PLAYBALLS Louisville/Rutgers Game Thursday

• Thread starter Thread starter PLAYBALL 2013
  • Start date Start date
P

PLAYBALL 2013

The Big East has grown accustomed to strange finishes in recent years, but No. 18 Rutgers hopes to avoid any suspense for the second time in as many seasons when they host No. 20 Louisville on Thursday. In addition to securing the school’s first BCS berth, the Scarlet Knights will get a chance to atone for last season when they missed out on an opportunity to forge a four-way atop the conference standings in the final week of the regular season. While a similar scenario could take place again this season, Thursday’s game will likely determine whether Rutgers or Louisville will represent the conference in a BCS bowl game. Last Saturday, the Scarlet Knights had a chance to claim their first outright conference title, but appeared listless in a 27-6 loss to Pittsburgh. However, thanks to a triple-overtime loss by Louisville to Connecticut on the same day, Rutgers clinched at least a share of the Big East crown.
I'm on the Cards tonight as is think the loss to Kent State by Rutgers is enough to show me that they could lose this SU.
TV
: 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN. LINE: Rutgers -3

Cards +3. (4 units

Lean over 43.5, but no play on the total.

The Big East has grown accustomed to strange finishes in recent years, but No. 18 Rutgers hopes to avoid any suspense for the second time in as many seasons when they host No. 20 Louisville on Thursday. In addition to securing the school’s first BCS berth, the Scarlet Knights will get a chance to atone for last season when they missed out on an opportunity to forge a four-way atop the conference standings in the final week of the regular season. While a similar scenario could take place again this season, Thursday’s game will likely determine whether Rutgers or Louisville will represent the conference in a BCS bowl game. Last Saturday, the Scarlet Knights had a chance to claim their first outright conference title, but appeared listless in a 27-6 loss to Pittsburgh. However, thanks to a triple-overtime loss by Louisville to Connecticut on the same day, Rutgers clinched at least a share of the Big East crown.
I'm on the Cards tonight as is think the loss to Kent State by Rutgers is enough to show me that they could lose this SU
TV
: 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN. LINE: Rutgers -3

Cards +3. (4 units

Lean over 43.5, but no play on the total.

The Cards losing to UConn (5-6) is way, way, way worse than Rutgers losing to Top 20 Kent State (11-1).

IMO, it was simply a bad spot for Rutgers last week, on back to back roadies facing tough conference opponents. Conversely, Louisville had two weeks to prepare for UConn and still lost.

I'd be more worried backing a Louisville team that has lost two in a row, and could still very well be hung over after that thorough ass-whooping they suffered at the hands of Syracuse two weeks ago.

The Cards losing to UConn (5-6) is way, way, way worse than Rutgers losing to Top 20 Kent State (11-1).

IMO, it was simply a bad spot for Rutgers last week, on back to back roadies facing tough conference opponents. Conversely, Louisville had two weeks to prepare for UConn and still lost.

I'd be more worried backing a Louisville team that has lost two in a row, and could still very well be hung over after that thorough ass-whooping they suffered at the hands of Syracuse two weeks ago.

Seriously. Not to mention that with the short week to follow the Pitt game, I'm sure some of last week was spent planning for L-Ville. Unless UConn beat L-Ville (and who expected that, honestly) the Pitt game was completely meaningless. This time last week everyone in Piscataway knew that we could lose to Pitt and still win the BE, or beat Pitt and have no better chance to win the BE (unless UCONN won, as I said). I'm not saying they threw the game, but I'm sure there was even more prep than usual for a short week follow-up opponent.

All your points are well taken, but 'Super Nova' was torched for 6 int's against Kent State - and- Ville will be pressuring him all day with the mediocre Knightsrunning game. The Knights hold a low scoring advantage as well at home, averging 24 pts per game and that means unless Ville is worse on defense on the road than Howard, Conn, Cuse, Kent and Army, then the Cards could win this. (There is mpre to discuss but I don't see the need to get into different capping factors.)

All your points are well taken, but 'Super Nova' was torched for 6 int's against Kent State - and- Ville will be pressuring him all day with the mediocre Knightsrunning game. The Knights hold a low scoring advantage as well at home, averging 24 pts per game and that means unless Ville is worse on defense on the road than Howard, Conn, Cuse, Kent and Army, then the Cards could win this. (There is mpre to discuss but I don't see the need to get into different capping factors.)

Your bet isnt getting in the way of destiny. Rutgers wins tonight.

Nova playing lights out so far, and being smart with the football.

6/10, nearly 20 yds/completion, and 2 TD's 0 INT's.

Sorry man. Im eating oranges in section 110. Its our day. Weve waited 143 years for this.

Its going to be 144 years now.

Nova playing lights out so far, and being smart with the football.

6/10, nearly 20 yds/completion, and 2 TD's 0 INT's.

The result. Loss for Nova. Int's killed him. Rutgers even had the break of injured lame QB Bridgewater playing part time for Cards.

Go Ville!:thumbsup:

Congrats on the cover, PLAY...nice hit.

Having said that, no need to rub it in with the comment directed at johnci. IMO, you got lucky, as Bridgewater lobbed it up more than a few times with his receivers bailing him out with miraculous grabs. If not for that kickoff return that was fumbled, Rutgers probably wins.

And, what's the point of pointing out that Rutgers lost after the fact? I was obviously watching the game. All I did was comment on Nova getting off to a good start.

Congrats on the cover, PLAY...nice hit.

Having said that, no need to rub it in with the comment directed at johnci. IMO, you got lucky, as Bridgewater lobbed it up more than a few times with his receivers bailing him out with miraculous grabs. If not for that kickoff return that was fumbled, Rutgers probably wins.

Johnci could have said heath. Instead, he decided to tell me I wasn't going to win. My write up didnt call out any Rutgers backers.

And, what's the point of pointing out that Rutgers lost after the fact? I was obviously watching the game. All I did was comment on Nova getting off to a good start.

Seems that you offered a reply to my window where I said Super Nova was torched by Kent with 6 int's.

Let me be clear Im not rubbing in any play to anyone. If someone responds with intent to criticise, then I will play along with a response. Your posts and his were similar IMO.

GL on all your plays regardless of what side we're each on.

Seems that you offered a reply to my window where I said Super Nova was torched by Kent with 6 int's.

Let me be clear Im not rubbing in any play to anyone. If someone responds with intent to criticise, then I will play along with a response. Your posts and his were similar IMO.

GL on all your plays regardless of what side we're each on.

Here for my lumps. Congratulations. Please identify me properly as a Rutgers homer, not a backer last night. Would've been happy with a 1 or 2 point win. Last night was pretty painful.

Back