Pick 'Em League

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
You guys probably play some of these pick 'em leagues? There is one on yahoo I could set up if people want to play here? We can play with the spreads and I can have it select just about every game on our weekly list if we want (options are top 25, yahoo default, then any of the conferences can be selected including independents). I can set it up so each player gets their single lowest weekly score dropped in case somebody misses getting their picks in one week, this keeps more interest throughout in case somebody really bombs one week they don't just quit playing.

Last edited:
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Join Private Group and enter following information

Group ID#: 3674
Password: Bama

Not sure if anyone wants to do this, but I set it up anyway. You have to have a yahoo user ID to sign up.

Yahoo default games, AP Top 25 games and Independent games is what we will pick from weekly. Make your picks up to 5 minutes before kickoff of that game. Single lowest weekly score dropped for each player.

There is an APP for yahoo leagues you can put on your phone to make picks easier instead of having to go to the website.

I signed up, but have to admit I'm not super stoked about this type of format though. No way anyone can handicap all of those games on a weekly basis.

You could just follow your hunches on some games. Not intended to be super serious even though everyone would want to do well naturally.

Yahoo did list the games for week 1, but does not yet have the point spreads up which I imagine will be posted on the games early next week.

Remember, you can change your picks for any specific game up until 5 minutes before kickoff. And everyone's single worst week is dropped.

It will be ats. Yahoo usually posts numbers Mon/Tue game week but then move the number though the week until a final is posted Friday and that is the official line for picks. I do not think they ever have Thursday games.

When's the cutoff?

Short answer, just allow yourself 5 minutes before the first game Friday 8/31 to make picks.

Longer answer, I believe that yahoo allows anyone to sign up after the season starts - but I am not sure on this. So I think if you forget to do it by Friday, you could probably do it Saturday and just not make picks for Friday obviously. Or since we are dropping the lowest week, somebody could sign up before week 2 and be good to go for the rest of the year with just week 1 being their dropped week.

Just sign up now instead of waiting anyway. 53 people checked out the thread, 7 have signed up. ? It's college football, it's picking games, it's free and it's fun. What's not to like!

Not sure if anyone wants to do this, but I set it up anyway. You have to have a yahoo user ID to sign up.

Yahoo default games, AP Top 25 games and Independent games is what we will pick from weekly. Make your picks up to 5 minutes before kickoff of that game. Single lowest weekly score dropped for each player.

There is an APP for yahoo leagues you can put on your phone to make picks easier instead of having to go to the website.

I'm in. Let's get some more involved.

OK, 9. Games on the pick'em start Friday!

14% of the people who viewed this thread signed up :(

Quick question. The games off the board, do we just pick the game straight up? Looks like the FBS FCS games are all OTB.

Quick question. The games off the board, do we just pick the game straight up? Looks like the FBS FCS games are all OTB.

Yes, "off" for IA vs IAA games - just pick the winner. Yahoo will not use spreads for games involving IAAs. Sometimes regular games might say "off" at some point during the week if there is an injury or some circumstance that causes wherever they get their lines from to take it off. But sometimes those games get lines posted again. So whatever the final number is for Friday will be what they grade from. As far as I remember IAA games never have lines though.

More games this week and next probably with all the non-conference and IAA matchups going on. There won't be that many once the season gets rolling. We are using games involving top 25 teams, yahoo default (not sure how different that is from top 25) and independent teams.

googs, it appears you have not made all your picks.

When you look at "group picks" you can see a dash in the squares for the games next to people's names. A dash means a pick has been made, no dash means no pick. Googs, you have random boxes of dashes and no dashes - just trying to make sure everyone has it figured out here week 1 - take a look at your picks.

Also, Jimmydafreak, it doesn't appear you have made any picks.

League still open for sign ups. Best anyone did last night was win 3 out of 5, so anyone coming in today isn't too far behind.

VCavs won the first week with a 25-9 pick set. The league is a season long contest though.

Anyone can sign up this week and be on par with everyone currently in the league. New sign-ups will not have a mulligan week, because week 1 would be that week. Otherwise new players can compete equally with everyone else.

So come on into the pick'em!

Anyone can still join. After week 2 no new players will want to come onboard unless someone just wants the challenge of trying to play catch up.

Starting in week 2 won't really hurt anyone.

This is a good week to get in if anyone missed last week. There are 41 games, so this is a good chance to score a bunch of wins before the picklist starts getting trimmed down after conference play starts gearing up.

Last Call.....

Thanks for playing everyone, makes it fun seeing who everyone else plays and trying to beat them! The hardest part is remembering to put the plays in each week. Yahoo should send email reminders...stick with it everyone!

Why do the standings act like i didnt make any picks in week 2

It will drop everyone's single worst week. So if your second week was lower than your first week, week 2 will be a mulligan. If week 3 is lower than 1 or 2, week 3 will be the dropped week.

Looks like 2 people that have been playing for the first 2 weeks have incomplete or blank picks for today. Just want everyone to stick with it so we can have a good battle among as many as possible throughout the year.

VirginiaCavs had high score this week.

Yahoo has not dropped everyone's correct lowest score yet. Our two highest weeks should be added for the total points with our worst not counted. I'll keep on it and make sure it everything works like it is supposed to contacting yahoo administrators if necessary.

I followed up again with yahoo to find out why they aren't dropping the correct weekly scores and when it will be fixed. Other leagues I am in have the same issue right now and other people on yahoo help forum are complaining too. Hasn't happened before, should be easy fix. It just shows the wrong person as the overall leader right now, technically the only time that really matters is the end. If you aren't shown in the proper spot on the leader list, don't worry, I'm confident they will get it right.

I followed up again with yahoo to find out why they aren't dropping the correct weekly scores and when it will be fixed. Other leagues I am in have the same issue right now and other people on yahoo help forum are complaining too. Hasn't happened before, should be easy fix. It just shows the wrong person as the overall leader right now, technically the only time that really matters is the end. If you aren't shown in the proper spot on the leader list, don't worry, I'm confident they will get it right.

:(

Don't sweat it. Keep doing what you do and you'll be there at or near the top at the end. I'm being short changed not shown as the real leader, haha, it might be the only time all year I'd see my name at the top, got to show out while I can! Lots of weeks left to keep going at each other.

Mudslingers top weekly performer

3 pts separate 1st through 8th in the overall standings

Only one game tonight, looks like a few people behind in making picks.

Just remembered.

But then after posting that Friday night, you didn't make any picks for Saturday?

Anyone who has only missed one week like BAR and VirginiaCavs did last week can still play the rest of the season as last week will be your mulligan week. So if you still want to play if you don't miss another week you will be on equal with everyone else. We all get one week dropped, our lowest score. So don't quit just because you missed last week!

Robert's Picks and Mudslingers had best weekly scores, tie breaker went to Robert's Picks.

But then after posting that Friday night, you didn't make any picks for Saturday?

Anyone who has only missed one week like BAR and VirginiaCavs did last week can still play the rest of the season as last week will be your mulligan week. So if you still want to play if you don't miss another week you will be on equal with everyone else. We all get one week dropped, our lowest score. So don't quit just because you missed last week!

Robert's Picks and Mudslingers had best weekly scores, tie breaker went to Robert's Picks.
There is a reason I missed but excuses are for... I'll be back this week :)

I had the highest total this week.

Only 6 pts separates 1st - 5th. With 8 weeks left everyone in the top 8 is within striking distance. VirginiaCavs missed his second week so I guess he is done.

Back