Official 2020 Trade Deadline thread

brewers888

Chicken Little
so the deadline is the 31st. With this being a weird season and with so many extra playoff teams you have to wonder if there will be any big moves. Also with no minor league season it will be interesting to see if any big prospects move without GMs and scouts being able to see them in action.

what are they looking in return?

Multiple high impact position player prospects is my guess. Best reliever in the game with 3 years of control remaining after this one rightfully should command a big return. For the first time in years the Brewers are in relatively good shape pitching wise and all of their prospects (their system sucks) are pitchers.

This is the worst Brewers lineup in years and they don't have one legitimate every day prospect anywhere near the majors. Ideally they can get the Dodgers to include Gavin Lux but either way they need some bats in the lineup. I doubt any team gives Stearns what he wants so Hader will most likely end up staying.

A rental of Chapman cost the Cubs Gleybor Torres and Hader still has 3 more years of control so the Brewers need to hit the jackpot to move him.

man ever since Atkins came to TOronto, the walker rumours have occurred atleast once a year for the last 4-5 years...it's finally come full circle

man ever since Atkins came to TOronto, the walker rumours have occurred atleast once a year for the last 4-5 years...it's finally come full circle

he must have the love part of the love/hate relationship I have had with walker for those 5 years!!!

Yeah I have no expectations of any big deals being made. With no minor leagues its even harder to get a read on prospects.

walker trade is already a bigger move than I expected. Lol. you would think teams be trying to pluck royals pen. With the money uncertainty and no minor leaguers being scouted, combined with most teams having a chance to make playoffs this year can’t imagine there be much.

walker trade is already a bigger move than I expected. Lol. you would think teams be trying to pluck royals pen. With the money uncertainty and no minor leaguers being scouted, combined with most teams having a chance to make playoffs this year can’t imagine there be much.

Hoping my Cubbies can snag Rosenthal

Rosenthal seems like the most obvious guy, but a lot of the others have floundered since their names came up

Joe Jimenez tops that list

Brett Phillips was traded from the Royals to the Rays. Funny how these trades turn out years later but he was the main piece at the time of the package the Brewers received from Houston for Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers. The other players the Brewers got in that trade were Domingo Santana, Adrian Houser, and Josh Hader.

Hader is great but what good is having a great reliever when 2/3 of your lineup can't hit the ball out of the infield. The Dodgers should just relent and give us Gavin Lux as part of a package for the best reliever in baseball who happens to be controlled for another 3 years after this one. If they insist on keeping Lux good luck with Kanley in a big spot.

Kenley is learning how to pitch, took him a couple years but he's not as bad as he was.

Makes it very hard for me to want to fade LAD, only really considering it when higher than 2/1 and that bet saw 7 HR hit by LAD so maybe i should just swear them off

Kenley is learning how to pitch, took him a couple years but he's not as bad as he was.

Makes it very hard for me to want to fade LAD, only really considering it when higher than 2/1 and that bet saw 7 HR hit by LAD so maybe i should just swear them off

pretty much what i been doing, i can only recall taking few shots against them all year and couldnt even do full game cause think they were both with san fran who's pen awful,

with 3 years of control i don't know how you give him up

Take a look at the lineup they are putting out there every night and couple that with the fact that they don't have one legitimate prospect even close to MLB. Its impossible to be a Brewers fan and not love Hader but having a great reliever means nothing when you never have a lead for him to protect.

i'm familiar and found it hilarious from watching MIL broadcasts that they thought they would hit this year

Would you trust him in a big spot in the playoffs. I sure as hell wouldn't. Hader could be the difference between them winning a couple of championships and continuing to fall short.

With their payroll they can afford to trade away some great young talent like Lux. This match makes so much sense but Friedman hates trading away cheap talent even though he is now running LA and not Tampa.

i'm familiar and found it hilarious from watching MIL broadcasts that they thought they would hit this year

The Brewers announcers are your typical homers with no objectivity at all. Obviously no one could have seen Yelich forgetting how to hit and Hiura has been a huge disappointment but the rest of the lineup is terrible.

The deals have all been minor ones so far but there appears to be a lot of activity. There could be a lot of deals on Monday.

from what I’ve heard Lynn was offered a 3yr extension to stay with Rangers
they realize they need an ace & that he is, if they trade him it’d have to be a real blockbuster
Choo-Choo,Frazier,Minor,Montero all could be gone after tomorrow
they are willing to eat half of Odor’s remaining contract to move him
will be a fun day for sure

from what I’ve heard Lynn was offered a 3yr extension to stay with Rangers
they realize they need an ace & that he is, if they trade him it’d have to be a real blockbuster
Choo-Choo,Frazier,Minor,Montero all could be gone after tomorrow
they are willing to eat half of Odor’s remaining contract to move him
will be a fun day for sure

It would be a big mistake to keep Lynn if some desperate team like the Yankees is willing to overpay.

Tampa traded Jose Martinez to the Cubs. Talk about a guy that was meant to DH. If the prospects given up are nothing worthwhile its a good deal for them.

Back