Official opt out thread...

I know there is more a a bunch will be coming but feel free to add the ones from the last week or so.

Noticing a certain theme here... :(

All are top rated NFL draft prospects right?

They're young and strong so I wonder what the concern is. Might they have the sickle cell trait? Are they concerned about getting Covid and what the long term effects might or might not be and how NFL teams might view them post Covid?

It would be interesting if they shared detailed reasons for opting out but I understand why they'd choose not to elaborate.

All are top rated NFL draft prospects right?

They're young and strong so I wonder what the concern is. Might they have the sickle cell trait? Are they concerned about getting Covid and what the long term effects might or might not be and how NFL teams might view them post Covid?

It would be interesting if they shared detailed reasons for opting out but I understand why they'd choose not to elaborate.

do you think these players are going sit in their house being quarantined this fall?

Because if they are concerned about getting Covid then that is probably what they should do

I don't think this has to do with concerns about getting Covid and LTE

Basically the same as these guys calling it a season during the year to start prepping for draft (seems to be the emerging norm).

I don't imagine we'll see as many opt outs at the football factories...
Last sentence on point

These guy aren't afraid of putting their bodies on the line to play a vicious sport where concussions are a very real issue yet they are scared of a virus with maybe a .1 percent chance of killing them assuming they have no underlying issues. These pussies should just wear a hazmat suit and never leave their homes.

The Sooners are going to feel the loss of Brooks. He's a good back, plus Sermon transferred to Ohio State and the Juco kid, Stevenson, who was the best back they had the second part of the season, is suspended. They have some young backs who were highly rated out of high school, but haven't proved they can play at the college level

I am surprised that Lawrence hasn't decided to opt out. Chase knows he is going top 10 so why risk it when he has an excuse that people will buy. Personally I would be very leery when it comes to drafting any of these guys that quit on their college teammates.

Just heard a high school player opted out of his senior year while his teammates are playing on espn. Weak if you ask me. He's a top high school player going to OSU

Any truth to the rumor that Jacoby Stevens is next Twink? 2020 LSU may look nothing like 2019 at this rate

Any truth to the rumor that Jacoby Stevens is next Twink? 2020 LSU may look nothing like 2019 at this rate
He spoke out when the players did their thing recently and he was to be a vocal leader this year.

he can only hurt himself sitting

Wow on that UCF list.

And Vanderbilt had a 4th upperclassman OL opt out. Spanellis the Michigan kid.

Texas A&M leading receiver Jhamon Ausbon opts out. Sr 35 career starts. 3rd Tm SEC '19. 66-872-5TD last year.

Neil Farrell opts back in for LSU

Crazy but that is more important than Chase coming back( not that he is )

Back