OK Folks I was wrong about Ohio State so please respond to this thread

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
I was completely off base and this game played out like nothing I expected. Sermon ran great. The Clemson defense was awful. Ohio State and Fields were great

Now do me a favor and have at it in here with I told you so's and I'm a loser and all that because I deserve it. And I am tired of paging through all the other threads to find the insults so please let fly in here so we can keep it in one place.

As I asked in the other thread mods please ignore what they say in here because I was very wrong and they are all very excited. Thanks. GL

Appreciate it Rambler but many of them see me as being arrogant in my pick. That's them being excited after the fact. I am often confident and sometimes very confident but if they want to see it as arrogant so be it. And if they see it that way then I can understand their attitude towards me when I lose. Especially a big bet. GL

I don't think anybody expected Clemson D to be the trash they were tonight. I was on Clemson as well, as were many many of us (luckily I bought off some early when the opportunity was still there, but not all).

Clemson offense looked outta whack that whole 1H, which could've been caused partially or fully by not having their OC.

Was a shocker for just about everybody.

Appreciate it Rambler but many of them see me as being arrogant in my pick. That's them being excited after the fact. I am often confident and sometimes very confident but if they want to see it as arrogant so be it. And if they see it that way then I can understand their attitude towards me when I lose. Especially a big bet. GL
You should be cocky and arrogant on all your picks. I put a ton of money on Clemson and walked into expecting to cash the ticket like I do all my bets. And I'm so arrogant I kept adding to Clemson because fuck 'em all.

You were wrong, so was I and I'm a blinded by enjoying Clemson as a team the last 5 or so years.

Thanks for stepping up Wire. I thought you were way off on Day, Fields and Sermon. I consider myself a rational OSU fan so we disagreed. But I don't have the knowledge of the cappers here...I just listen in.

Can you get a white claw for $800? Haha

RIP Bloodhound

Thanks for stepping up Wire. I thought you were way off on Day, Fields and Sermon. I consider myself a rational OSU fan so we disagreed. But I don't have the knowledge of the cappers here...I just listen in.

Can you get a white claw for $800? Haha

RIP Bloodhound

you seem pretty reasonable for a osu fan! Never change! Lol

yea yea yea. I always say most tOSU fans are awful but truth is most fans are unbearable! Just so happens osu wins a lot so their fans mouth off more. Prob no more than other fan bases if their team was as successful!!

Die hard fans as a whole so unreasonable!! nothing I hate worse than a fan who can’t talk objectively about their team but always pretends his opinion has nothing to do with fandom! Such a waste cause when you get a fan that willing to be honest about their squad they typically have a ton of valuable info to share, good luck finding them tho!

I was completely off base and this game played out like nothing I expected. Sermon ran great. The Clemson defense was awful. Ohio State and Fields were great

Now do me a favor and have at it in here with I told you so's and I'm a loser and all that because I deserve it. And I am tired of paging through all the other threads to find the insults so please let fly in here so we can keep it in one place.

As I asked in the other thread mods please ignore what they say in here because I was very wrong and they are all very excited. Thanks. GL
you're class. I was wrong once in my life too. good luck wire

You made a prediction of what you thought would happen and posted it on a public discussion forum. Many people don't have the balls to do that in the first place.

You also have posted many winners and been around a long time w2w. No shame sir. Glad to have you here.

You made a prediction of what you thought would happen and posted it on a public discussion forum. Many people don't have the balls to do that in the first place.

You also have posted many winners and been around a long time w2w. No shame sir. Glad to have you here.

this

I think based on the games played the clemson bet was still a good bet. The osu side was based on intangibles - motivation, scheme changes, potential. Revenge angle proved big. I think it's pretty rare to see a team pull it together like that , but it has happened before.

Ryan Day just made venables look like Don Brown. And fields and day were being laughed at last time out.

I think based on the games played the clemson bet was still a good bet. The osu side was based on intangibles - motivation, scheme changes, potential. Revenge angle proved big. I think it's pretty rare to see a team pull it together like that , but it has happened before.

Ryan Day just made venables look like Don Brown. And fields and day were being laughed at last time out.

Right. Good point on intangibles. I don't think anyone was beating the buckeyes tonight. They played a perfect game other than the 1 Fields pick.

I'm starting to wonder about Trevor Lawrence. He looked more like Goff than he did an elite QB. His oline sucked which should have made him more active in the pocket. He was too stationary tonight when it was time to go offschedule

I'm starting to wonder about Trevor Lawrence. He looked more like Goff than he did an elite QB. His oline sucked which should have made him more active in the pocket. He was too stationary tonight when it was time to go offschedule
he didn't look good last year vs lsu at all. Zone him up and take away his running ability and in big games he looks ordinary. That's another difference compared to last year - ohio state changed up their scheme. Stuff like that is often hard to cap.

he didn't look good last year vs lsu at all. Zone him up and take away his running ability and in big games he looks ordinary. That's another difference compared to last year - ohio state changed up their scheme. Stuff like that is often hard to cap.
I didn't like the play calling early which got Clemson into this mess. How much can you run option with him? They didn't move him at all. No roll outs, no misdirection. Clemson's backup OC was outcoached

Lawrence has also played well in several big games. When you as highly touted as he been for so long and always in the playoffs you bound to have your game picked apart some. I think it pretty nuts to compare him to Goff. He has been put in the Elway, manning, luck class of prospect so not too worried bout him. He did still go 33-48 for 400. He moves 100x better than Goff. Buckeyes won this game at the LOS, most QBs lose when their team gets whipped up front on both sides.

As I asked in the other thread mods please ignore what they say in here because I was very wrong and they

Bigger picture: There are no locks in gambling. Ever. You shouldn't have to stake your entire personality and self-worth on guessing the outcome of an event in which you have absolutely no control over.

Bad picks happen. Personal guarantees and irresponsible spread of misinformation shouldn't happen. It's not helpful. It's narcissism.

Last edited:

Mr Wire, I read your rants regularly. Most are bordering brilliance. everyone makes mistakes and mis-calculations/. Your comments are relevant, and that is important.

Thank you fore your insight. My wallet is much fatter because of you.

Thanks folks. Very nice of you. Skanless you made me spray my coffee. Thanks.

seriously sorry if anyone tailed and lost big. But nothing bothers me more than the fact the wife is super pissed I took a huge bath on that game now I am on a retirement salary. 5 foot 2 and that woman scares the shit out of me. GL

It’s ok sometimes we are forced to eat crow. I was bashing Fields and Ohio State even more than you. I still stand by what I said and that is Fields sucks and will be trash in the NFL probably as a member of my former team the Jets.

Watch Miami pull the plug on Tua and pick another QB at the top of this draft.

they prob should but that doesn’t really mean he can’t play. Takes some guys longer than others, feel like his biggest problem is he don’t understand the difference between what considered open or having to throw guys open in nfl compared to how wide open his wrs were at bama. He very well could figure it out, or maybe he won’t. I agree with the draft a qb every year stance tho, not like you wasted a pick if you end up having 2!!

Back