Off to Medinah

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
I really like Luke Donald this week, this is basically a home event for him, sitll trying to find what matchups fit my eye..

its kind of like in my mind im goin to carolina...
im not really goin

This play is located @ 5 dimes..

Lee Westwood (-125) over Aaron Obelhoser 72 holes
Risking only 1 cap and 2 yamulkes..

Els to finish in the top 10..(+155) 1 yamulke 1 cowboy hat (30)

Stuart Appelby (-117) over Trevor immelman 72 holes
Risking only 1 cap and 2 yamulkes.. (140)

Sergio Garcia (-127) over Trevor immelman 72 holes
Risking 1 cap and 3 yamulkes 1 cowboy hat.. (190)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are Leans.. i wouldnt bet these ..
David Howell (-110) over Dimarco
Lehman to miss the cut +165
Obelhourser to miss the cut +140
Stricker -110 over Herron
Furyk -105 over Hefty

I will add some more leans and a few more plays..

Just looking at the match-ups on BetChris and thinking on the fly here I like:

Mickelson -115 over Furyk (Mickelson sounded very loose in his interview yesterday and I think he rebounds here in this tourney.By the way, I can't stand the choke-monster! lol)

K Perry -122 over S. Verplank

V. Singh even over Els (when is the last time we saw Els actually put himself in contention in a major? He's a hard one for me to play on, but an easy one to fade.)
golf1.gif

Check out some props on Pinny too...I'm going to be on a few of these den...

If u like Singh, you can get, WILL he finish in Top 16 at +148.....that looks real nice..

SoonerBS said:
V. Singh even over Els (when is the last time we saw Els actually put himself in contention in a major? He's a hard one for me to play on, but an easy one to fade.)
golf1.gif

How about third at the british open for els.. :drink:

SoonerBS said:
That's been about it though for going on how many years now?

his knee injury has set him back for sure....the PGA has been the one tourney where Els hasn't shown much...Both Opens he's always a factor for sure...the left to right ball flight sorta hurts him at Augusta, but he's been ok there too...but he hasn't been that close to a PGA...

He was out with a torn ACL man..
Check his last 3 or 4 tourneys( i think its a 6th,3,10).. He is basically recovered from the knee injury. If he starts making putts hes got this tourney. I was watchin the preview show last night and i have never seen him more determined. Adam Scott also commented on how hard he is working..

abcs, I don't bet a lot of golf, but I've done well with what I have done this season. I just like to find one good bet and follow it through the tournament. I've done some studying on all the match-ups offered on BetChris and have decided to play this one for the Tournament:

K. Perry -122 over S. Verplank

Perry has finished in the top-15 in three of his last four starts. He is first on TOUR in ball striking and is second on approaches from 175-200 yards. Perry also has a great combination of power and accuracy, hitting 29 percent of his drives over 300 yards (47th) and 68.1 percent of the fairways (34th). Hopefully, his putting will be better this tourney than it has been all year.

golf5.gif

SoonerBS said:
abcs, I don't bet a lot of golf, but I've done well with what I have done this season. I just like to find one good bet and follow it through the tournament. I've done some studying on all the match-ups offered on BetChris and have decided to play this one for the Tournament:

K. Perry -122 over S. Verplank

Perry has finished in the top-15 in three of his last four starts. He is first on TOUR in ball striking and is second on approaches from 175-200 yards. Perry also has a great combination of power and accuracy, hitting 29 percent of his drives over 300 yards (47th) and 68.1 percent of the fairways (34th). Hopefully, his putting will be better this tourney than it has been all year.

golf5.gif

the one thing that would make me hesitate here is the situational factor...this is the last "big" chance to get the points necessary for the Ryder Cup...Verplank was on the team two years ago and was a captains pick...he has a good opp to qualify w/ a top 5, and a good finish at least really throws his hat in the ring w/ a few others to be looked at as a captains pick for Tom Lehman...also, if Verplank putts well, he's a handful at a tight course like Medinah...Perry isn't as straight as Verplank....

JumpOnBoard said:
the one thing that would make me hesitate here is the situational factor...this is the last "big" chance to get the points necessary for the Ryder Cup...Verplank was on the team two years ago and was a captains pick...he has a good opp to qualify w/ a top 5, and a good finish at least really throws his hat in the ring w/ a few others to be looked at as a captains pick for Tom Lehman...also, if Verplank putts well, he's a handful at a tight course like Medinah...Perry isn't as straight as Verplank....

Very good points. I never factored in the Ryder Cup shit, but you're right. :hairout:

A couple of US dark horses starting well..
Cink, Toms, Glover, Palmer and Dimarco all off to a nice start

I had cink and glover on my list to play well..

Tim Clark is a beast in these majors

Cink is playing well, Ryder cup implications, and finished third in 99...he does look real nice for sure...

Problem is, no real good tourney matchups for him...I'm hopin for some good 18 hole ones later in tourney..

:23_5_111: Hefty birdies the first 2.. too bad they screwed up by not putting this on TV

By the way everyone was sleepin on Goose.. I think he finishes in the top 10 this week, I wil add a 18 hole matchup with him ( possibly) and i never do that..

I have a feeling this is gonna be legendary this tourney..

By the way i made that prediction on goose when he was at Even..

Perry hasn't teed off yet, but Verplank is already +3 through 4 holes!!
yikes.gif

Tiger is starting to heat up!!! Who was the genius that said take Slocum over Funk.. =) Too bad i didnt pull the trigger

Verplank "righting the wrong" a bit is now at +1. Perry still hasn't teed off.

Tiger is on the prowl!

Well appelby is bombing.. its looking like a (2 - 1 week) in matchups not sure if els can crack the top ten either way it will be around up 1 unit at worst.. i thought it would be a 3 - 0 sweep!

abcs--thelegend said:
I really like Luke Donald this week, this is basically a home event for him, sitll trying to find what matchups fit my eye..

If he wins this i will be killin myself for not pullin the trigger on a matchup or a straight win here :spank:

Is there any doubt that if Tiger is tied or leading that he will win this thing?

One of these days somebody is going to have to sit me down and chat about betting golf. I usually watch the tourneys but have no action on them.

I hope tiger ends off tied that way i can get tiger to win tomorrow at -150 or so.

I had him 2 weeks ago at -220 and i hit it for 2 units. It will be easy cheddar.

2 - 1 in matchups

Still hopin for a miracle moose to get els in the top 10.. Once tiger wins it will be another profitable week in golf. Congrats to my golf followers.. That makes it 5 straight winning weeks in golf!

No need to me for lie since i counted it as a loss in my record, and i will be the first to admit that i thought stuart would beat trevor and I MISSED THE BET. But i was going back to pinny and reviewing my prior (graded) bets from previous months to total my signature and i noticed that I had mistakenly chosen Immelman to beat Appelby.. so it was graded as a winmoney;Sometimes id rather be lucky than good :5_5_138:
As far as my record for the week overall it looks like it will be 3 - 2 +1.5 units.. but as far my bankroll goes it will be 4 - 1 +3 units

Back