Okay are the Patriots classless.............

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
Maybe there is good to come from these blowouts; Cowboys fans and Redskins fans might finally unite in friendship ... or maybe not, haha.

On the Skins board I go to, there are countless Cowboys fans posting saying that they wished we had injured one of their players or embarassed them somehow...

I dont wish injury upon anyone, but ATL had a good point. However it wont bother me if something happens when they have their stars in there in the 4th quarter when the game is locked up and something happens to them when they are just going for more points.

I cant wait till Donovan marches his Birds into their house and beats the shit out of them...we're gonna run it up on those fuckers......

Birds: 41
Cheaters: 17

:bong:

They keep Brady in there throwing 50 yard fly patterns to Moss when theyre up 45 points and theyre asking for someone to take a cheap shot at someone...

Wheres Kimo Von Oelhoffen when you need him?

Oh, wait, thats right...isnt he on the Eagles???

Birds: 41
Cheaters: 17

I wish.

It's only going to make that f**king SB loss more painful when NE pounds us a new *sshole in a few weeks.

Maybe, though, just maybe the Football Gods smile on us that night.

After all, it will be our SB.

Oh and, not for nothing, but we live in a digital age.

I know they supposedly destroyed all the evidence of the Pats cheating, but why on earth wouldn't Belichick have burned a DVD of each and every coach he video taped and kept it for himself. What's the NFL going to do, come search his house?

It just sort of occurred to me that if this guy created a digital library, why wouldn't he still have a copy of it for himself?

Not that it's why they're kicking the s**t out of everybody they play right now, that's talent and the fact that they're all p*ssed off.

It just occurred to me is all.

just cause teams cant play them for 4 quaters, does not mean the patriots need to stop playing ... what happens when they get to the superbowl and b/c they have been "slowing down their scoring or sitting their starters" they cant stay productive the whole game and lose ... i think its smart to be fully prepared to play 60 minutes of football ... touchdown patriots!!!

:smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe:

oh yea and look at their ats record and their over record ...

Statistics

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead> </TD><TD class=datahead>W-L</TD><TD class=datahead>ATS</TD><TD class=datahead>Home</TD><TD class=datahead>Away</TD><TD class=datahead>Grass</TD><TD class=datahead>Turf</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=datahl2>ATS</TD><TD class=datacell>8-0</TD><TD class=datacell>8-0-0</TD><TD class=datacell>4-0-0</TD><TD class=datacell>4-0-0</TD><TD class=datacell>4-0-0</TD><TD class=datacell>4-0-0</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=datahead> </TD><TD class=datahead>
O/U
</TD><TD class=datahead>
Home
</TD><TD class=datahead>
Away
</TD><TD class=datahead>
Grass
</TD><TD class=datahead>
Turf
</TD><TD class=datahead>
Total
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=datahl2>O/U</TD><TD class=datacell>7-1-0</TD><TD class=datacell>4-0-0</TD><TD class=datacell>3-1-0</TD><TD class=datacell>3-1-0</TD><TD class=datacell>4-0-0</TD><TD class=datacell>57.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i sure dont mind them running up the score ... i have bet on them 6 times this year, for 6 wins ...

GO PATRIOTS!!! SCORE SCORE SCORE
:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

no one is gonna feel sorry for anyone in the NFL

and no one should. it's the pros...its the nfl. and it's the skins responsibility to stop the pats...not the pats to do the stopping for them.

it's more than this one game. maybe the pats were workign on some things at the end, being sure they were game-prepared for indy. who knows? but the pats are only resonsible for themselves.

this isn't college...

Here is the thing.... it seems the NE owner just wants to dish out MONEY. I'm sure as hell these players have a TON of incentive-based pay.... and they run up the score???

I must applaud Belicheat for rewarding his team this way... simply brilliant.

I dont wish injury upon anyone, but ATL had a good point. However it wont bother me if something happens when they have their stars in there in the 4th quarter when the game is locked up and something happens to them when they are just going for more points.

That is a possibility that Belichick is well aware of, so when it happens everyone can laugh. But until then, viewers are just going to have to watch the Patriots win... and that includes next week in Indy!

And don't let my avatar fool you, I am a Saints fan not a Patriots fan, but I watch the Patriots and Colts every chance I get because I think Belichick is the best coach and Manning is the best QB.

I think they are classless. Is it classless to keep playing the game? No, but it is classless to go for it on 4th down twice while you are up by 35.

I think every team in the NFL is taking notice, and when someone unleashes a real dirty hit on Tom Brady sometime when they are runnin' it up, I hope I don't hear any Patriots fans complaining...

The Pats have gone from being a very likable team to being a very easy team to hate. They have a malcontent in Moss, a QB who wants to be Travis Henry, a backup RB who got kicked out of the military for sexual assault, two losers at wide reciever, a steroid user in the secondary known for playing dirty, etc etc etc....

Did anyone see Brady arguing a call up 42 points? Jesus.

That's how teams develop the mentality to relax, you don't relax until its over.

I really dont have a problem with them running it up...it makes for good entertainment

But being as Im bitter and jealous at the city of Boston right now and the growing obnoxiousness of their fans, I really do hope someone takes offense to Brady still being in there throwing the ball up 40 in the fourth and dives for his knees and takes him out for the year...that would make me smile...and yes, Im a bitter, petty, jealous person...being from Philly can do that to ya....

and another thing - whats the line on the colts game? I think I like em for some reason

and no one should. it's the pros...its the nfl. and it's the skins responsibility to stop the pats...not the pats to do the stopping for them.

it's more than this one game. maybe the pats were workign on some things at the end, being sure they were game-prepared for indy. who knows? but the pats are only resonsible for themselves.

this isn't college...
perfectly put

:shake:

I really dont have a problem with them running it up...it makes for good entertainment

But being as Im bitter and jealous at the city of Boston right now and the growing obnoxiousness of their fans, I really do hope someone takes offense to Brady still being in there throwing the ball up 40 in the fourth and dives for his knees and takes him out for the year...that would make me smile...and yes, Im a bitter, petty, jealous person...being from Philly can do that to ya....

and another thing - whats the line on the colts game? I think I like em for some reason

Colts +4.5 right now @ home vs Pats

I think Belicheck is just pissed at the world for the videotaping thing, they are going to do this all season, and they don't care.

You nailed it. They are an amazing team to compete against, with or without the taping. Belicheck is going to show every team and every fan in the league that they can kick ass regardless. And the Redskins nation deserves a slap in the face for thinking they are any better than the 4-3 team that the rest of us know them to be.

You know, not to bring up the obvious, but what are the chances Belichick is 'earning' some of that $500k back that the league took from him on the side every week?

I noticed this "running up score" thing when they shoved it up Miami's ass. Miami is a team that probably some high school teams could beat right now so it was uncalled for. The point I want to make is that Belichick would have never done this, never had in the past, until HE was accused of cheating. This is nothing more than a retaliation from the GENIOUS coach and saying , "see?, I can beat you fair and square". Thats OK and I can appreciate that sentiment but the point is that he is deliberately doing this and it has nothing to do with the way its played in the NFL.

I noticed this "running up score" thing when they shoved it up Miami's ass. Miami is a team that probably some high school teams could beat right now so it was uncalled for. The point I want to make is that Belichick would have never done this, never had in the past, until HE was accused of cheating. This is nothing more than a retaliation from the GENIOUS coach and saying , "see?, I can beat you fair and square". Thats OK and I can appreciate that sentiment but the point is that he is deliberately doing this and it has nothing to do with the way its played in the NFL.

Eh, I dont buy that...hes still cheating! You really think in this digital age, that he doesnt have backups of everything he supposedly turned over to the league...you really think he actually turned everything over?? Hes just cheating more carefully now...damn cheating bastard

Redskins are a bunch of classy pussies. Any team with a pair of balls would have made certain that Tom Brady and Randy Moss were taken off the field on stretchers. I actually talked to a patriots fan recently that attempted to claim that the tuck rule was a good call. Immediate lack of respect for that person. Anyone who can make that assertion is someone worth tuning out when it comes to the subject of football. That superbowl was a cheat. Apparently they have been cheating for some time now with the sideline cameras. They are now running up the score late in games in an attempt to go down in history as the best team ever and to get tom brady td records. These guys are fucking scumbags. Someone above said they do not wish injuries on anyone. I don't want anyone to die or get paralyzed or anything ( ray lewis and pacman jones aside ) but I would actually behappy to see Brady and moss out with ACL from taking a hit to the knees 4 seconds after a play was over. It appears that is what they want to happen. Redskins need to grow some balls and punish the patriots when they do shit like this. Artificial numbers ..... Brady td passes this year should have an asterisk akin to barry bonds ( another cheater making this comparison all the better ). Too bad for peyton manning that he , his coach , and his organization have class .... otherwise maybe he could ahve thrown for 15 more td that year. Patriots can suck my salty , sweaty , vinegary balls. cheating scumbag fucks. How the hell anyone can defend this crew is a mystery to me.

Oh , they are pretty good though.

Redskins are a bunch of classy pussies. Any team with a pair of balls would have made certain that Tom Brady and Randy Moss were taken off the field on stretchers. I actually talked to a patriots fan recently that attempted to claim that the tuck rule was a good call. Immediate lack of respect for that person. Anyone who can make that assertion is someone worth tuning out when it comes to the subject of football. That superbowl was a cheat. Apparently they have been cheating for some time now with the sideline cameras. They are now running up the score late in games in an attempt to go down in history as the best team ever and to get tom brady td records. These guys are fucking scumbags. Someone above said they do not wish injuries on anyone. I don't want anyone to die or get paralyzed or anything ( ray lewis and pacman jones aside ) but I would actually behappy to see Brady and moss out with ACL from taking a hit to the knees 4 seconds after a play was over. It appears that is what they want to happen. Redskins need to grow some balls and punish the patriots when they do shit like this. Artificial numbers ..... Brady td passes this year should have an asterisk akin to barry bonds ( another cheater making this comparison all the better ). Too bad for peyton manning that he , his coach , and his organization have class .... otherwise maybe he could ahve thrown for 15 more td that year. Patriots can suck my salty , sweaty , vinegary balls. cheating scumbag fucks. How the hell anyone can defend this crew is a mystery to me.

Oh , they are pretty good though.

I think I pretty much agree with this whole sentiment...no way this woulda happened if Buddy Ryan was still around...Andre Waters woulda ripped Bradys head off and handed it to Buddy on the way off the field (oh wait, whats that? The Pats didnt beat the Birds by 50 yet? Well, Im just getting my witty anecdotes ready...)

yeah Pats are classless

Padding stats like a motha fucka.

If I was a d-linemen I would get a late hit on Brady everytime fuck it your gonna lose anyways. If they wanna keep scoring make it easier for them and keep getting 15 yd penalties

Last edited:
thinking more and more about this, id be really really careful what i did against the ravens....

buddy ryans kid....fierce defense....a group of some questionable characters....

you guys are all insane. Brady sat most of the 4th quarter the past 2 games. You are all just jealous your teams aren't as good. I think it is ridiculous to ask a team not play good football just because they have the lead. This is the NFL!!!!! these aren't high school kids who's feelings are gonna get hurt because they got beat. It is pathetic if the only way your team can stop the patriots is if you ask them nicely to stop scoring. If you don't want to get embarrassed then step up and play tough football. And give me a break with cheating thing; that got blown way out of proportion and clearly it doesn't mean anything in case you missed the past 7 games. As for peyton manning and the colts??? they won by 31 in week 1, they've won by 22 and 24 the past 2 weeks. You don't think they would have kept trying to score if they could have?? Peyton has played practically the whole game in all of these games. How much do you have to be up by before you have to say your sorry to the other team and stop scoring??? was being up 24 in the 4th quarter in the colts last game not enough?? You guys sound like my mother crying for the underdog to win. this is the NFL, get real.

thinking more and more about this, id be really really careful what i did against the ravens....

buddy ryans kid....fierce defense....a group of some questionable characters....

I know the Raider can slow down their passing game but It wont matter because the Pats would just keep running the ball ...

no way this woulda happened if Buddy Ryan was still around

This was the first thing I thought of when I read Vegas' post.

I absolutely guarantee you someone would have been carted off the field for the Pats under Buddy. I'd put my f**king bankroll on it.

Those teams didn't play around and if you wanted to keep your starters in the game, well, then that was just your choice and Buddy's response would have been to make sure someone's season ended.

Unfortunately if they do run it up on the Eagles this year there's a slim chance something like that would happen. Which isn't me wishing injury on anybody, but just to say that if you want to rub our noses in some s**t, I'm fine with a 15 yard penalty, a game misconduct and a fine for someone standing up for the team.

I think Smoke's right. They should absolutely kill the Ravens, and there are a couple of guys on that defense I'm not sure I'd want to let tee off--not to mention how pissed off Ray Lewis is already about the Adailus Thomas thing.

But if it fell to the Birds I think we all know who'd do it if it had to be done.

I just hope he's healthy by the game.

Because Andy might not call that safety blitz from the blind side, but Jim Johnson isn't Andy Reid.

attachment.php

Would like to chime in on this topic with my .02...

Yes it is true that if your defense cannot stop the other team's offense, then it is your problem but with 10 minutes left and you're throwing deep passes and going for it on 4th down, then you are a complete ass. The one thing that I was so disappointed with the Redskins yesterday was they had no pride yesterday. If it was my Raiders getting whipped that bad, you would have seen so many fights all over the field already or Sapps would have attempted to take Brady's head off.

There is still a code of conduct when it comes to profession sports. In baseball, when you try to steal 2nd base when leading by 12 runs top of the 8th or 9th, you're asking for a fastball directly at the next batter. In basketball, when you're up by 30 pts and you're trying running up the score like that, whoever you have on the court going for that dunk would have been decked.

BTW, I do not like either team and did not have any action on that game.

GL tonight!!!

Would like to chime in on this topic with my .02...

Yes it is true that if your defense cannot stop the other team's offense, then it is your problem but with 10 minutes left and you're throwing deep passes and going for it on 4th down, then you are a complete ass. The one thing that I was so disappointed with the Redskins yesterday was they had no pride yesterday. If it was my Raiders getting whipped that bad, you would have seen so many fights all over the field already or Sapps would have attempted to take Brady's head off.

There is still a code of conduct when it comes to profession sports. In baseball, when you try to steal 2nd base when leading by 12 runs top of the 8th or 9th, you're asking for a fastball directly at the next batter. In basketball, when you're up by 30 pts and you're trying running up the score like that, whoever you have on the court going for that dunk would have been decked.

BTW, I do not like either team and did not have any action on that game.

GL tonight!!!

Great post. I know for a fact if the Pats were to run it up on the Raider you would see WARREN SAPP get a cheap shot on Brady.

i get a kick out of all you people saying the pats are classless for playing 60 minutes of solid ball and in the same breath saying opposing players should take cheap shots at them for the sole purpose of injuring them...

if they can't find a way to stop them from scoring legitimately...maybe they should give their paychecks back to their team's owner for impersonating football players...

filming on the sideline during a game is illegal...it was done and they are paying the price...does anyone for one minute think that what they did is not being done by every other team....from across the field and in the pressbox...which is legal???

football is a dog eat dog and bury your dead game....the nfl is not a pop warner league where a coach has to worry about the esteem of the opposing players....anyone who has ever played knows it is .... play as hard as you can for 6 seconds at a time .....and 60 minutes a game. someday...they will run into a team that is ready to play the game with the same intensity that they have...until then...these other clubs better buckle their chinstraps...

<!-- icon and title --> <hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> i get a kick out of all you people saying the pats are classless for playing 60 minutes of solid ball and in the same breath saying opposing players should take cheap shots at them for the sole purpose of injuring them...
agreed

football is a dog eat dog and bury your dead game....the nfl is not a pop warner league where a coach has to worry about the esteem of the opposing players....anyone who has ever played knows it is .... play as hard as you can for 6 seconds at a time .....and 60 minutes a game. someday...they will run into a team that is ready to play the game with the same intensity that they have...until then...these other clubs better buckle their chinstraps...

agreed

No matter where you read about this topic, it's the same thing. People say the Pats are classless and then the defenders come in and say it's the NFL and they should stop them or not bitch. Everyone understands that. The problem is, if you want to throw the ball and run up the score (and go for it on 4th down up 38) there's no reason to do it with your starters. At least if you use your backups it can be justified slightly because those guys don't always get the chance to play.

The only real point in all of this has been made many times....Brady is going to leave on a stretcher sooner rather than later. He is going to get "Theismanned" and then we'll hear the Pats fans crying that it was a cheap shot. Well it will be a cheap shot and if you weren't running up the score nobody would take cheap shots at you. I would never wish someone to get injured but in this case how can you not? I don't care if it's the NFL or not, there comes a point where you show some class or you get your ass kicked (and not on the scoreboard). Joe Gibbs has too much class to send out goons and he took his defensive starters out long before Brady and the crew came out so that no one on defense would get hurt (seeing as how it was a blowout). I can guarantee you that if shit like that is pulled against the Ravens, Brady will be leaving on a stretcher and the Pats fans will have no one to blame but the sweatshirt.

Did none of you watch the last 2 pats games? matt cassel played most of the 4th quarter in the last 2 games

Yeah, I think that if that Pats don't change this bad habit, Brady most definitely will be sitting out a few weeks. And, I put my money where my mouth is, having bet on the under 50 TD passes for brady.

I just think that either Bill keeps running up the score every game and Brady gets smacked because of that, or he compensates by sitting Brady for the 2nd half of 2-3 games at the end of the season, if not earlier, knowing that teams will be gunning for him.

I'm betting Brady won't break 50 because he'll knocked out and Cassell will play 2-3 games at least.

Back