Ole Piss Violations

I don't sense much fear at all actually. I will be very surprised if the sanctions are dramatically different than the self imposed sanctions.

Lot of fear in Oxford and for good reason. Followed Treadwell recruitment for years. Insiders all stated plenty of shenanigans went on that Michigan couldn't even compete with in his recruitment.

in their defense, your excuse of not being able to compete illegally is always the defense for the school(s) who didn't get the big recruit. that being said - it is prolly true. why did I post?

Completely agree. Both the NCAA and the IRS operate largely to justify their existence. After spending 3 years and God knows how much money in Oxford, the NCAA wasn't going to leave without something. The reality is that what they found doesn't support the narrative. I doubt that anyone wants to read 52 pages of bullshit over Memorial Day weekend, but the NOA covers about $17,000 in impermissible benefits, 90% of which are related to gas money, meals, and lodging. Roughly $1500 of that amount was related to 1 of the Big 3, and it was not a pay for play situation.

now that's factually incorrect. they were there that long because they were finding things. c'mon, now. could it have taken less time? absolutely. But they were finding things. and we all know they didn't find everything ... just llke at every school they go to.

Lot of fear in Oxford and for good reason. Followed Treadwell recruitment for years. Insiders all stated plenty of shenanigans went on that Michigan couldn't even compete with in his recruitment.

Pelini all but said Stringfellow was bought. He had done all his paperwork and was in Lincoln.

now that's factually incorrect. they were there that long because they were finding things. c'mon, now. could it have taken less time? absolutely. But they were finding things. and we all know they didn't find everything ... just llke at every school they go to.

Did you read the NOA? Unless and until you read it, we can't have a rational conversation about it. As I said from the moment the news came out, the NOA does not support the idea that Ole Miss bought players. This is the type of shit Ole Miss is being punished for: http://djournal.com/sports/memphis-booster-tells-side-story/?platform=hootsuite

I didn't think so at first, but I think Ole Miss gets a significant punishment here.

They might. But I bet they take it and smile. They are super relevant right now in a conference that gets a ton of light....and in the division that gets more.....

Grove has the pulse of Ox more than me and more than anyone here i wager

i always thought they bought that team....no disrespect, no malice. And I could be wrong like an OJ juror.

Completely agree. Both the NCAA and the IRS operate largely to justify their existence. After spending 3 years and God knows how much money in Oxford, the NCAA wasn't going to leave without something. The reality is that what they found doesn't support the narrative. I doubt that anyone wants to read 52 pages of bullshit over Memorial Day weekend, but the NOA covers about $17,000 in impermissible benefits, 90% of which are related to gas money, meals, and lodging. Roughly $1500 of that amount was related to 1 of the Big 3, and it was not a pay for play situation.

whooptie freakin doo.

i will say that your coach never shoulda gotten on the twitter and asked for this shit. and some of my ole miss buddies crying for years about unjust investigations and what not--we all knew what was going on in oxford, and what goes on in most of the big programs in the country, just embrace it and move on, this shit doesn't bother me whatsoever.

Did you read the NOA? Unless and until you read it, we can't have a rational conversation about it. As I said from the moment the news came out, the NOA does not support the idea that Ole Miss bought players. This is the type of shit Ole Miss is being punished for: http://djournal.com/sports/memphis-booster-tells-side-story/?platform=hootsuite

wait--you don't actually believe that everything has come out, do you? i mean, the tunsil texts aren't even covered in the NOA, and in any wide ranging investigation, they're gonna grab the lowest hanging fruit and easy to prove shit, they clearly didn't find every single thing, just the stuff they got folks to admit to and what not.

Whether anyone thinks what they are accused of doing is not that bad, or everyone else does it, or whatever, is immaterial to what the punishment could potentially be. They are charged with 8 level one infractions. Here is the minimum punishment for a single level one violation:

1. 1 to 2 year postseason ban
2. $5,000 plus 1 to 3% of school’s budget as a financial penalty (1% of 80 million is 800k, fyi)
3. 12.5% to 25% in scholarship reductions
4. 2 to 5 year show cause for “All or partial coaching and recruiting duties (including game suspensions)”
5. Head Coach Restriction (game suspension via show cause) to the effect of 30 to 50% of season
6. 12.5% to 25% recruiting visit reduction (and other recruiting limitations)
7. 2 to 6 years in probation

I imagine if they sent a NOA with 8 level ones, they feel pretty confident that they can prove them. What the punishment will ultimately be will be determined by how the NCAA feels that day, any pro-active discipline by Ole Miss, and how much else is out there. As noted, this NOA did not include the Tunsil draft night stuff, and it also did not include the Bo Scarbrough suspension. Bo served a 4 game suspension last season for improper benefits as a recruit, and most assume it was from an Ole Miss booster. I would think they have to investigate and likely punish the offender here (assuming it was somebody other than Alabama which all accounts say it is) because that sets a pretty dangerous precedent where boosters can cause suspensions for rival teams with no repercussions on their teams. Freeze saying today that they made mistakes and didn't knowingly cheat isn't going to help either. NCAA coaches are required to take tests on the rules so they can't claim ignorance. Maybe they got someone to take those tests for the coaches too?

Whether anyone thinks what they are accused of doing is not that bad, or everyone else does it, or whatever, is immaterial to what the punishment could potentially be. They are charged with 8 level one infractions. Here is the minimum punishment for a single level one violation:

2. $5,000 plus 1 to 3% of school’s budget as a financial penalty (1% of 80 million is 800k, fyi)
4. 2 to 5 year show cause for “All or partial coaching and recruiting duties (including game suspensions)”
5. Head Coach Restriction (game suspension via show cause) to the effect of 30 to 50% of season

I imagine if they sent a NOA with 8 level ones, they feel pretty confident that they can prove them. What the punishment will ultimately be will be determined by how the NCAA feels that day, any pro-active discipline by Ole Miss, and how much else is out there. As noted, this NOA did not include the Tunsil draft night stuff, and it also did not include the Bo Scarbrough suspension. Bo served a 4 game suspension last season for improper benefits as a recruit, and most assume it was from an Ole Miss booster. I would think they have to investigate and likely punish the offender here (assuming it was somebody other than Alabama which all accounts say it is) because that sets a pretty dangerous precedent where boosters can cause suspensions for rival teams with no repercussions on their teams. Freeze saying today that they made mistakes and didn't knowingly cheat isn't going to help either. NCAA coaches are required to take tests on the rules so they can't claim ignorance. Maybe they got someone to take those tests for the coaches too?

burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Miss State fans have been high and might over Ole Miss and these allegations and the Tunstill shit

Miss State suspend a player that beat a girl on video for one game

football, y'all :thumbsup:

Glass houses much?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/new_details_regarding_potentia.html

A few differences between the two cases. And I've never said that Alabama is squeaky clean. Far from it. And I don't care. But the reaction of AU folks in 2010 and Ole Miss folks since 2013 has been hilarious. Must be hard to see so far up on the moral high horse. And what my post was about was not whether there are more allegations or whatever, it's that based on what has been alleged, there can be pretty harsh penalties which was my original thought in this thread to begin with. I don't care if Ole Miss is buying players. It's mildly annoying that we lost to them two years in a row, but we've been to Atlanta and beyond in both season. So keep on keeping on IMO

Miss State fans have been high and might over Ole Miss and these allegations and the Tunstill shit

Miss State suspend a player that beat a girl on video for one game

football, y'all :thumbsup:

Here's something I'm guessing gps and I probably agree on: I think Simmons had all the leverage. Bama and Ole Miss felt great about him until about 2 hours before he signed.

Here's something I'm guessing gps and I probably agree on: I think Simmons had all the leverage. Bama and Ole Miss felt great about him until about 2 hours before he signed.

Pretty sure Simmons is the recruit that cost Davis his job in the story linked earlier

Last edited:
wait--you don't actually believe that everything has come out, do you? i mean, the tunsil texts aren't even covered in the NOA, and in any wide ranging investigation, they're gonna grab the lowest hanging fruit and easy to prove shit, they clearly didn't find every single thing, just the stuff they got folks to admit to and what not.

........ , ............ ,..........

The ball is the action of one asshole...one tremendous fucking asshole

The song has been the dudes song all year so I don't expect him to change it for that game

These are exactly the kind of things the NCAA can knock out of the park as long as Ole Piss and the NCAA don't somehow, someway do some back door hand shaking. And "knock out of the park" doesn't mean death penalty or anything like that. Just means they got them and can penalize them accordingly.

I wonder what Ole Piss fans would have been doing had Messy St landed those three #1's in the spring of 2013? Wonder what "the narrative" would have been then, Mr Freeze?

These are exactly the kind of things the NCAA can knock out of the park as long as Ole Piss and the NCAA don't somehow, someway do some back door hand shaking. And "knock out of the park" doesn't mean death penalty or anything like that. Just means they got them and can penalize them accordingly.

I wonder what Ole Piss fans would have been doing had Messy St landed those three #1's in the spring of 2013? Wonder what "the narrative" would have been

Thamel basically condensed the NOA in to a more digestable format. There was literally nothing new in that article. I have no idea what your last paragraph means, but assuming that Ole Miss is healthy, lay the points in the Egg Bowl this year. Freeze is going to take out some frustration.

I wonder what Ole Piss fans would have been doing had Messy St landed those three #1's in the spring of 2013? Wonder what "the narrative" would have been

Thamel basically condensed the NOA in to a more digestable format. There was literally nothing new in that article. I have no idea what your last paragraph means, but assuming that Ole Miss is healthy, lay the points in the Egg Bowl this year. Freeze is going to take out some frustration.

You aren't very good at comprehending what you read. No where did I say anything about the article bringing up new allegations so I'm not sure why that's what you took out of my first paragraph?

And you know damn well what the 2ns paragraph means. I won't be translating it for you.

BOL,
CG

Rumors that Ole Miss received another NOA this week. 8 boosters disassociated and 8 level 1 infractions, all from football. This have legs grove? Or just message board gossip? I'm legit asking, because I generally don't believe anything I read on message boards

Rumors that Ole Miss received another NOA this week. 8 boosters disassociated and 8 level 1 infractions, all from football. This have legs grove? Or just message board gossip? I'm legit asking, because I generally don't believe anything I read on message boards

Interesting thing to say while asking a question on a message board

I saw the same, but I'm guessing that it originated from the fevered dreams of State's message board warriors. I will say that some of State's guys had pretty good info early in the NCAA investigation, but I suspect that Tunsil's stepdad and his lawyer had something to do with that. After talking for months, those sources aren't contributing anything new at this point, and State fans have resorted to just making shit up again. Absolutely nobody with any connections to speak of believes that there is or will be a 2nd letter, but after Draft night, nothing would shock me.

Back