Offseason News and Notes Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Washington receiver Isaiah Renfro announced Sunday that he was walking away from football in order to continue his recovery from depression and anxiety.
Renfro, a sophomore, didn't participate in the Huskies' spring camp for what coach Chris Peterson called "personal issues." Renfro said in a lengthy statement on Twitter that he was receiving treatment at a hospital during that time "in a special program for people like me, that taught me how to cope with my problems and what to do when I hit my lowest of lows."
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="737057299366191104" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px; position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-left: auto !important; margin-right: auto !important;"><article class="MediaCard MediaCard--mediaForward customisable-border" data-scribe="component:card" dir="ltr">

</article>

Follow

Isaiah Woods-Renfro ‎@WaveGodZay

Been debating on posting this but this is me taking steps in the right direction to becoming myself again..
7:05 PM - 29 May 2016

</twitterwidget>Renfro, who also said he would no longer attend the university as a student, thanked doctors and his close friends for helping him to get "out of a dark place before it was too late."
"Waking up in the morning got harder and harder, till it got to the point where I didn't want to wake up at all," he wrote, describing his life before he decided to get treatment.
Renfro, who caught 13 passes for 178 yards in his only season for the Huskies, said he now has a better outlook on life.
"This isn't the end of me, just the end of a certain chapter. I will conquer this, and not let this situation conquer me. I'm on a journey to find my happiness again," he wrote.

Takes a big person to admit this kina thing....especially in the line of work( lol, had to joke) he is in.

It is so hard for someone to understand this type of illness.....I never did. People laugh it off....say, "What is wrong with you...stop being a pussy".....and on and on...

I have dealt with other things that people cannot understand similar......and trust me. I GET the mystery and bewilderment from others.

I am glad to see that he may get the hep he needs.

I encourage anyone out there reading this to do the same and know there is ZERO shame in getting help for THIS or anything like it.

Good post BAR

Auburn gave Malzahn a one year extension on his contract....dumbfucks

14-11 in SEC play, 2-10 last 12. This raises his buyout to almost $9 million. Don't understand this at all. I guess it will help with recruiting until they fire him in December?

14-11 in SEC play, 2-10 last 12. This raises his buyout to almost $9 million. Don't understand this at all. I guess it will help with recruiting until they fire him in December?

Sometimes you just shake your head and say wtf ever

Former LSU commit Travonte Valentine could be ready for 2016 season. This is HUGE.....kid was a big big time recruit from Miami FLA, that had to go JUCO route.....number 1 rated DT in Juco

Former LSU commit Travonte Valentine could be ready for 2016 season. This is HUGE.....kid was a big big time recruit from Miami FLA, that had to go JUCO route.....number 1 rated DT in Juco

eligible right away....just announced

huge

Christian LaCoutour ACL likely for LSU and is out for a while......hurts, but with all the movement now, could be manageable

Iisah Wash too.....backup to Arden Key likely

LSU OLB Corey Thompson down with a leg injury this morning. He was expected to bring some versatility to the F backer spot after moving down from safety.

The bad news continued to roll in for LSU on the injury front on Wednesday as outside linebacker Corey Thompson went down.

A source confirmed with Geaux247 that it was similar to the injury that Jalen Mills suffered in fall camp last year around this time. Recovery time for that type of injury is usually 6-8 weeks.

Thompson was projected to back up Tashawn Bower at the F-linebacker spot. He had been running with the first team as Bower recovers from an undisclosed injury in the early part of camp.

Thompson made the move to linebacker in the spring after playing safety throughout his career. He appeared in 32 games with eight starts and logged 66 tackles.

With Thompson down, LSU's depth on the defensive side of the ball is taking a hit as he joins Christian LaCouture and Isaiah Washington, who have both been ruled out for the year with knee injuries.

Geaux247 will have more on how this affects LSU’s linebacker corps soon.

supposedly doesnt like to workout and is on Dameyune shitlist from beginning

and the freashman must be rolling

Texas Tech recruited Johnson hard out of high school and were one of the final teams standing when he made his decision, as was Oklahoma State. Keep an eye on both the Big 12 programs, as well as Kansas, where Johnson’s former high school coach Tony Hull is now an assistant. UTSA could become a player with former LSU assistant Frank Wilsonnow the head coach of the Roadrunners. SMU, where Quinn transferred, is also worth monitoring given former Clemson assistant and current SMU head coach Chad Morrisrecruited Johnson heavily coming out of high school. It’s unlikely LSU will allow Johnson to transfer to another program in the SEC.

his Daddy says he wanted to go to a more wide open offense

that is partly true maybe....I also don't think he likes competition much. Coach Craig doesnt like him or his ethic is what they say

West Virginia starting guard Adam Panky arrested for DWI. Has a picture in Steele's magazine under team info, Possible game one suspension?
FSU QB Sean Maguire had foot surgery could miss opener.
Kentucky BU FS Darius West out for 2016 due to knee injury; was trying to win starting job.
Auburn starting CB Jamel Dean out for a while undergoing knee surgery.

Rumors that Kendall Sheffield has left Tuscaloosa and is wanting to transfer, was not seen at either practice yesterday. He's either a true soph or a redshirt freshman. Was a 5 star recruit at cornerback. Was likely in line for some playing time this year, not sure the reason he wants to transfer if that is in fact the case.

Miles just said Fournette has an ankle sprain and is in a boot. Not exactly sure when the injury and scrimmage actually took place as everything was thrown off schedule over the weekend. This is the first time he has met with media since Wednesday or Thursday.

Miserable camp for LSU so far with injuries and the worst flood this area has ever witnessed.

Miles just said Fournette has an ankle sprain and is in a boot. Not exactly sure when the injury and scrimmage actually took place as everything was thrown off schedule over the weekend. This is the first time he has met with media since Wednesday or Thursday.

Miserable camp for LSU so far with injuries and the worst flood this area has ever witnessed.

the worst injuries

they need to chill

Need two types of luck to win a championship: schedule luck and injury luck

Need two types of luck to win a championship: schedule luck and injury luck

LSU never seems to get this one.....not that yall do either

it just happens where we play yall usually....and even then, we still have gotten fucked :tiphat:

LSU never seems to get this one.....not that yall do either

it just happens where we play yall usually....and even then, we still have gotten fucked :tiphat:

Basically you need to catch teams after tough runs or after they have had bad injury luck too. In 2010, 7 out of 8 SEC games we played the opponent had a bye the week before. If you add the non-conference schedule, it was something like 10 out 12 games where we played a team that didn't play the week before. Even accounting for the ones where we did too (the opener and LSU), it was still ridiculous

main thing I find funny is the hate on the late November game that LSU plays and Bama too....also a McNeese here or there

I mean

Washinton 2009
UNC 2010
Oregon 2011( never mind AT West Vagina and AT Alabama).....one of the best teams, if not the best LSU has ever had. Unreal run.
TCU 2013
Wisky 2014
Wisky @ LAmbeau 2016

I mean c'mon.....I hate hearing about schedules......ND and USC can poke out the chest some.....but navy and army are usually in NDs too let us not for get

For some reason when you play FCS teams is more important the fact you play them. We wouldn't hear much about it at all if we all played them in September. People go crazy though that Alabama plays Chattanooga on Nov 19 while other teams have to play a conference game. But there's no real outcry that a perceived title contender opens the season with a directional school or FCS team while we play USC.

Rumors that Kendall Sheffield has left Tuscaloosa and is wanting to transfer, was not seen at either practice yesterday. He's either a true soph or a redshirt freshman. Was a 5 star recruit at cornerback. Was likely in line for some playing time this year, not sure the reason he wants to transfer if that is in fact the case.

Reports that Alabama has released him to transfer to any non-SEC school. Playing time is thought to be the motivation behind the transfer. Don't get these guys who think they should be starting by their redshirt freshman year or else they're gone.

Reports that Alabama has released him to transfer to any non-SEC school. Playing time is thought to be the motivation behind the transfer. Don't get these guys who think they should be starting by their redshirt freshman year or else they're gone.

it is weird

5 stars thinking they can come in and not earn it

wanna play right away? Go to Tulane

it is weird

5 stars thinking they can come in and not earn it

wanna play right away? Go to Tulane

Sheffield transferring to Blinn JUCO. Likely destinations after are aTm or Houston. Word is that Shyheim Carter was threatening to take snaps from him

Josh Barge (WR-Jax State) has cast on lower leg and might not be available for UNA game. Not many specifics right now but huge loss. (1145 yds and 11 TDs last year)

Josh Barge (WR-Jax State) has cast on lower leg and might not be available for UNA game. Not many specifics right now but huge loss. (1145 yds and 11 TDs last year)

And this line (UNA) is currently -26 from an opener of -24 which I think is insane fwiw

George Brown Jr LSU OT transfers......kid had a ton of offfers, took a RS last year and was down on the depth

someone will get a good kid

Michigan might want to learn how to spell their top recruit's names. They also might want to keep a list of who is attending their events.

what a mess... Can't blame the kid for turning his back on them.

Back