ore/ksu discussion

Pretty sure Mike Price could have handled either of these teams with QB Lamaison ... before he was fired....

KSU is the slowest paced team in the nation in my estimation. I have little doubt that their strategy will be to grind out clock. KSU would be smart to not defer and take ball if they win the toss.

KSU took 45K to Dallas in 1997
40K last year
2003 Fiesta had an estimated 40K

Since 1993, K-State has played in seven different bowls in three different states and has averaged nearly 30,000 fans at each of its bowl games played in the Continental U.S.

Fiesta Bowl (Glendale, AZ): What will be the GAME RESULT?

[TABLE="class: mg-gametableQ spons-mg-gametableQ"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column1 start"]8:35 PM
icon_espn.png

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column2 sport"]
icon_football.gif

NCF
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents"] #4 Oregon: Wins By Double Digits[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column5 status"]Not Started
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw"]39.2%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column7 heat"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents last"] #5 Kansas St: Win or Single Digit Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result last"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw"]60.8%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight last"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

does this make sense?
if K ST covers game prob goes under, if ORE covers game goes over?

Both are going to score. I don't see either team stopping each other much. Factor in the turnovers that usually lead to points for both and excellent return games. Oregon goes for it on 4th once they crack 50 everytime which is only thing that scares me.

KSU took 45K to Dallas in 1997
40K last year
2003 Fiesta had an estimated 40K

Since 1993, K-State has played in seven different bowls in three different states and has averaged nearly 30,000 fans at each of its bowl games played in the Continental U.S.

Man I'm so ready for this!!!! I think we pull it out 34-28 EMAW baby!!

Fans and trends mean little to nothing. Fans don't play the game. Trends are always based on the past and no guarantee of the future.

I pitched a no-hitter* once and the ball park was empty of sound.

When Oregon gets its going, every time K-St punts they will only need 60 seconds to score. K-St could surprise but more likely to suprise their fans if they get beat.

(*) Whiffel ball. :-)

I have 2 friends who flew down to Arizona yesterday morning who are Duck alumni. They said they're outnumbered in fans by a lot. Take it for whatever its worth. the game isn't played in the stands. I've already stated I'm playing Ducks team total under. Something tells me they're going to pull a Florida. They didn't make the Natioanl Championship, conference championship, and the Rosé Bowl. They missed on everything, which leads me to think this Fiesta Bowl is a letdown. Mix in the fact that their head coach is looking at 1 of at least 4 opportunities in the NFL, and you have enough to at least think they might not show up ready.

You can say this exact thing about both teams. KSU choked down the stretch just like Oregon did.

Fans and trends mean little to nothing. Fans don't play the game. Trends are always based on the past and no guarantee of the future.

I pitched a no-hitter* once and the ball park was empty of sound.

When Oregon gets its going, every time K-St punts they will only need 60 seconds to score. K-St could surprise but more likely to suprise their fans if they get beat.

(*) Whiffel ball. :-)

but could you strike out the side in tee-ball?

yeah, like i said...hate reading into it, just saying cant see books exposing themselves to people buying down to a TD if Ore is that superior to K St, as some think.

Yea, dropping it to 8 allows for the books to make more on Oregon bettors as a good number of them will pay the extra ten cents in juice to 7. It's a thought.

i parlayed the K-St ML +260 and under 74 50/300

and

K-St +8 55/50

Sometimes you have to pay to see it... outside of that Stanford game... Oregon would have covered every single game in the 1h had they not played walk ons for a large majority of games.

If Calvin Klein can beat these guys. Props to him.

Ducks -1.5 & Open (there's a game on Monday I'll close this with and not even have to watch)

Can't fault the Duck cheerleaders. Close to the best in CFB.

Waiting for the local line. Late play...

I think they probably have to be the best...

Just seem like they'd be a little cleaner too up in the northwest.

Degen parlay with kleiny plus pts n talked myself into.ova...
hoping for an entertaining game

Weird game. I did figure Ore would cover spread or K St would win outright, and took a lil crack on the ML. But its a bet I'd make again in this situation. Honestly if you told me that Mariota would complete 50% of his 24 passes and Barner would have 143 yards with no TD's I would have guaranteed you KSt would have been the winner.

Story last night was Oregon's defense, and what surprised me most, was the really piss poor adjustments by Stewart and his staff on offense. Towards the end of the game when KSt had a chance to come back, they weren't coming to the line agressively at all, taking tons of time to get the ball snapped, and calling the same plays that weren't working the whole game. The one thing I thought I could rely on in this game was solid adjustments from the KSt sideline, and they just weren't there. One of the worst coached games I've ever seen from Stewart.

Congrats Ducks backers, and under callers

We lost the game when we could have gone up 17-15 before halftime. Oregon is a hell of a team but our D played better than I thought they would. Congrats to UO, Chip Kelly is all class

Snyder just pissed down his leg. It is really true that 70yo+ people don't have testicles. True medical fact. Found out on nat'l tv last night

Snyder just pissed down his leg. It is really true that 70yo+ people don't have testicles. True medical fact. Found out on nat'l tv last night

Lol. Yea, for all the credit Snyder rightfully deserves at K-St, last night was sort of a debacle and scaredy cat like. But, nonetheless, they should have been leading 16/17/18 - 15 at HT. them thars the breaks sometimes. Give credit to OU for that A- defensive effort last evening. Their offense was really good at times and stifled at other times.

Back