G

Gyno

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ct-yasiel-puig

hi-res-161859331_crop_north.jpg
Christian Petersen/Getty Images
The Los Angeles Dodgers optioned right-hander Matt Magill to the minors on Sunday and will recall outfielder Yasiel Puig on Monday, the Dodgers announced on Twitter:
Puig defected from Cuba in 2012 and was shortly signed by the Dodgers to a seven-year, $42 million contract.
In the Cuban National Series, Puig hit .330 with 17 home runs, 47 RBI and recorded a .430 on-base percentage in 327 at-bats during the 2010-11 campaign. At Double-A Chattanooga this year, the 6'3", 215-pound outfielder batted .313 with eight home runs, 37 RBI and 26 runs in 147 at-bats.
The Dodgers need all the help they can get. They are 23-32 this season—good for last place in the NL West—and they rank 28th in baseball in runs scored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magill walked 9 guys today... had the under... shocked it stayed under.. it wasn't because of him obviously... he looks like he needs some time in Triple A. Puig should be great

As a fan I'm hoping for a Mike Trout type of spark for the Dodgers here. Puig is the real deal but the injuries to this team are nothing short of weird.

If Puig delivers there might be some kind of trade in the near future because the outfield is a complete log jam with Ethier, Crawford, Kemp and Puig. Joc Pederson is also knocking on the door in the minors right now for an outfield spot. It's gonna be a tricky situation because Ethier has a big contract and is not delivering so his value is low. Kemp I would think is untouchable and Crawford is producing and fits in well and also has a bloated contract.

Don would love to trade ethier. and if magic picks up part of that contract, the prospects of ethier playin somewhere else get a lot more realistic.

Don would love to trade ethier. and if magic picks up part of that contract, the prospects of ethier playin somewhere else get a lot more realistic.

He is probably the only realistic trade that I could see going down before the deadline. Not sure what the dodgers could pull in return but they really need some arms in the pen. I honestly think Ethier has a lot left in the take and could really benefit by a change of scenery. Just think his value is kinda shot right now because of the season he is having.

i agree with him still being able to hit, and if magic can pick up a good bit of his contract, someone could justify it. if a team needs an extra bat this year, it could really happen. Especially the way Donny Baseball feels about him.

Have to think Kemp's value isn't high right now either. Shoulder injury seems to be taking a while to get completely healthy as his power stats are way down this year.

Life long Dodger fan here, but even if he lives up to his expectations, this team isn't going anywhere this year. They have so many holes, #4/5 and bullpen being the obvious ones.

it's a shame this team isn't a bigger deal. think it's better for baseball when the doyers are gettin it.

Either isn't going anywhere.. He just signed an extension for Christ sakes.

He has a fan base here and is very popular.. Either is going nowhere.

Either isn't going anywhere.. He just signed an extension for Christ sakes.

He has a fan base here and is very popular.. Either is going nowhere.

Pretty sure Kemp is going nowhere. Crawford has value but his contract pretty much makes him untouchable, besides he was the gem of that trade last year as no one thought he would pan out. That leaves Ethier. Fan base or no fan base, if Puig starts tearing shit up Ethier is the odd man out gyno.

The team probably should have let Joc Pederson come up and prove is game while Kemp is on the DL. He could have shown what he has and then become the centerpiece of a trade before the deadline.

Jump this is the most hyped Dodgers prospect in a long long time. He comes up for his first game and gets two hits and the double play to end the game. That alone should cause excitement. As far as the throw goes, that was not a play every right fielder makes. As he caught it his momentum was carrying him towards the wall. He stops, takes one step forward and throws a strike to first base to double up. Put that play together with some of the other throws he made last night that were nearly outs and there is something special there.

What about last season when Mike Trout was the second coming of Mickey Mantle?

Mike Trout had an MVP caliber season..this cat has two singles and a force out....i'm just saying lets slow down a bit...

This kid has the tools but so have a thousands of other young ball players that for one reason or another dont pan out like we hope...I think he will add some energy to a club that no doubt is in need...at the very least I hope he can salvage Don's job

Pretty sure Kemp is going nowhere. Crawford has value but his contract pretty much makes him untouchable, besides he was the gem of that trade last year as no one thought he would pan out. That leaves Ethier. Fan base or no fan base, if Puig starts tearing shit up Ethier is the odd man out gyno.

The team probably should have let Joc Pederson come up and prove is game while Kemp is on the DL. He could have shown what he has and then become the centerpiece of a trade before the deadline.

I agree here, CDS... I'm all for dumping Ethier at this point (if in any way possible). Kemp should turn it around, hopefully right after he gets off the DL. With Kemp/Puig/Crawford in the OF and Hanley coming back as well, this team has the bats to start really racking up some runs. Now pitching, that's a whole 'nother discussion. I hope Greinke can at least get back to where he was before the DL.

Last edited:
he looks like cespedes with more speed. i think that would be a fair comparison for him, not trout or harper or bo jackson, bo knew football, this dude thinks its a soccer ball.

also his size seems to be a bit exaggerated, hes not as big as cespedes but no doubt kid is cut up.

Good to see for Dodgers, exciting element for baseball that is needed.

Ironic he and Cespedes each hit 2 homers tonight...changing the game, freaks

I'm here at the game... Will never forget this..

I saw history live

problem is he will probably be hurt at some point, seems to be the way this year with the dodgers

but he has tied kemp now with 2 homers

I'm here at the game... Will never forget this..

I saw history live

That's awesome bro!

Well, he's off to a legendary start...can only hope it continues from here. Could wind up being a flash in the pan or legend/HOFer, hopefully the latter.

He sure looks great so far, but, we've seen this probably hundreds of times with kids getting called up. Tough not to jump the gun on his potential greatness though, kid sure looks like a stud. And I certainly hope he keeps it up, what a performance last night!

Jump gonna hate some more today?

I don't think he's a flash in the pan...

This kid is something real special...

I don't think he's a flash in the pan...

This kid is something real special...

I don't think he is either, gyno...I think he's gonna be a great one, that's my prediction. And, I sure hope I'm right.

Dodgers lineup could be pretty scary with Hanley now back and when Kemp/Crawford get back. I also think surrounded by solid bats that Ethier could pick it up too. Crawford, Puig, Kemp, Gonzalez, Ramirez, (Ethier), Uribe..... I think it'll be interesting to see what order Donnie puts everybody in when everybody's healthy.

Its going to be the nastiest lineup in the league but I think there will be trades.. Maybe Either will be traded, but the sad thing is he is hitting .231. His trade value is down. I also know Either is streaky, I think he has a good run in him. Kemp is the guy I wonder about. He's too emotional, its not good to be emotional while being a baseball player.

The Rhianna situation fucked with him obviously, now he has a mental block. Its lasted quite a while, he struggled late last season too. Puig has more HRs in one game than Kemp all season.. Talk to me about that.

Cannot have an outfield of:
Crawford, Either, Kemp, Puig,

Something has got to give..

Puig
Crawford
Gonzalez
Kemp
Hanley
Ellis
Uribe/Cruz
Ellis

^^^
Yeah?

good defensive team too.

Cannot have an outfield of:
Crawford, Either, Kemp, Puig,

Something has got to give..

Ya exactly, and that's why I put Ethier in parentheses there...I think he's the odd man out. It'll be very interesting to see how things shape up once Kemp and Crawford get back. And you're right, it does suck because I think he's got a good run in him. We trade him and most likely he gets hot for another club.

heyman wrote an article with anonymous baseball execs saying the dodgers would need to pick up 1/2 of ethier's contract if they wanted to move him. i'm calling bullshit. dodgers could get away with less than that.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I'm sure plenty of clubs are thinking like some of us in here...Ethier is gonna bust out and get hot at some point this season.

Puig looks exciting as hell, but this thread has assembled the same group of Dodger honks who applauded the ridiculous trade for all those Boston bums, which to reasonable people was ridiculous at conception. All that trade did was revive the Red Sox.

Puig looks exciting as hell, but this thread has assembled the same group of Dodger honks who applauded the ridiculous trade for all those Boston bums, which to reasonable people was ridiculous at conception. All that trade did was revive the Red Sox.[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez leads the Dodgers in BA, HR, OBP, Hits and RBI. Crawford is second on the team in Hits, Doubles and total bases and leads the team in runs scored. Say what you will about their contracts being bloated but the Dodgers can obviously afford the money.

The bolded could not be more wrong. Without Gonzo and Crawford what might the dodgers and their injuries look like right now?

Gonzalez is having a fantastic season and is on pace for like 120 RBI, calling him a bum is laughable and Crawford has shown that he is far from finished.

Beckett obviously has nothing left in the tank.

Gonz is good. Crawford and Beckett are overpaid, disinterested, downhill-sliding jakes, I'll stand by that. Red Sox muckety-mucks probably still haven't wiped the grins off their faces. Not your money though, I'll give you that.

Puig looks exciting as hell, but this thread has assembled the same group of Dodger honks who applauded the ridiculous trade for all those Boston bums, which to reasonable people was ridiculous at conception. All that trade did was revive the Red Sox.

Huh??? Gonzalez and Crawford.....

Overpaid is one thing tip but I just cant see calling Crawford disinterested and downhill sliding. You must not have watched a lot of Dodger games this year. In fact the two Red Sox refugees have been probably the two most engaged players on offense the whole season.

Back