PGA Championship Selections

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
23-13-9 from RBC thru the Byron Nelson

I have not settled on my final selections. But, here is my first wager made:

Tournament Wagers:
Tony Finau will finish 29th or worse -110. Lose

Lieshman -105 Over Sergio PUSH.
Neither Made The Cut. Leishman was at + 3 & finished double bogey/bogey on 17 & 18 with a 3 putt

Cameron Smith -155 Over Si Woo Winner

McIlroy -115 Over Bryson Lose

Round #1;

Patrick Reed +110 Over Rahm loser
Cameron Smith +130 to win Over Rose & Woodland loser

Round #2:
Cameron Smith -110 Over Berger loser (this was a stupid bet, did not think it through)
Lowry -135 Over Sergio winner

Round #3 Selections

Cam Davis -110 Over Steve Stricker loser

Woodland +112 Over C Conners winner

Rory -115 Over Jon Rahm loser

Westwood -120 Over Lewis winner

Bryson -160 Over Hoffman. winner

Round #4:

Aaron Wise +152 Over V Hovland winner

S Lowry -130 Over M Laird winner

G Woodland +120 Over P Casey loser

Tournament Wagers

Brooks to Win + 350 lose

Brooks to finish 3rd or better -120 winner

Last edited:
Interesting.

Thoughts when you have time, thanks.

Very nice job this spring on golf.
See your post from the Discussion thread re last PGA at Kiawah. I see a similar type leaderboard with foreign/European Tour competitors. It would be ridiculous of me to argue that Finau is not a world class golfer. He has finished well in majors but also missed cuts. I am not "feeling it" with Tony.

See your post from the Discussion thread re last PGA at Kiawah. I see a similar type leaderboard with foreign/European Tour competitors. It would be ridiculous of me to argue that Finau is not a world class golfer. He has finished well in majors but also missed cuts. I am not "feeling it" with Tony.
Fair enough.

I see you have Stewart Cink as your first pick in the contest. I hope you're right -- I have him at 250/1.

I hope you're right about Smith too.
I made one small matchup play, and that's Smith +102 over Cantlay

Adding for Tourney

McIlroy -115 Over Bryson

Also added a little more $$ to my Leishman Over Sergio wager

0-2 Round #1

Round #2:

Cameron Smith -110 Over Berger

Lowry -135 Over Sergio

Last edited:
Well, I should have known better. I think the cut will be around -4. Berger going to make the cut by shooting 68-69. Cameron Smith has gone par-par but driving ball like a 10 handicap. If he does not find it soon, he will be gone.

Siwoo has played horribly and will miss the cut. Hopefully Smith makes cut and that will be a win on my largest wager

Round #2 went 1-1

Won one of my tourney bets Cameron Smith Over Siwoo

Pushed a tourney bet of Leishman Over Sergio, neither made the cut. Leishman was @+3 after 16 then finishes double bogey, bogey with a 3 putt.

2-3-1 so far

Round #3 Selections

Cam Davis -110 Over Steve Stricker

Woodland +112 Over C Conners

Tournament Wagers

Brooks to Win + 350

Brooks to finish 3rd or better -120

Agree with that Gary over Connors. Any thoughts on Willy Z over Bubba and Brooks over Grace? @bones
I stayed away from Bubba and Zalatoris. There is something to be said for a Major winner who can shape shots vs. youth & inexperience. But, I will not bet agst Zalatoris

I bet on Brooks to win the tourney and finish in top 3, so I think he beats Grace. I have enough $$ on Brooks now

Adding Round #3:

Rory -115 Over Jon Rahm
Well, wife is out of town and I can watch golf all day here where it is raining so added more action. I normally would not do this, so beware if you tail:

Adding Round #3

Westwood -120 Over Lewis

Bryson -160 Over Hoffman. I do think if the conditions stay this benign then Bryson has a big advantage with his length

Well, wife is out of town and I can watch golf all day here where it is raining so added more action. I normally would not do this, so beware if you tail:

Adding Round #3

Westwood -120 Over Lewis

Bryson -160 Over Hoffman. I do think if the conditions stay this benign then Bryson has a big advantage with his length

Agree on Bryson - all of my eggs are in one basket with him today, as I took him in all three match ups that were available. Boom or bust for me today.

Round #3:
3-2
Won on Bryson, Westwood & Woodland. Lost on C Davis & Rory.

5-5-1 so far

Round #4:

Aaron Wise +152 Over V Hovland WIN

S Lowry -130 Over M Laird WIN

G Woodland +120 Over P Casey (Woodland had 9 pars and 6 birdies in Round #3. And then there were those three double bogey 6s) LOSE

Last edited:
Round #4:

Aaron Wise +152 Over V Hovland

S Lowry -130 Over M Laird

G Woodland +120 Over P Casey (Woodland had 9 pars and 6 birdies in Round #3. And then there were those three double bogey 6s)
With you on Woodland

Went 7-7 for the tourney on the bets made (a 2 unit win fwiw)

Was rooting against my wager on Koepka to win - so great for Phil to do it like he did!

Back