Players?

I don't think I could get enough people to be honest with less than 2 days to go. We're in later playoffs now and everything else sports wise is in slow times so the activity level is always low for the next two months. I'll throw together a US Open Contest almost for sure.

I don't think I could get enough people to be honest with less than 2 days to go. We're in later playoffs now and everything else sports wise is in slow times so the activity level is always low for the next two months. I'll throw together a US Open Contest almost for sure.

:cheers3:

Hopefully Tony Romo will make it to the US Open so all the Cowboys fans use a spot on him :)

mrtake and I do this for one crispy signed dollar :) and bragging rights.

In

schrutebucks.jpg

I'll go with a "J" Theme for the Players

DJ +700
Jordan Speith +1200
Justin Rose +2200
John Rahm +2000
Jason Day +2000

Idea.... Along with winning prizes for Masters, US Open, Open, PGA. The winner should get a CTG Golf Contest Trophy. Each winner would be responsible for shipping it to the next winner.
With the trophy, pics have to be taken in funny places, drank out of, or whatever.

Just a thought to throw out there.

I'll go with a "J" Theme for the Players

DJ +700
Jordan Speith +1200
Justin Rose +2200
John Rahm +2000
Jason Day +2000

Didn't take the time to do anything so played along with these, more or less was going to have 4 of them anyway I think. Hope Jason can get back to good.

here is what mrtake and I have against each other:

me:
Dustin
Rory
Jordan
Sergio
Rahm

longshot (separate bet) homes

him:
DJ
Sergio
Day
Fowler
J Thomas

Long shot - Luke Donald

Takeit,

I have never heard of the golfers you two chose. They must really be off the radar.

Not sure why I picked Rory - he's married now and useless. He was good after he dumped Carolyn. I blame the ambien.

So we played this course after I was a very experienced golfer of 7 months. I think I shot around 110 - I'm shocked they did not invite me back.

I might struggle to break 110 for all I know

Played Kapalua having not played for 6 months a few years ago and shot 100, wind was at least 30 yards in play, made the draw-hook somewhat ridiculous on a few holes

I might struggle to break 110 for all I know

Played Kapalua having not played for 6 months a few years ago and shot 100, wind was at least 30 yards in play, made the draw-hook somewhat ridiculous on a few holes

ooooh... We are playing there in October - I will let you know how I do. I shot a 126 at Edgewood (Lake Tahoe)... I always felt bad for the people that had to play with me when I started, especially when green fees were $200+.

It was spur of the moment, didn't even take my clubs over but got talked into it and was worth the $250 or whatever even though I hadn't been playing, used rentals etc...that doesn't bother me all that much as long as the wedge and putter are comfortable. Was just so windy, storm was coming in from Molokai, and I've accepted my amateurism. That's one course you just enjoy the ride.

It was spur of the moment, didn't even take my clubs over but got talked into it and was worth the $250 or whatever even though I hadn't been playing, used rentals etc...that doesn't bother me all that much as long as the wedge and putter are comfortable. Was just so windy, storm was coming in from Molokai, and I've accepted my amateurism. That's one course you just enjoy the ride.

I embrace my amateurism. I just want to be able to hold my own and not ruin the experience for anyone we play with.

We're going for 10 days and we are taking our clubs. We're playing Kapalua (mrtake played last time we went, but that was before I played) and we are playing at these 2 courses - https://www.costco.com/Maui-Golf-Package-Two-Rounds-eCertificate,-Hawaii.product.100350409.html

We may play another time, but we're not sure.

If you're staying in Ka'anapali those two courses will likely be just outside your resort, little trip to Roy's for dinner is close as well if you like sushi/Asian fusion...Kapalua's just about 10 minutes away. Love Maui to the point I really need to check out the other islands. 10 is a perfect number of days imo, did the same last time but spent the first 4 on Oahu for a wedding before the necessary getaway to Maui.

As long as she doesn't complain when you throw down a couple sodas, embrace the wifey playing well, only helps in scrambles down the line

I do have a buddy that will never play with his wife, like the one thing the boys still have left...fortunately she's fine with that

As long as she doesn't complain when you throw down a couple sodas, embrace the wifey playing well, only helps in scrambles down the line

I do have a buddy that will never play with his wife, like the one thing the boys still have left...fortunately she's fine with that

She throws down the sodas... ;).

I def embrace her playing well for scrambles etc with how spaced out our teeboxes are.

If you're staying in Ka'anapali those two courses will likely be just outside your resort, little trip to Roy's for dinner is close as well if you like sushi/Asian fusion...Kapalua's just about 10 minutes away. Love Maui to the point I really need to check out the other islands. 10 is a perfect number of days imo, did the same last time but spent the first 4 on Oahu for a wedding before the necessary getaway to Maui.

We are staying at the Westin (waste of money IMO, but we are going with friends and they picked it) so we'll be right there. I was not impressed by either Roys or Mamas Fish House, but loved Lahiana Grill. We always do 7 day vacations and wonder why we didn't do 10. This is the first vacation for that long and I'm looking forward to it.

Back