Pirates 2013 Thread - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Nah, they're right there. Everyone in that division is a beast at home.

here is what Pitt needs to do. make a move, get some bats, guys that have been there b4.. call the phillies shortly, they will become sellers..
u go get Utley(play him at 1b or 2b) you getting no power from garret jones, if Neil walker going to be out play him at 2nd.. also u get Rollins from the Phils to play SS, your SS's stink to be honest. U get to put Rollins in the middle of the lineup.
Marte
Utley
Cutch
Alvarez
Rollins

you give back the phils some prospects(hope u have some)
its a win-win

I would want no part of Utley or Rollins, I don't think either of them would help, however we do need bats. Im afraid there are no bats out there. Our biggest hole seems SS , hitting wise, but Mercer can be ok. And then RF is awful. We need Tabata to be healthy. They actually get on base a decent enough amount of times, but they are literally (statistically) the worst team in the league when it comes to hitting with runners on base.

Time of year when people speculate about old, crappy goats going to Pittsburgh or Cleveland.

I would want no part of Utley or Rollins, I don't think either of them would help, however we do need bats. Im afraid there are no bats out there. Our biggest hole seems SS , hitting wise, but Mercer can be ok. And then RF is awful. We need Tabata to be healthy. They actually get on base a decent enough amount of times, but they are literally (statistically) the worst team in the league when it comes to hitting with runners on base.

u get utley as a one yr rental.. he def can swing the bat better than Jones or Mercer, even Walker..
figure a Pitt fan would be all over that trade..
your not really hurting your payroll either cuz in 2014 if Pitt out of the hunt u can prob trade rollins to a team in need of a vet

Indians supposedly said thanks but no thanks to Chis for Garza. Kind of on board with that if it's true.

The Tigers thread, obviously, deals with the day in and day out business of the Indians season, whereas this Pirates thread, obviously, focuses solely on how the Indians cope with the pressures of contending in the second half.

tumblr_lmvtke9BIL1qen2kdo1_400.gif

Well AJ Burnett and Locke are pretty useless. Only a matter of time until Liriano regresses to the bum we all know. Could be the biggest swing in a starting rotation in terms of form from regular season to post season. Lead league in ERA and could honestly be the worst staff in the playoffs by a large margin.

Back