Offseason news...

I actually like them a bit more the more I look at them. Some of my fav colors blended together. The back of the helmet is the best part imo.

todays rumor of the day:

Les Miles will step down on Monday after being caught having sex with a student.

Just a rumor, spreading around the internet.

todays rumor of the day:

Les Miles will step down on Monday after being caught having sex with a student.

Just a rumor, spreading around the internet.

started a new thread like 2 mins after you

u just saw on mssg boards?

Gunner Kiel is transferring from Notre Dame. I thought he would at least wait until after spring practice. As it stands, most teams are already in the midst of spring practice, so he gains nothing by transferring before spring practice. If he had waited until May, he might have won the starting job although this is admittedly unlikely.

I've heard Tennessee as a possible destination.

Gunner Kiel is transferring from Notre Dame. I thought he would at least wait until after spring practice. As it stands, most teams are already in the midst of spring practice, so he gains nothing by transferring before spring practice. If he had waited until May, he might have won the starting job although this is admittedly unlikely.

I've heard Tennessee as a possible destination.

can this bring us back to anzalone for a minute? but i think me and CG said that these kids that flip flop like a fish out of water never seem to turn out as big time players. and now gunner, who committed to IU, no wait LSU, no wait ND is transferring? Shocking! Vidal Hazelton rings similar too. Dont wish them bad but it just seems inevitable most of the time, i digress.

can this bring us back to anzalone for a minute? but i think me and CG said that these kids that flip flop like a fish out of water never seem to turn out as big time players. and now gunner, who committed to IU, no wait LSU, no wait ND is transferring? Shocking! Vidal Hazelton rings similar too. Dont wish them bad but it just seems inevitable most of the time, i digress.

Just an FYI...according to spring practice reports, Anzalone was extremely physically gifted among UF's defensive frosh (already 2nd team before yesterday's injury)...also (from twitter) loves him some winter in FLA.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- After Notre Dame's wheel-spinning eight-victory 2011 campaign, perceived top 100 talentsGunner Kiel, Davonte Neal and Tee Shepard propped up the light recruiting class that followed.

Now that class is merely heavy on departures.

Neal will transfer out of Notre Dame along with fellow 2012 receiver signee Justin Ferguson, Notre Dame coachBrian Kelly confirmed Wednesday, presenting a possible numbers challenge as the program attempts to maintain elite-level depth.

The Irish's thin, 17-player 2012 haul now is down to 13, including one long snapper, while five-star quarterback Kiel, four-star cornerback Shepard and four-star receiver Neal all have departed the program. Notre Dame signed the nation's No. 3 class in February and needs more of that to offset a blip in amassing championship talent.

"It doesn't create a hole in the class," Kelly said. "And we'll supplant that and look at how maybe some guys don't play in their first year, or some guys do, and strengthen it as we move forward."

Kelly offered no specifics on the Neal and Ferguson transfers, though the pair combined for just two catches and four net yards as freshmen. One report indicated Neal has a newborn child in Arizona he wants to be closer to.

"There will be more guys leaving, there will be more guys coming," Kelly said. "This is a process that every year you go through. You're going to have some additions, you're going to have some deletions. Our guys didn't miss a step."

Injury updates: Bad luck continued for tailback Amir Carlisle and defensive end Chase Hounshell, though Hounshell got the worst of it. Carlisle, the former USC transfer, had surgery Tuesday on a broken collarbone and will miss four weeks.

Neal had a baby back in Arizona and he's going home to take care of it. As a father, I would do the same thing in his shoes. I wish him the best.

The Ferguson thing came out of the blue.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- After Notre Dame's wheel-spinning eight-victory 2011 campaign, perceived top 100 talentsGunner Kiel, Davonte Neal and Tee Shepard propped up the light recruiting class that followed.

Now that class is merely heavy on departures.

Neal will transfer out of Notre Dame along with fellow 2012 receiver signee Justin Ferguson, Notre Dame coachBrian Kelly confirmed Wednesday, presenting a possible numbers challenge as the program attempts to maintain elite-level depth.

The Irish's thin, 17-player 2012 haul now is down to 13, including one long snapper, while five-star quarterback Kiel, four-star cornerback Shepard and four-star receiver Neal all have departed the program. Notre Dame signed the nation's No. 3 class in February and needs more of that to offset a blip in amassing championship talent.

"It doesn't create a hole in the class," Kelly said. "And we'll supplant that and look at how maybe some guys don't play in their first year, or some guys do, and strengthen it as we move forward."

Kelly offered no specifics on the Neal and Ferguson transfers, though the pair combined for just two catches and four net yards as freshmen. One report indicated Neal has a newborn child in Arizona he wants to be closer to.

"There will be more guys leaving, there will be more guys coming," Kelly said. "This is a process that every year you go through. You're going to have some additions, you're going to have some deletions. Our guys didn't miss a step."

Injury updates: Bad luck continued for tailback Amir Carlisle and defensive end Chase Hounshell, though Hounshell got the worst of it. Carlisle, the former USC transfer, had surgery Tuesday on a broken collarbone and will miss four weeks.

Just an FYI...according to spring practice reports, Anzalone was extremely physically gifted among UF's defensive frosh (already 2nd team before yesterday's injury)...also (from twitter) loves him some winter in FLA.

i am sure he is going to be good, as long as he is committed to that program and doesnt jump ship...again like a lot of those guys do. his ability athletically is not a question. glad hes not at nd or in the big 10 against us. cant wait to see some white boy backers in the south for once!! just wonder if that hurts the sec rep as a speed conference??? lol

List all the spring injuries you see or hear about in here as well..

Jake Ryan & Bellomy from UM lost with ACL injuries..

Backup OG Underwood from OSU lost with ACL

George Farmer WR carted off with a knee from USC practice this morning

List all the spring injuries you see or hear about in here as well..

Jake Ryan & Bellomy from UM lost with ACL injuries..

Backup OG Underwood from OSU lost with ACL

George Farmer WR carted off with a knee from USC practice this morning

Farmer with a torn ACL...hope the kid heals quickly. USC (Lane Kiffin) being razor thin all across the roster. :)

Any one got a good list of conference changing teams for 2013?

ACC: Pitt joining Coastal, Syracuse joining Atlantic
Big East: SMU, Houston, Memphis, and UCF
Big Ten: yet to change homosexual division names
CUSA: FIU, FAU, and MTSU joining the East, LaTech, North Texas, and UTSA joining the West
Sun Belt: Georgia State (new to 1A) and Texas State
Independent: NMSU and Idaho join the other 4

Most noteworthy changes are in the MWC where they add new teams and break into divisions, but by and large the divisions are common sense and easy to remember:

Mountain: Boise, Air Force, CSU, Utah St, Wyoming, and New Mex
West: Hawaii, Fresno, SDSU, SJSU, UNLV, Nevada

ODU will not join CUSA for a couple years yet, it was previously reported that they would be in this year.

ACC: Pitt joining Coastal, Syracuse joining Atlantic
Big East: SMU, Houston, Memphis, and UCF
Big Ten: yet to change homosexual division names
CUSA: FIU, FAU, and MTSU joining the East, LaTech, North Texas, and UTSA joining the West
Sun Belt: Georgia State (new to 1A) and Texas State
Independent: NMSU and Idaho join the other 4

Most noteworthy changes are in the MWC where they add new teams and break into divisions, but by and large the divisions are common sense and easy to remember:

Mountain: Boise, Air Force, CSU, Utah St, Wyoming, and New Mex
West: Hawaii, Fresno, SDSU, SJSU, UNLV, Nevada

ODU will not join CUSA for a couple years yet, it was previously reported that they would be in this year.

Thanks gar

:shake:

Does this really matter to them?

Theyll just kick em off the team and go get four new guys who are probably better anyway

Eddie Williams was a 5*, and Pettway and Hayes had a good shot of being contributors. Calloway (a one-time 5* before being downgraded to a 4*) had little shot of ever seeing significant playing time - something I predicted when he flipped his commitment from Auburn to Alabama. He was essentially a guy without a position. I think he was a better fit for the defensive of the ball, but he insisted on playing offense.

Jorga kicker would be the key here...

As a long holiday weekend approaches, let this post serve as a reminder that drinking and driving any sort of vehicle under the influence is dangerous and also illegal.
First we have Grant Van Aman, a walk-on punter at Florida who was arrested early Saturday morning for DUI after running a stop sign. On his scooter. This is not the first scooter-related crime in Gainesville this year, asoffensive lineman Jessamen Dunker was arrested for stealing one in January.
We also have another SEC special teamer, Georgia starting place kicker Marshall Morgan. Morgan was arrested Saturday on Lake Sinclair by Georgia Department of National Resources rangers for boating under the influence. A DNR sergeant in a helicopter saw Morgan's boat towing two inner tubes without a spotter - a violation of Georgia boating regulations - and informed officers in the water who made the arrest. Rangers said Morgan was cooperative throughout.
Be safe and smart this weekend, people.

rumored to have elbowed a chicka at a bar in the face and gonna get arrested..it was at the O so i'm sure they are waiting till the video tapes are being looked at to see if was a fight or just turning around and caught with the elbow or whaterver...if it was intended he'll be booted today...it's the one position osu at least has a lot of depth.

rumored to have elbowed a chicka at a bar in the face and gonna get arrested..it was at the O so i'm sure they are waiting till the video tapes are being looked at to see if was a fight or just turning around and caught with the elbow or whaterver...if it was intended he'll be booted today...it's the one position osu at least has a lot of depth.

I've seen Big 10 football, I doubt the girl was hurt. :grin:

Allegedly, he punched (elbowed) a police officer's daughter in the face at the bar. If you're going to be dumb enough to hit a girl, hitting one whose daddy is a cop is probably the worst case scenario.

Allegedly, he punched (elbowed) a police officer's daughter in the face at the bar. If you're going to be dumb enough to hit a girl, hitting one whose daddy is a cop is probably the worst case scenario.
yea the elbow thing was before the scarletofmen article...twitter folk had the wrong police report (elbow thing)

[h=1]Report: Buckeyes dismiss top RB, star corner suspended[/h]Posted by John Taylor on July 22, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
carlos-hyde.jpg
Getty Images
O-H!!! O-NO!!!
Heading into summer camp and coming off a perfect 2012 in its first season under Urban Meyer, Ohio State is not only a near-unanimous pick to win the Big Ten but is also one of the teams looked on as a favorite to break Alabama’s string of BCS titles. While that may still end up being the case, the Buckeyes’ row just got a lot harder to hoe.
Citing sources with knowledge of the situation, the Columbus Dispatch is reporting that starting running back Carlos Hyde has been dismissed from the football program following an incident over the weekend in Columbus. Hyde, the Dispatchwrites, “was named as a person of interest in a weekend assault against a female in a Downtown bar.”
As it appears now, no charges have been filed against Hyde, although the same can’t be said for another Buckeye star.
According to the same report, preseason All-American favorite Bradley Roby was arrested early Sunday morning in a separate incident and charged with battery resulting in bodily injury. The incident at a Bloomington, Ind., drinking establishment occurred when Roby “was asked to leave a bar after a disturbance, refused, and was subdued by bouncers at the bar before being taken into custody.”
As a result, Roby has been indefinitely suspended by Meyer pending further investigation into the arrest.
Hyde led all OSU running backs in rushing last season with 970 yards, and led the team with 16 rushing touchdowns. Roby was a first-team All-Big Ten performer in 2012 and was a semifinalist for the Thorpe Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive back.
The school has yet to confirm the twin developments, although a statement and/or release from the school is expected in short order.

Pre Hernandez era - just a basic slap on the wrist

Post era - he has to take immediate and severe actions from a PR standpoint

Back