Offseason/OTA injuries...

This is insane, can anyone remember any other year that we have seen training camp injuries like this. I mean they haven't even taken a snap in preseason and teams are losing top guys left and right.

I don't remember a year like this from the top of my head. These are not even game injuries, these are practice injuries and they are all KEY players.

NFL: AroundTheLeague@NFL_ATL<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1m</small>
Eddie Lacy held out of Packers practice with pulled hamstring http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000227202/article/eddie-lacy-misses-packers-practice-with-hamstring-pull?campaign=Twitter_atl …

This fucking guy, seems like these Bama guys are all used up by the time they get to the NFL doesn't it?

I don't remember a year like this from the top of my head. These are not even game injuries, these are practice injuries and they are all KEY players.
Cause they are being too soft now. The players by negotiating for less intensive practices have hurt themselves by not being ready for contact.

Cannot find ofhand, but there are some pics of Lacy out there where it looks like he is fat as hell now...sucks being out of the Bama 'program'.

This is the first season in almost a decade that I won't have any superbowl futures or o/u win total wagers. These injuries are ridiculous, especially on the offensive lines.

Charles is fine. Foot strain. X-Rays negative. Day to day. Will play Friday if Reid likes what he sees during the week

Good catch jump.. Just came here to post that. Interesting twist. I am and most of my fellow Chiefs brethren are holding our collective breaths.

Good catch jump.. Just came here to post that. Interesting twist. I am and most of my fellow Chiefs brethren are holding our collective breaths.

Hopefully the injury isn't too serious and Charles is good to go for the season. FWIW, this is exactly why no one should be holding fantasy drafts before the end of the preseason, let alone with 3 weeks left as some have.

Hopefully the injury isn't too serious and Charles is good to go for the season. FWIW, this is exactly why no one should be holding fantasy drafts before the end of the preseason, let alone with 3 weeks left as some have.
exactly

i've already made this statement to mixed responses- top to bottom, the chiefs are the best team in the afc west. what do you think about that?

i've already made this statement to mixed responses- top to bottom, the chiefs are the best team in the afc west. what do you think about that?

Disclaimer, I am a fan of the team. But barring injury, I think KC is more well-rounded than Denver. I still would be surprised if the team can make that drastic of a turnaround in one season. My thoughts though briefly:

1. The playbook in camp and in preseason game 1 has been/was perfect for Alex Smith so far. He will not make mistakes and the Chiefs TEs will have a very good season.
2. Jamaal Charles is going to be the Brian Westbrook of the new look Chiefs. Tons of passes expected his way this season.
3. The defense already has one of the best LB corps in the league as a unit with 3 Pro Bowlers. If the new look secondary can stay healthy, the defense has top 10 potential.
4. The schedule is very much in KC's favor. One playoff team in the first nine games. Plus a few more games down the stretch they will be favored in.

I think this is the surprise team of 2013. Only injuries will derail this because the talent level is too high.

takeit, but you have peyton and most of von miller, so you should be ok for at least one more season.

i agree cap, i think KC is one of the more talented and well put together teams in the league, moreso than denver. however, i don't think that will translate into winning the division, although i think they are a better value to do so than denver. if they stay on the right track, they should be the favorite to win the division next season. i think 7-9 wins is a fair assessment this season with the possibility of more if everything falls into place.

ESPN fired “Numbers Never Lie” co-host Hugh Douglas following the network’s investigation into an incident last week when Douglas allegedly threatened fellow host Michael Smith at a nightclub in Orlando. The pair were at a party as part of the National Association of Black Journalists Convention when, according to reports, an inebriated Douglas attempted to climb on stage to join the DJ and became incensed when Smith refused to help, calling him a “house [N-word]” and an “Uncle Tom” and grabbing Smith before others stepped in to separate them. The 41-year-old Douglas, who played 10 seasons at defensive end in the NFL, joined ESPN in 2011.
Douglas sent out a tweet Tuesday afternoon that read: I am very disappointed to be leaving ESPN and will have more to say about this situation and my future at the appropriate time.

• Jeff Howe@jeffphowe<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">8m</small>
    Remember, nothing is precautionary when it comes to Brady. He limped noticeably, even after returning to the field.

Expand

• Jeff Howe@jeffphowe<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">20m</small>
      This helicopter just arrived and the place is freaking out pic.twitter.com/20Xkm2mq8W

Hide photo
      • Retweet
      • Favorite
      • <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; border: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(47, 194, 239);"> More</button>

@jwyattsports: #Titans WR Kendall Wright said he's pretty worried about his knee. Said it's stiff and he's waiting on test results

Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel will miss the remainder of the preseason after an MRI revealed swelling in his left knee, the team announced Saturday.

Manuel will undergo a "minor knee procedure," the Bills said.

AFC East blog
ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"He will miss the remainder of the preseason and then be re-evaluated at that time," coach Doug Marrone said in a statement.

Veteran Kevin Kolb will start Buffalo's third preseason game next Saturday against the Washington Redskins.

Manuel played the entire third quarter of Friday's win over the Minnesota Vikings, completing 10-of-12 passes for 92 yards and a touchdown. The team did not announce any injury to Manuel during the game.

Through two games this preseason, Manuel completed 26 of 33 passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns, and ran four times for 29 yards.

Kolb was 13 of 21 for 111 yards and an interception on Sunday. Washington State rookie Jeff Tuel is the third-string quarterback.

Kolb signed with the Bills in the offseason after starting 21 of 32 career games played in a six-year career with Philadelphia and Arizona. He's thrown for 28 touchdowns and 25 interceptions while being sacked 77 times in a career that started as a second-round draft pick of the Eagles in 2007.

Marrone also announced that wide receiver Kevin Elliott "has a torn ACL and will miss the remainder of the season."

@PSchrags: Buffalo Bills QB E.J. Manuel had a successful surgical procedure on his left knee early this AM. No crutches needed. 2-4 week timetable.

Back