• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Opening Night NBA Plays/Analysis

Inspekdah

My man, Brock Purdy!
Opening Night & NBA Wed. Plays

Alright... back at it again. Had a good run in the playoffs... winning roughly 65% of sides and losing a handful of small total plays. Capped it off with a big play on the Celts getting almost 2:1. How rediculous of a line was that?

New season upon us... and I'm ready for it.

Some nights I may have big writeups, and others I'll tend to do what I do more in CFB... look for hot trending quarter lines, and value second half bets. Remember, there is no substitute for watching the games and paying attention to game plans and agendas. The NBA is the worst league to expect what you think "should" happen. With that being said... I hope to really play out my quarter system this year and fine tune it... and try to figure out how I'm going to bet live/half time lines on a consistent basis.

Opening Night Thoughts:

I believe there is little to no value on either side in the Celtics game. I guess you can hope the Celts are too happy with getting their rings and they simply give up? And hope that because Lebron is "mad" he was outplayed by Pierce... he simply wants to win?

The Celts don't seem to me like a team that will want to get their rings and then lose. I want to see how their 2nd unit does in a non pre-season game as well.

Would lean under perhaps?

With the Bulls/Bucks... the only logical play IMO is the Bulls. The Bulls really dominated the Bucks starters a week ago... I mean dominated them... almost a complete double up. They shortly gave it all away before what? Putting the pedal down and rallying late... to force OT and win by 8. This tells me that the Bulls can jock around with this Bucks team at will. The Bucks should improve this season... but they have little to no advantages in this game. Both Ridnour and Sessions can't guard anyone and Bulls have the athletic bigs to both limit Bogut, and close out on Charlie V. 6 is a small # to lay for the better team at home which really got rolling late. Hughes' injury was a blessing for Hinrich... I think he'll make the most of it.

Be back tomorrow with more thoughts... but I also think the Lakers here are the only side worth considering... Blazers have a talented team.. but often start seasons slow under McMillan. Lakers might try to come out and makea statement? This team at home should beat the Blazers every night by double digits. I'll take a gamble that Oden struggles more than Bynum and the Lakers cover.

As of right now... no plays... will watch some movements and chime in tomorrow.

GL this season to all.

:cheers:

================
Tuesday

Bulls 1Q -2 -115 5.75 Units to Win 5.0 Units
Bulls-1/Lakers -2 6 Units to Win 5 Units

Celtics -5 -115 2H 8.63 Units to Win 7.5 Units

Wed.

-Knicks/Heat OVER 206 8.25 Units to Win 7.50 Units
.....................OVER 207 2.75 Units to Win 2.50 Units
[11 to Win 10 Total, Max Play]

-New Orleans Hornets -4 -120 12 Units to Win 10 Units

Last edited:
Bucks usually play us tough but im marking down Rose for a triple double already. :popcorn:

Right now looking hard at Bulls 1Q and game... again, they dominated them 1Q in the pre-season with the starters vs. starters for much of the 1st quarter. Ridnour is just too small to stop any of the Bulls penetration. No one on the Bulls is a big fan of Skiles and will want to lay it on him like they did a week ago.

Bulls covered -2 in both of their home games vs. Milw last year.

I just think Skiles defensive system will take time and some new personnel to get going and the Bulls late in the pre-season really turned things around big time...

Cleveland has become a public underdog, see the Colts last night on the road. Can't play that side out of sheer fear of being with the public on anything getting points. This line goes under 6 to 5.5, I'm on it. The fade the champs thing has not worked in a couple of years. I'm not as big on Mo Williams as others.. guy can't guard anyone and turns the ball over alot. He'll become a spot up shooter on that offense and I thought they already had like 6 of those.

Bulls 1Q -2 -115 5.75 to Win 5.00 Units

See above.

Waiting on under 6 in Boston and want my book to show me another 6 on the Bulls.

Last edited:
Adding for tomorrow (just keep it in here for now till tomorrow)

Heat/Knicks OVER 206 8.25 Units to Win 7.5 Units
...................OVER 207 2.75 Units to Win 2.5 Units

11 to Win 10 Total (Max Bet)

The Knicks will push this pace. D'Antoni doesn't care if he wins or takes a loss as long as they are pushing his system. Defense to him so far this season has been to be aggressive and bait the other teams into running. Wade should make a living at the line and score without using any clock. Heat don't have big men capable of holding down Lee or Randolph. Beasley's defense has been so bad he might get sent to the bench

More Wed..

Hornets -4 -120 12 Units to Win 10 Units

This line is way off and that's b/c at this point all we can do really is give the home court advantage and adjust slightly from there. Whose going to run point for GS? Williams has been a bust so far in NJ and so far this camp in GS. Hornets are the best team in the NBA to begin this season IMO... (I'll get more into that later) so this line is soft. I expect 6 around game time.

Last edited:
Last one for now... hate laying 6 and a hook with the Bulls.

Don't think there's any way the Lakers lose tonight.

Bulls -1/Lakers -2 6 Units to Win 5 Units

kirk is fine. so happy he is done playing pg and in a role he should have had since day 1.

GL today inspek

didn't see how you ended off but I hope you did alright on the preseason.

As for the Bulls, I don't know if I will be able to bet money on this team this year...they seem too unstable to me, anyway GL hope you win it.

GL today inspek

didn't see how you ended off but I hope you did alright on the preseason.

As for the Bulls, I don't know if I will be able to bet money on this team this year...they seem too unstable to me, anyway GL hope you win it.

Finished the pre-season very strong, hitting big plays on the last couple of days... pretty much there were a couple "gimmies" out there. Only lost a couple small teasers down the stretch.

Bulls, may be unstable... but I think this team matches up well against the Bucks tonight. Skiles Bulls' team always came out the gates very, very slow. Probably because while most team's offense is behind their defense in terms of game shape... Skiles preaches so much defense that the offense is well behind.

do work spek

also played bulls 1Q and will probably tail you/BAR on that over.

GL this season :cheers:

Damnit. Anyone watch that? Missed wide open 3's and a bullshit offensive put back by... Tyron Lue fading away...

Also missed a few free throws...

Ah the risk of a 1Q

Celtics -5 -115 2H 8.63 Units to Win 7.5 Units

Much better than the game line... think they came out sluggish. Gut bet that they win this game by a couple.

Finished the pre-season very strong, hitting big plays on the last couple of days... pretty much there were a couple "gimmies" out there. Only lost a couple small teasers down the stretch.

Bulls, may be unstable... but I think this team matches up well against the Bucks tonight. Skiles Bulls' team always came out the gates very, very slow. Probably because while most team's offense is behind their defense in terms of game shape... Skiles preaches so much defense that the offense is well behind.

good to hear bro, any play on the blazers/lakers game? Im leaning towards the blazers

I like the Lakers to win SU... know it's a little late OSO.. but that's why I teased them and Chi-town down.

Both those plays tomorrow Renew look great. I think they both win and at worst, split. I might add more equally to both.

Stupid 2nd half play there...

Had to break max bet ... and hit Knicks over again.

11 to Win 10 Over 208 (20 total!)

Back