ore/ksu discussion

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Fire away. Would appreciate any injury info on both sides. Oregon have a few linemen out?

I saw smith say lockett and zimmerman are full goes. Ksu defense is a different animal with Ty manning the secondary. Defense really struggled without him.

I don't think Klein was fully healthy in last few either.

I go back and forth on this one, two of my favorite teams in cfb this year.

would love to do an OR 1H (-5), then depending on the line, take KSU 2H. Snyder is a guru and his 2H adjustments have been pretty good overall this year.

Yeah Oregon is a big time first half team.

Ksu is a great 2nd half team. Good points.

Ksu always seem to get that big time td on special teams or a turnover to keep them going.

I personally think this game rides a lot on Hubert, can he get to edges, will Ksu run effectively?

What sort of impact are all these reports of Chip Kelly INTERVIEWING for NFL jobs during their stay in Arizona?! Whether it is true or not is irrelevant. Crazy.

Yeah definitely a distraction especially for a redshirt frosh qb, although that kid seems to be unfazed by anything.

Kelly distraction, Oregon past bowl performances when teams have about a month to prepare, Synder, well coached discipline team, Klein...I think we see another ML dog winner.

Hmm interesting moose. The layoff does concern me a little, but once that first td hits its just a matter of how many they get...if u back ore. Ksu can play slow, fast, Oregon only knows one way.

One thing that cracks me up is the fact that everyone just assumes KST will lose, yet they keep pulling off upsets. Motivation is on KST's side and that might just be enough...

Something to ponder is the home/away splits for each. KSU is scoring 16ppg less away from Bill Snyder Family (47.3 to 30.6) while Oregon is scoring 5pts more away from Autzen (52.6 to 47.8) I don't include the Tenny tech or SWMizz St games in this

Also of note is Oregon is only 9-33 (27.3%)on 3rd downs vs currently ranked teams. Just so happens was their last 2gms: Stan & Ore St. They are 77-149 (51.7%) vs everyone else

which happens to be two of the toughest defenses they've played. Question is is KState comparable to either defensively?

One thing that cracks me up is the fact that everyone just assumes KST will lose, yet they keep pulling off upsets. Motivation is on KST's side and that might just be enough...

Just like LVille last night. Everyone assumed Florida would win (progs).

More fun with splits :D

Kst rushing at home: 41.2att 236.1ypg 5.72ypc 7gms
Kst rushing away: 40att 147.4ypg 3.69ypc 5gms

Oregon should win this game with their speed and uptempo offense. Huge mismatch vs. KSt's defense. But Klein is a special player, playing his last game, with a coach who is as cagey as they come. Kid is a gamer and has the ability to put his team on his back. Couple this with the distractions to the Ducks and this one is easy - took a small crack on the KSt ML at +300 a few days ago.

Kansas St is not winning this game by getting into a shoot out with arguably the best fast paced offense in college football. Snyder is too smart of a coach to know that he can't match score for score with Oregon. I think you will see a more Oklahoma type game plan where they will try to wear down the Oregon defense with Klein and the rushing attack. And I know everyone is pointing to the Baylor game where the Cats gave up 340+ yards rushing and over 500+ yards of total offense as to how this game will play out since Baylor is the closest offense to Oregon. But I just think that game was more of an outlier and the defense is much better than that one single game. Besides the Baylor game, 30 points was the most given up in arguably the best offensive conference in D1. With over a month to prepare, with the rhythm on Oregon's offense being gone because of the long break, and with all of the uncertainty with the head coaching position at Oregon, I'll take the under 74.

I dunno about this total. I agree with you Mule, about Snyder trying to control the clock and keep Oregon's offense off the field. I think that's everyone's plan. Much easier said than done. All that shit goes out the window when you blink twice and Oregon has 22 points on you already and their drives are all under 3 min....

I'll see how low this one drops. I see a ton of fireworks.

Remember also that the Baylor game was the second leg of a b2b where they played a physical TCU game in the first game. Think the TCU game may have taken its toll as TCU outscored Kan St in the 2H and the effect carried over.

You can't underestimate the importance of Ty Zimmerman being back tonight. He's the QB of K-State's defense and has been sitting since (before?) the Baylor game.

Biggest concern as a KSU fan is Oregon gashing the shit out of us with the run. Zimmerman out against Baylor killed us b/c when teams spread us out it is up to our safety to come up and make tackles....Zimm's backup couldnt do that. If we can keep them in the 30's or lower we can win. Just dont know if it will happen. Spread is about right at 7.5ish.

Kelly angle has to be mentioned IMO....I mean he has like 3 interviews set up for the next few days where as Snyder is treating this as the biggest game of his life....he hasn't won a BCS bowl (though he has won Fiesta). For Oregon being in the MNC and the Rose the last 2 years this has to be a bit of a letdown.

KSU return game is excellent, def. have a chance to break something. The last 3-4 games Klein was withheld running the ball due to concussion concerns. I look for him to get back to carrying it more, hopefully 10-15 times at least.

Biggest concern as a KSU fan is Oregon gashing the shit out of us with the run. Zimmerman out against Baylor killed us b/c when teams spread us out it is up to our safety to come up and make tackles....Zimm's backup couldnt do that. If we can keep them in the 30's or lower we can win. Just dont know if it will happen. Spread is about right at 7.5ish.

Kelly angle has to be mentioned IMO....I mean he has like 3 interviews set up for the next few days where as Snyder is treating this as the biggest game of his life....he hasn't won a BCS bowl (though he has won Fiesta). For Oregon being in the MNC and the Rose the last 2 years this has to be a bit of a letdown.

KSU return game is excellent, def. have a chance to break something. The last 3-4 games Klein was withheld running the ball due to concussion concerns. I look for him to get back to carrying it more, hopefully 10-15 times at least.

Is Klein 100%, or close to it?

yes Klein is 100%. He took a couple shots in the Okie Lite game and he didnt carry very much afterwards. This is the last organized game of football in his life probably so there should be no restrictions.

For discussion thread.

Oregon-7
over Kansas State.
Oregon was favored on every game against bowlers this season and when favored by 32 or less they won SU and they covered all of them except Stanford, which they lost. In the 2 games above the 32 pt spread, they won, but failed to cover against Fresno and Arky State.

In the Ducks first 6 games this season, they had a combined 14 turnovers. They improved greatly in the last 6 games only having 4. Speaking of turnovers, Kansas State won their game against Oklahoma State because of five OS turnovers and lucked out against Oklahoma because of 3 Sooner turnovers in a 5 point win.. That Ok State game was in Kansas and the Cowboys still outgained them by rolling up 500 yards!.

In road games against bowlers, the Cats are averaging only 24 pts per game, (excluding the implosion by West Virginia). That isn't enough to keep up with the Ducks.

The Ducks bring a first year starter at QB (Mariota) hitting 70% completions, who is actually better than last year starter Damon Thomas. The Ducks also replaced LY starting RB, LaMichaerl James (1800 yds rushing), with Kenjon BARNER(1660 yds, 6.6 avg) The Ducks scored 41 last year in the Rose bowl on Wusconsin - who at that time - had held bowlers to an average of 20pts per game. This year, the Ducks only return 11 starters from that squad, but IMO they are better than the Rose Bowl team.

K State is the most over rated team this year in the bowls IMO and I think that they will be beat by more than double the spread. If they have ANY turnovers against Oregon, each one will turn into scores for the Ducks,.
This qualifies as my best play to date on the bowls -

GL to all.

Road splits may be misleading when you consider competition:

Bay, TCU, WVU, OKL, Iowa ST

Arz St, USC, Wash St, Cal, Oreg St

K St clearly played a tougher road schedule.

3rd down defense stat
Oregon ranked 14
Kst ranked 61

Gonna research oregon D injuries as I thought they had a few starters out vs. Stanford.

Road splits may be misleading when you consider competition:

Bay, TCU, WVU, OKL, Iowa ST

Arz St, USC, Wash St, Cal, Oreg St

K St clearly played a tougher road schedule.

That depends what you use for criteria as tougher road schedule. IMO, none of those teams are anywhere near as good as Oreon

The rush defenses of both sets of opponents roughly the same

Kst road pop avg rush def rank: 61.2
Ore road opp avg rush def rank: 64

No 1 team sucked dick at what they are good at when they weren't home, the other got better at it

Hit Louisville +14 and +7.5 last night playing the motivation angle

Gonna do the same with Kansas St today, getting 8.5 and ML action

I know Oregon has a system but they also have to be a little out of their minds with all the Chip Kelly talk. Maybe his playcalling takes a hit tonight as well. Just see Snyder having his team far better prepared and calling a much better game. Kansas St 37 Oregon 30

GL, I couldn't possibly take an Oregon TT under without cringing on every single play.

That road schedule argument isn't clear cut. I would lean Oregon's. Klien isn't much better than Lynch of NIU. And had he ever faced a top notch defense he would have been embarrassed too.

Agreed but Kansas State's offense will have plenty of sustainable drives themselves. Combine that with a good enough defense to produce punts and I think we have an Oregon team total that goes under by at least 10pts. I see Oregon opinion the mid 20's to low 30's. 42 points is an overblown total.

Hit Louisville +14 and +7.5 last night playing the motivation angle

Gonna do the same with Kansas St today, getting 8.5 and ML action

I know Oregon has a system but they also have to be a little out of their minds with all the Chip Kelly talk. Maybe his playcalling takes a hit tonight as well. Just see Snyder having his team far better prepared and calling a much better game. Kansas St 37 Oregon 30

Cant imagine how K St could roll up 37 points when they couldnt roll up more than 24 against bowlers on the road and who all are far less competitive than the Ducks? GL

yes Klein is 100%. He took a couple shots in the Okie Lite game and he didnt carry very much afterwards. This is the last organized game of football in his life probably so there should be no restrictions.

Glad to hear it. Don't even want to hear this guys name ever again. He was on track to be the least talented Heisman of all time.

I'm honestly thinking of taking two units on the Ducks -7 tonight, and one (played already on KSt at +300). Either Oregon blows them out of the water or they lose the game outright. I don't see a win/no cover happening.

Surprised at some of you guys dissing Klien. That Okie St game last year ranks up there with Leftwich's beating of ECU in their bowl game as one of the best performances by a college QB that I ever saw.

Didn't read the thread yet but this will be as close to a home game for any bowl team this year. Purple exponentially outnumbers green here

Back