Ole Piss Violations

It's from Houston Nutt tenure, correct?

From what I gather. To the extent that Freeze's staff is involved I've heard that there may be some secondary violations related to players which were already enrolled. In other words no evidence of improper inducements to sign with Ole Miss. It wouldn't surprise me if there is continued fallout over the Tunsil loaner car. I should know more later, and obviously, I could be dead ass wrong.

What I want to know is what in the hell is going on in women's basketball?

What I want to know is what in the hell is going on in women's basketball?

Some serious shit apparently...like academic fraud serious. The AD fired the coach before he ever coached a game, but you're going to have to pay the piper when shit like that is happening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;There are some allegations that are tied to the Freeze tenure&quot;<br><br>- <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooForde">@YahooForde</a> on Ole Miss with <a href="https://twitter.com/CubeShow">@cubeshow</a></p>&mdash; Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) <a href="https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/694536380395954176">February 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is this just the tunsil shit?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Alabama filed a pretty serious complaint to the SEC office. No idea if it's on the NCAA's radar or not, but wouldn't surprise me

I assume you're talking about Scarborough. I think there my be secondary violations associated with his recruitment, but I doubt the staff is implicated.

I assume you're talking about Scarborough. I think there my be secondary violations associated with his recruitment, but I doubt the staff is implicated.

I'm sure there's no staff involvement (anywhere) in anything other than "they should have known." Coaches aren't stupid. They need plausible deniability for all the stuff that goes on. If any actual staff members get implicated, they will be low level and will fall on the sword.

And yeah, I'm referring to Bo. There are no innocents in college football, and especially the SEC, but when you have your players being suspended because of actions from a different school, you're going to be more than just irritated. From what I've been told for years, there's kind of an unwritten code between programs of what is acceptable and what is not. It's when those limits are pushed that you start seeing the conferences or ncaa get involved. Ole Miss got warned in 2013 by Slive. This is likely another warning that will result in little as far as on the field problems, if any. Maybe a couple of scholarships lost, fewer official visits, etc

I'm sure there's no staff involvement (anywhere) in anything other than "they should have known." Coaches aren't stupid. They need plausible deniability for all the stuff that goes on. If any actual staff members get implicated, they will be low level and will fall on the sword.

And yeah, I'm referring to Bo. There are no innocents in college football, and especially the SEC, but when you have your players being suspended because of actions from a different school, you're going to be more than just irritated. From what I've been told for years, there's kind of an unwritten code between programs of what is acceptable and what is not. It's when those limits are pushed that you start seeing the conferences or ncaa get involved. Ole Miss got warned in 2013 by Slive. This is likely another warning that will result in little as far as on the field problems, if any. Maybe a couple of scholarships lost, fewer official visits, etc

That's exactly what I think is coming.

<section class="articleHeader" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 1em 0px; padding: 0px;">[h=1]AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations[/h]By DAVID BRANDT

Feb. 9, 2016 7:38 PM EST

</section><section class="article_toolbar sticky scroll-to-fixed-fixed" id="sticky-article-toolbar" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 2em; padding: 10px 5px 10px 10px; font-size: 0.9em; text-transform: uppercase; height: 40px; width: 905px; max-width: none; left: 95px; z-index: 1000; position: fixed; top: 0px; background: rgb(240, 239, 239);">0http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2a10...rce-ole-miss-football-cited-13-28-violations#

</section>
<center style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</center>

<block style="box-sizing: border-box;"></block>
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
The person said Tuesday that 13 allegations involve the football program, and nine of those occurred during current coach Hugh Freeze's tenure. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
The violations are a mix of Level I — which the NCAA considers most serious — and Level II and III. Many have already been self-reported by the school.

The school's women's basketball and track and field programs are also involved in the investigation.

Ole Miss has been under investigation since 2012 when women's basketball coach Adrian Wiggins and two assistants were fired after a school investigation found academic and recruiting misconduct. Two players were ruled ineligible and the school self-imposed a one-year postseason ban.
Ole Miss has 90 days to respond to the Notice of Allegations. School officials and legal counsel have not released the notice because they believe the documents should remain confidential while the investigation continues.
Some of the NCAA issues involving the football program are already known.
Left tackle Laremy Tunsil was suspended seven games during the past season after the NCAA ruled he received several improper benefits, including the use of three loaner cars over a six-month period.
A separate NCAA probe from last year involving Louisiana-Lafayette — and former football assistant David Saunders — also involved Ole Miss. Saunders worked at Ole Miss in 2010 under Nutt. Freeze became the Ole Miss head coach in December 2011.
Documents from the Louisiana-Lafayette case stated that Ole Miss legal counsel and NCAA enforcement staff interviewed Saunders in 2013.
Saunders was given an eight-year show-cause in the Louisiana-Lafayette case after the NCAA ruled he made an effort to arrange fraudulent college entrance exam scores for recruits.
Louisiana-Lafayette did not receive a postseason ban in its case, but was put on probation for two years and lost 11 scholarships over three seasons.
Ole Miss has already released some self-reported football violations over the past year, including that a "representative of athletics interests" provided transportation for potential recruits on six different occasions from 2011 to '14.
There was also a self-report where an assistant coach — whose name was redacted from documents — made improper contact with a recruit at a high school.
_____

9 of them occurred under Freeze per the AP story

Not sure what Ole Miss had to gain by saying "nothing to see here" immediately before signing day. That ought to please the NCAA. The two previous sentences are invalid if the AP story is untrue

9 of them occurred under Freeze per the AP story

Not sure what Ole Miss had to gain by saying "nothing to see here" immediately before signing day. That ought to please the NCAA. The two previous sentences are invalid if the AP story is untrue

Once again:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...all-program-cited-13-28-rules-violations-ncaa

"Of the 13 violations involving football, four involve the current staff and were self-reported by Ole Miss, which also took steps to self-impose penalties in some cases, sources told ESPN.com. Those four violations are a violation of the "bump rule," which says coaches can't have contact with a recruit during a designated non-contact evaluation period; an improper recruiting video made outside the locker room; a person the NCAA considers a booster illegally transporting a recruit to campus; and a stepfather of a recruit having his lodging paid for during an official visit. That last rule has since been changed by the NCAA."

I think that those hoping that this validates the "OLE MI$$" narrative are going to be disappointed.

<header> These are the violations Ole Miss football self-reported to the NCAA

By Tom Fornelli | Staff Writer

<time class="storyDate" pubdate="" datetime="2016-03-07T15:55:23Z">March 7, 2016 10:55 am ET</time>

</header> In February, Ole Miss was hit with a Notice of Allegations by the NCAA for a number of violations, 13 of which involved football program, nine of those occurring under Hugh Freeze. Well, we now know what the violations were, and let me tell you, this is a nice reminder of how dumb NCAA rules can be.
The Clarion Ledger got its ink-stained hands on some of the self-reported violations, and one of the bigger violations involves the use of a loaner car from a dealership. An unnamed player received a loaner car from a dealership while his car, a 2012 Chevy Malibu, was being repaired after it was vandalized. This is not an NCAA violation. Car dealerships routinely give out loaner cars while repairing vehicles.
The violation stems from the fact that, three months later -- when the player tried to return the loaner car -- he couldn't.
“After the repairs were made, [name redacted] attempted to return the loaner vehicle to the dealership but claims he was informed by the dealership that a loaner car return could only be made by the individual who had arranged the loaner; here, [name redacted],” read the report, via the Clarion-Ledger. “On or about July 7th, [name redacted] paid the local dealership for the repairs and [name redacted's] car was subsequently returned to him for use. After speaking to the dealership post-payment, [name redacted] was under the belief that the dealership would be picking up the loaner vehicle from [name redacted's] apartment. That did not occur. [Name redacted] subsequently remained in possession of the Impala until August 10th.”
The name of the player is redacted, but the report also states the player in question was suspended, though it doesn't say how many games. Well, offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil -- the likely top pick in this spring's NFL Draft -- missed seven games for Ole Miss this season due to his use of three loaner vehicles over a six month period.
Now, if the horror of that loaner car ordeal hasn't made you run away terrified yet, just wait until you see the other atrocities committed by Ole Miss.
• Ole Miss coaches pocket-dialed recruits on three separate occasions.
• A football player who was "essentially homeless" after being evicted from his apartment lived with a teammate's girlfriend for 18 days rent-free. But don't worry, the player was forced to pay the girlfriend $270 to atone for his heinous crimes against humanity.
• A recruit who planned to enroll early put the wrong ACT score on his official paperwork after he took the ACT multiple times. The score he entered was two points shy of eligibility, and the Ole Miss staff did not catch the error before sending it to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
• A company called Timeless Generation posted photos to social media that included an Ole Miss football player. The player was not paid, and it was not mentioned that he played for Ole Miss. The company was owned by the player's brother and two friends.
• A football player's father ate a meal at an alumni association dinner without paying the $50 cost of the meal. The football player was forced to donate $50 to charity in hopes that the world would forgive him.
• While on a visit to Ole Miss, a recruit took a picture with a former Ole Miss player and had "limited, unplanned" contact with that player. Disgusting.
So what do you think? Should Ole Miss disband its football program after committing all these abominable transgressions?
Of course, these are just the violations the school self-reported to the NCAA, the ones that were released via an open records request from the paper. Perhaps the violations the NCAA found itself will be more serious. They'd almost have to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...s-ole-miss-football-self-reported-to-the-ncaa

Well of course that is what they reported, lol.

Those scumbags. You would think all they need is to get a kid on campus and see the women... ;)

Well of course that is what they reported, lol.

Those scumbags. You would think all they need is to get a kid on campus and see the women... ;)

True. This is either the token reporting to look as though the compliance department is doing something, or the NCAA is being it's usual tight ass self

no weed is good enough to make a kid admit he took money from his coaches live, in front of the national media.

this is fucking bonkers.

no weed is good enough to make a kid admit he took money from his coaches live, in front of the national media.

this is fucking bonkers.

During the draft process, especially for a kid with off the field questions, I'm sure they are told to come clean about everything as it is way better than lying about it and getting caught. I'm sure most NFL teams would not be put off by a badass like Tunsil saying that he smoked weed, or accepted some payments or whatever short of a violent crime. But he didn't think to turn it off when speaking to the media

Nothing new from what I'm told. That instagram exchange was about the opportunity fund, which every school has, and the NCAA was aware of it. What's interesting to me is that someone is very committed to making Tunsil, along with Ole Miss, look bad. I think it's fairly obvious who that person is, and I hope that the allegations of blackmail are thoroughly investigated.

Edited to add: For those who are unaware:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...laremy-tunsil-being-sued-stepfather/83589304/

Surely, just a coincidence.

There's a rumor that Tunsil fired some of his "advisor" team right before the draft, so it could be one of them as well

There's a rumor that Tunsil fired some of his "advisor" team right before the draft, so it could be one of them as well

I've heard that one as well, but it wouldn't explain the instagram screenshots. Those were swipes at Ole Miss. They were sent after Tunsil was drafted and didn't harm him in any material way. I would also note that the stepfather's attorney is a Mississippi State grad. Occam's razor and all.

Big summer for Ole Miss; hopefully for them, they and their players stay out of the news completely. Sure Freeze has driven this point home as well.

Whomever posted that picture of Tunsil before the draft is pure scum. As a Dolphin fan, drafting Tunsil excites me because of the value, but am I wrong to be concerned with all the gold chains he was wearing draft night? Seemed unnecessary and a bit over the top. Oh well, time will certainly tell.

Big summer for Ole Miss; hopefully for them, they and their players stay out of the news completely. Sure Freeze has driven this point home as well.

Whomever posted that picture of Tunsil before the draft is pure scum. As a Dolphin fan, drafting Tunsil excites me because of the value, but am I wrong to be concerned with all the gold chains he was wearing draft night? Seemed unnecessary and a bit over the top. Oh well, time will certainly tell.

Where was Incognito?

Tannehill and all Dolfans say, "thank you" to Ole Piss and x-financial advisors.

One of the few smart decisions the Fins front office have made in decades.

I celebrated by getting a "hoddy toddy" koozie from the OK Bicycle Shop this past weekend.

Back