Official 2020 Trade Deadline thread

There's our DH against lefties. no more at bats for almora.

Exactly the type of move the Brewers should have made but they would rather give at bats to Sogard and Jace Peterson. Of course I change my mind if the Cubs gave up good prospects but I doubt that is the case.

White Sox discussing Clevinger with the Indians. I can't see them moving him within the division and the price would be high but interesting rumor.

looks like Joey Gallo heading to the Rays for pitching & Lynn heading to the Blue Jays
Choo,Frazier & Montero most likely going as well

looks like Joey Gallo heading to the Rays for pitching & Lynn heading to the Blue Jays
Choo,Frazier & Montero most likely going as well
I'm hoping that Lynn news is for real, I know Jays were interested in Minor and any conceivably decent pitcher on the market. But Ryu, Lynn, Walker, Pearson is pretty good and even less pressure on Pearson when he comes back when he's facing off against not a 1/2 rotation guy on the other side.

Padres stole Clevinger trading a bunch of decent but not great prospects for a legit number one starter.

Not sure I’d go as far as calling him a legit number one, but definitely thought he would fetch more. Seemed like Indians went with quantity over quality

Not sure I’d go as far as calling him a legit number one, but definitely thought he would fetch more. Seemed like Indians went with quantity over quality

This is the type of return I fear getting for Hader. Never trade a star player without getting at least one close to sure thing prospect in return. Cleveland didn't get nearly enough for a very good starting pitcher that San Diego will now have for two more seasons after this.

another lefty eh...

don't mind the trade, the post by Stark is intriguing for sure.. if he can get his command in line to what it was 2017 he could be nasty again..We have a shit ton of SP now lol.

Pearson
Ryu
Walker
Ray
Anderson
Roark
Shoemaker
Thornton (by default of injuries)

Borucki will slot in there, he wants to be a SP but for this year he's "accepted" a role as relief

Last edited:
According to Twitter the 2 players for Mike Minor are going to be Marcus Smith and Dustin Harris

Caleb Smith, Humberto Mejia + player yet to be nameds for Starling Marte

hopefully he turns it around, dude has been awful when I needed him trhe most this year h aha

Only thrown 6 innings this year and still a couple weeks away from returning so imagine the return is minimal. Hopefully Cubs do something else

Only thrown 6 innings this year and still a couple weeks away from returning so imagine the return is minimal. Hopefully Cubs do something else
Apparently osich is on the list. And I’m quite familiar with those stupid 6 innings he pitched

Brewers traded Phelps to the Phillies. I'm guessing they got nothing back and just wanted to save on his 4.5 million option for next season. Attanasio has become a cheap prick like his predecessor Selig.

Solid addition tho, had to get better from the left side. I still think we're short, but we did get better the last two days. Maybe Javy and Willie will remember how to hit.

Back