) but it's so tough to bet against basically the top team in the league. Detroit played Chicago close (a few OT games) all season, and that was while they were playing like crap too. Surging past a decent Anaheim team and getting some good goaltending while doing it makes this series interesting. With Chicago lacking a starting goaltender, I'm never sure what to expect with them. I watched them live once this year when they played the Canucks back in January and lost in a shootout, but that's it. My read on the team is poor, and the odds are too beaten down for me to get involved in.

Boston / NYR. Although I won't count it here I hold the Rangers 1 to win 13 on them to win the conference. This was bought back in early March while they were outside of a playoff spot. My thinking there was it should be easy to get off of it with profit if they make it to the conference finals. I had a lot of poor reads in the first round on the Rangers (Nash), but one good one with Lundqvist. The guy is still in my opinion the top goaltender in the league. He got hot, bye bye Washington. The read was partially due to my dislike for Holtby who I don't think is a great number 1 guy to have in net despite pretty good numbers. Here with Lundqvist vs Rask the goaltending battle is very much equal. Rask is unreal and should win the Vezina this year (I say that because only 4 of last 25, I think, Vezina winners have come from the West...seems dodgey doesn't it), and really negates any goaltending advantage. The Rangers could be a bit outsized in this serious as Lucic and Horton are massive. They really need Clowe and Marc Staal to come back and add some grit throughout the line up. Not to say they are short on grit. Dorsett, Asham, Boyle ect. NYR can roll with Boston on toughness (similar to the Leafs). The Rangers PP was brutal vs Washington and I doubt it gets much better against Boston who sported an 87% PK in the regular season. The only saving grace is Boston's PP percentage in the regular season was basically as bad as the Rangers, so I'm hoping this negates special teams. The piece of info that really makes me make this wager is a) I can get it at +money and the odds should flip flop if the Rangers can steal a game in Boston and b) Boston currently has 3 defensemen who are nursing injuries and questionable for game one (Seidenberg, Redden, Ference) which will up Dougie Hamilton's minutes (rookie D man). Hamilton was AWFUL at the world juniors in December, defensively speaking, and although he had a good rookie campaign, I would like to see him get exposed if his minutes get raised, and think that he will. Like I say, I sincerely hope Staal, Clowe, and Powe can make it into the line up because all of those guys make a significant difference for the Rangers. If I was to try and line this series I would call it a coin flip exactly, despite home ice advantage for the Bruins (basically based on recent form from March onwards). So I'll take the Rangers and hope Lundqvist stays hot, Boston stays injured, and Torts doesn't get out coached.

0.5/0.525 NYR to beat Boston (Round 2)

Write ups certainly haven't been worth much this round. That series should really be 2-2. Rangers should have won one of game 1 or game 3 a huge percentage of the time. Oh well, it's sports and you have to love the variance if you're gonna live with a monte carlo type approach.

1.53/1 SJ vs LA Kings Under (Game 5)

Back