Observations on Final Four Eligible Teams

They did in 2001 or 2002 I'm pretty sure. This situation has been unfolding for a decade, but people have only cared about it for the last 2 days. Nobody will give it a second thought in a month or two. Hopefully all the players and coaches have their scholarship/contracts honored
Tulane almost shut it down...thank God they have alumni

from that to a stadium on campus

impressive

sucks man

This is just crazy.

Right but it wouldn't have mattered because each team's highest and lowest rank was thrown out and the other 4 were averaged.

And Sagarin does not show his BCS politically correct ranking anymore. He had to adopt a non-margin of victory one for the BCS to use. So his rankings now have margin of victory which I'm sure has FSU ranked lower that way since they are find themselves in so many 1 score games.

I'm going to average the computers and just see what it comes out to for all the teams. Not that it means anything, just because I like to do it I guess.

Might be the worst top 10 I've ever seen in my life. They have mediocre TCU and Oregon in the top 3. These 2 teams would be 6-6 if they had an SEC schedule, and keep in mind, this is a down year for the SEC. Once we get to January 1 and FSU and Bama have had a month to prepare, they will steam roll their opponent. It would be an absolute travesty if these 2 have to play each other in semis.

if somehow OSU jumps into the top 4, we're going to really see masacre on Jan. 1

Might be the worst top 10 I've ever seen in my life. They have mediocre TCU and Oregon in the top 3. These 2 teams would be 6-6 if they had an SEC schedule, and keep in mind, this is a down year for the SEC. Once we get to January 1 and FSU and Bama have had a month to prepare, they will steam roll their opponent. It would be an absolute travesty if these 2 have to play each other in semis.

if somehow OSU jumps into the top 4, we're going to really see masacre on Jan. 1

What would FSU's record be with an SEC schedule?

:cigarguy:

Right but it wouldn't have mattered because each team's highest and lowest rank was thrown out and the other 4 were averaged.

And Sagarin does not show his BCS politically correct ranking anymore. He had to adopt a non-margin of victory one for the BCS to use. So his rankings now have margin of victory which I'm sure has FSU ranked lower that way since they are find themselves in so many 1 score games.

I'm going to average the computers and just see what it comes out to for all the teams. Not that it means anything, just because I like to do it I guess.

:shake:

oh dear

Were you guys thinking Notre Dame would give Bama a fight in the title game? Gotta wake up a little and see talent. Don't let these inflated records blind you children. Carry on

What would FSU's record be with an SEC schedule?

They would play to level of that competition much better and hold up each and every week more than TCU, Oregon or OSU would. I don't think the 3 teams I just mentioned could beat Auburn.
Blood bath coming for 2 of those 4 teams if the BCS is smart enough not to match up Bama and FSU in the semis.

[TABLE="width: 500"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Team
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Massey[/TD]
[TD]Colley[/TD]
[TD]Anderson[/TD]
[TD]Billingsley[/TD]
[TD]Sagarin[/TD]
[TD]Wolf[/TD]
[TD]Rank[/TD]
[TD]1.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alabama[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD].97[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Florida St[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD].96[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Oregon[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD].92[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ohio St[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]t-4[/TD]
[TD].87[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TCU[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]t-4[/TD]
[TD].87[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Miss St [/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD].77[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Baylor[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]t-7[/TD]
[TD].71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Miss[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]24[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]t-7[/TD]
[TD].71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arizona[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD].66[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kansas St[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]t-10[/TD]
[TD].59[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Michigan St[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]t-10[/TD]
[TD].59[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Geo Tech[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD].52[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]UCLA[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD].49[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mizzou[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD].48[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wisconsin[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD].47[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Auburn[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD].42[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Georgia[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD].33[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Boise St[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]t-18[/TD]
[TD].27[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arizona St[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]t-18[/TD]
[TD].27[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Oklahoma[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]t-20[/TD]
[TD].23[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]LSU[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]t-20[/TD]
[TD].23[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

What the BCS did was assign 25 pts for 1st place rank. 24 for 2nd, 23 for 3rd and so on. Then they would drop the highest and lowest ranking and average the remaining 4 and show the value as a % of 1.

So if a team had all 25s across the board they would have the highest rank and have a 1 - this would be a unanimous 1st place ranking.

If the BCS was in place right now this is pretty much what their computer rankings would look like with one exception. The BCS was not allowing the computer rankings to factor margin of victory, I know atleast a couple of these now do and I suspect they infact all do. So that would be the only difference.

You still haven't addressed FSU's defense, which could give up points to you and 10 of your closest friends.

how crazy would this year actually be if we still had the BCS and FSU was pushed out

Yeah no different, it's hilarious that the system causes such outrage to me

I actually miss that Nebraska/Michigan debacle in the 90s, the outrage was crazy

how crazy would this year actually be if we still had the BCS and FSU was pushed out

There is no way they would be.

If the Harris poll mirrored the AP, FSU is #2 in the AP right now (29 first place votes). FSU is also #2 in the coaches poll (28 first place votes). And they are #2 in the computers that the BCS used to use like I showed here.

FSU would be a solid #2 if the BCS was in existence, now with this playoff committee they are #4.

I hope this is the way it ends up.

1. Bama
2. Ducks
3. TCU
4. FSU

I love the match ups. I think TCU is better then Baylor, ya I know they lost to them AT Baylor, wouldn't care too much if it was Baylor instead of TCU. TCU or Baylor is like talking in circles.

IF it ends up like this I would take TCU and Bama in the title game and would be betting FSU and TCU.

What do my picks have to do with that game? You're losing me big time here.

your comment came across as if was really obvious to everyone that Bama would steam roll Notre Dame so who would've taken them. So, my point about your picks is to give us the obvious this BCS season before it happens brah. Help us

That may have been one of the most heavily bet on games that I can remember on this board, don't recall many on Notre Dame, just an odd choice of the game to choose. This batch of teams seems much closer. But we don't even know the matchups, other than you are taking Florida State apparently, hope it works out for you. You should easily get the number you want.

I just believe talent wise with a month to prepare, Bama and FSU are far superior. When the lights get turned on Jan. 1st, I think we'll see the difference. Oregon tends to fool everyone running this wild offense. The problem they've always had is handling physical defenses. They will wilt against either defensive lines of Bama and FSU. For me personally, I have to see more of TCU but their performance vs Kansas wouldnt have beaten many top 25 teams.

Not sure I'd be using the defensive line angle with FSU, not sure what you"ve seen this year that would make you think FSU from the defensive side of the ball will dominate other teams from a physical standpoint.

I do though think with a month of preparation that coaches like jimbo and nick probabaly do have an advantage

Not sure I'd be using the defensive line angle with FSU, not sure what you"ve seen this year that would make you think FSU from the defensive side of the ball will dominate other teams from a physical standpoint.

I do though think with a month of preparation that coaches like jimbo and nick probabaly do have an advantage
I think you're giving too much credit to the TCU's and Oregon's. They're not that good.

Wise, you haven't responded to the simple suggestion that FSU has given up yards and points to anyone with a pulse.

They aren't good. Where do the suddenly stop any top team when they couldn't stop BC/NCSU/Fla/ND/Mia yada yada. Why do you think they are so dominant?

Sorry KJ. I haven't read all the messages in this thread. I think FSU has been bored. They're coming off a championship and have played uninspired the entire season. When the lights get turned on, and it very well could happen starting Saturday, I think we'll see the only team that has a chance vs Bama.

Anyone still think Oregon is #2 and can hang with a team of elite athletes like Bama or FSU? Oregon, TCU, Baylor and OSU will get waxed if they play them. Size, speed and coaching are an absolute mismatch with these teams except OSU. Problem with Urban Meyer outside of the QB situation is they're not very good.

The BCS committee has already shown their poor judgement in the rankings and has lost all credibility with me. If we get Bama vs FSU in the semis it would be a huge blunder.

I'd be shocked if we don't see double digit spreads in the semis.
The top half of the 4, Bama and FSU are far superior physically than Oregon, Baylor, and TCU. Ohio State is just flat out not deserving of a berth. How OSU played at home vs Indiana and Michigan is all you need to see.

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/7A55C667981162689929969799168_SW_WEBM_142018107358 0b1a3081a81.mp4?versionId=b5SdFvyywx9NdlmBCpkF0a1V LprdAdq7[/video]

Back