P2W 6/7 Belmont Stakes Day - Thoughts For Entire Card

It was 100% sour grapes and unfortunate. Your horse finished behind Medal Count (who did run in the Derby) so you're argument goes right out the window. You were not winning today, period. Accept the blessings you've had to date and be congratulatory to the victor, at least in public. Just a shame.

Turns out Chrome pulled out a chunk of hoof at the start of the race, so he even had an excuse for not being at his best. All the more reason to show some class right after the race.

Coburn doubling down this morning is really unfortunate, I was willing to give him some lee way in the heat of the moment yesterday, but now he just sounds like a really sore loser. Sherman has been class act throughout.

And it takes away from the gutsy performance by Chrome who ran the whole race with a quartercrack after being steeped on by Matterhorn coming out of the gateView attachment 35887View attachment 35888

Thank you for all the king words, really appreciate it. I had a great time and made some money, so what more could you ask for? I got to see alot of people i know which is always great, weather and racing were great as well, very crowded towards end of day but spaced out enough where we could enjoy ourselves for most of day, crowds suck because everything is a line, betting, drinks, bathroom. Luckily we were able to get right out of there, we left right after Belmont Stakes and got right out, many had a very tough time getting out of there. It would have been nice to see some history, but it wasn't meant to be, i guess. Maybe i'm the mush, my last two Belmont stakes are Smarty Jones and Cali Chrome.

Some tough breaks I had were used 4,8 in doubles in R1, didn't cash DD and horse run 1-2 and i didn't play an exacta, had #4 to win at 9-1, 10-1 range and he had a tough trip. R7 Princess of Sylmar was norrowly defeated, needed her in back end of big double i played with Sweet Reason in 1st leg.

There are always going to be tough beats and/or bad breaks, have to overcome those and that's just what i did, R3 had win bet on #8 Norumbega, big overlay paing $22.40 and caught double race 3 into race 4, race 4 was #6 Undrafted, double was underlay imo, paid $146 and big score of the day was R6 big win ticket on #5 Sweet Reason, paid $20.80 for every $2.

Anytime after a big race day there is a let down and this is no different, guess i have to look forward to Saratoga Meet now, starts early this year, opening day 7/18.

Back