Okay are the Patriots classless.............

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
LJA summed it up nicely.

Sorry, I gotta call bullshit. The idea that the Skins pulled their starters long before Brady came out is flat out wrong. Here are the Skins starters in the NFL Gamebook:

Daniels, Griffin, Montgomery, Carter, Prioleau, Fletcher, McIntosh, Springs, Rogers (who went down early and was substituted for by Macklin), Landry, Taylor

Here are the tacklers on the last Brady drive, which started in the 3rd quarter (starters in bold):

Golston, Evans, Blades, Landry, Campbell, Fletcher, Taylor, Springs, Macklin, Landry, Torrence, Washington, Landry, Prioleau, Macklin, Taylor

Furthermore, on the highlights on NFL.com I saw at least Daniels, Griffin and Carter playing on the D-Line.

Later in the 4th, after the Pats had brought in their subs on offense (and scored again), the Skins were still playing all their starters on offense. And after they finally did score, what do they do? Onside Kick!

And for the record, Gibbs DID shake Belicheck's hand after the game, and also stated at his press conference that he had no problem with the way the Pats played. As well he should. This is the NFL, not pee-wees where every team gets a trophy, every player has to play, and you do a running clock when one team gets up by 4 scores.

This is like laughing at your opponent when you win a big pot from him in a poker game. It is classless and even though the other guy is a man and should be able to take a little verbal abuse after losing a hand .... you shouldn't openly laugh at him unless you are ready to swing back after he attacks you. The posts declaring that this is the nfl and these guys are paid to stop them ... etc etc is total bullshit. I have been watching nfl football since the late seventies ... and in those thirty years ,,,,,, teams consistently FAILED to run up scores. They slow down .. for thirty years i have not seen this type of behavior occur in blow outs and yet still it gets defended.

To further prove the point of the patriot blinders .... you patriot fans and defenders that have posted here .,.... I assume you readily admit that Brady fumbled the ball vs the raiders in the infamous tuck rule game and that the ensuing super bowl victory that year was a big fat load of shit.

Here is another poker analogy for you ...... say i were to get caught with an ace up my sleeve..... is it a defense to say that i suspect that four of the other nine players at the table also have an ace up their sleeve ?? If guy A rapes a woman is it ok for guy B to do it ?? It fails the laugh test as an excuse. They cheated and got caught, the game should have been forfeit.

To further prove the point of the patriot blinders .... you patriot fans and defenders that have posted here .,.... I assume you readily admit that Brady fumbled the ball vs the raiders in the infamous tuck rule game and that the ensuing super bowl victory that year was a big fat load of shit.

:(

This is like laughing at your opponent when you win a big pot from him in a poker game. It is classless and even though the other guy is a man and should be able to take a little verbal abuse after losing a hand .... you shouldn't openly laugh at him unless you are ready to swing back after he attacks you. The posts declaring that this is the nfl and these guys are paid to stop them ... etc etc is total bullshit. I have been watching nfl football since the late seventies ... and in those thirty years ,,,,,, teams consistently FAILED to run up scores. They slow down .. for thirty years i have not seen this type of behavior occur in blow outs and yet still it gets defended.

You're absolutely correct. Bellichick had never done this until he got cought cheating. Plain and simple. He is rubbing it in and it IS classless.

I stole this explanation of a Steelers forum (of all places), written by a Steelers fan (of all people), I think it sums it up pretty well:

"Teams don't run it out of some sense of good manners and sympathy...they run it to control the clock, avoid turnovers and protect their lead. If the Patriots believe passing is the best way to protect their lead, so be it. The other team is free to prove them wrong..."

i didnt read this whole thread but its comforting to know if you bet the patriots, you will get a full effort until the last second of the game

Sorry, I gotta call bullshit. The idea that the Skins pulled their starters long before Brady came out is flat out wrong. Here are the Skins starters in the NFL Gamebook:

Daniels, Griffin, Montgomery, Carter, Prioleau, Fletcher, McIntosh, Springs, Rogers (who went down early and was substituted for by Macklin), Landry, Taylor

Here are the tacklers on the last Brady drive, which started in the 3rd quarter (starters in bold):

Golston, Evans, Blades, Landry, Campbell, Fletcher, Taylor, Springs, Macklin, Landry, Torrence, Washington, Landry, Prioleau, Macklin, Taylor

Furthermore, on the highlights on NFL.com I saw at least Daniels, Griffin and Carter playing on the D-Line.

Later in the 4th, after the Pats had brought in their subs on offense (and scored again), the Skins were still playing all their starters on offense. And after they finally did score, what do they do? Onside Kick!

And for the record, Gibbs DID shake Belicheck's hand after the game, and also stated at his press conference that he had no problem with the way the Pats played. As well he should. This is the NFL, not pee-wees where every team gets a trophy, every player has to play, and you do a running clock when one team gets up by 4 scores.

:cheers: Well said

Back