Observations on Final Four Eligible Teams

As for the OP, I agree wise....no DD

The thing with this playoff, we could just get more of a "hot" team ala CBB

also an injury could occur that could screw a team....

I was listening to DP show, and someone brought up the 8 team playoff thing......I was kinda on the fence about it, but DP brought up a really good point

It really could diminish the regular season....a ton

I want every game to feel do or die....we have that now, and I think it is really cool

with a schedule so short, do we really want some big playoff like that?

I think Silks idea of the 6 with top 2 catching a bye would be the furthest I would wanna go....and I think I would want to see this go(current format) for 6-8 years before it is even really considered

4's not enough. 16 would be what works for everyone else, but I would settle for 8.

As I've said for about 30 years, there should be a 16-team playoff. Like every other division of college football, like every other sport.

I agree and have said the same thing about a 16 team playoff. My issue with the NCAA is that, in their reasoning for not having a playoff as you suggest, is that it's too much time away from the classroom for the players...as if every other student athlete at the other football schools who do have a playoff don't miss the same amount of class time. It's basically them admitting that non-FBS schools don't matter (we know they don't based on the revenue coming in from the FBS schools), and they couldn't care less if those students miss a lot of classes.

But, as it's been talked about here more and more, I think an 8 team playoff is more likely than a 16 team playoff. I'm okay with that, but it has to be more than 4 imo. For the simple fact that you have 5 "power conferences," yet you have 4 playoff spots...so one of the champions from the Power 5 would miss out every year. That literally makes no sense.

Can you think of a diminished regular season? NBA I guess.

As for the OP, I agree wise....no DD

The thing with this playoff, we could just get more of a "hot" team ala CBB

also an injury could occur that could screw a team....

I was listening to DP show, and someone brought up the 8 team playoff thing......I was kinda on the fence about it, but DP brought up a really good point

It really could diminish the regular season....a ton

I want every game to feel do or die....we have that now, and I think it is really cool

with a schedule so short, do we really want some big playoff like that?

I think Silks idea of the 6 with top 2 catching a bye would be the furthest I would wanna go....and I think I would want to see this go(current format) for 6-8 years before it is even really considered

The thing is with this concept that the regular season means everything....it doesn't work because the teams don't play equal schedules. It's sports...the best team doesn't always win the title....that's how it goes. If you want the regular season to crown the champion, you'd need everybody to play everybody, or you aren't really finding who the best team is in the first place. It is definitely a flawed system, but a 4 team playoff is a start.

I'm not sure how much it would diminish the regular season anyway...if you went with 6 teams, it would be the 5 conference champs plus an at large. The regular season would mean just as much...you would have to win your conference to make it to the playoff. If you went with 8 teams, there would be 3 at large bids...it's still not changing the dynamic of the regular season that much.

I don't think Ohio St. would beat Bama. But they might, who knows? I think the whole slippery ranking thing is stupid. I've heard the NCAA guys justify the old system, and come back couple years later and justify the new system. It's good radio. But bizarro world. Just play the games off, make money, prob solved.

No fucking way they will play more games, not at this level with careers on the line. One extra game is a huge deal in a sport where careers end before they start. 16 team playoff is never, ever happening.

D1 football players who get their knees put on backwards before they can even get paid to play (legitimately) shouldn't be put through that and they won't.

Oklahoma beat Tech. Texas beat Oklahoma. They ended up taking Oklahoma because they had the highest BCS ranking

The only reason they did that is because there was a 3-way tie. Tech beat Texas. Texas beat OU. OU beat Tech. In a 3-way tie they got down in their tie breaking conference rules and it explicitly stated that the highest ranking BCS team would break the tie.

I do not know what their tie breaking rules are right now, but in every one I have ever seen before, as stated by gps_3 is head-to-head.

Again, what they are doing right now is not comparable to 2008. 3-way tie vs 2-way tie.

4's not enough. 16 would be what works for everyone else, but I would settle for 8.

NO WAY.

You want to convince me that 3 loss teams in the top 16 deserve a national title shot?

You want to convince me that teams that already lost to teams ahead of them deserve a second shot?

We are talking about major major upheaval in a sport that for 70-80 years awarded, gave, national championship recognition to the most excellent team. Now you want teams with 3 losses and teams who have already proved they can't win vs teams ahead of them to be in a pool among the most excellent fighting for all the marbles? No thanks. That is when I check out of caring about this sport's post season atleast.

They need two more teams and a championship game, but there will never be a title game if they actually play everyone in conference, regardless of whether you agree with their decision to not give Baylor the tiebreaker. With 10 teams, a title game would always ensure a rematch, which is against the very reason conference title games exist in the first place.

I think the way to determine the truest conference champion is have everyone play everyone once. No title game and arbitrary divisions. Sometimes all the best teams are in one division and they end up playing like the 3rd, 4th or 5th best team overall just because they won a weak division.

But anyway.

The very reason conference title games exist is because of money they generate. They do nothing to prevent rematches and in fact we often get rematches in conference title games. Already getting one this year Arizona and Oregon. Plenty of examples from prior years when league title games were rematches.

I for one thing it should all just be single elimination. If the teams played once and we know the result why play them again? Say the other team wins and now they are each 1-1 against each other. What does that prove? Do we have to play a 3rd game between them then to see who really is the best? You have to leave it at one.

But the system, all these systems are getting so fucked up and away from doing things what I would call "the right way" just because of the money that is out there. Nobody in these positions that make all these decisions cares about the outcomes. They care about securing as much sponsorship, merchandise and TV revenue as possible and at the end of the day who really cares what the outcome on the field is so long as they are maximizing the money to be made. That is all.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1546006
[h=3]Tiebreaker Procedures[/h] Effective June 2014

The following procedure will determine the Big 12 Conference representative to the Sugar Bowl (or alternate College Football Playoff game when the Sugar Bowl is a semifinal) in the event of a first-place or alternate place tie (for the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process):
  1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
  1. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed team(s) in the conference (4, 5 and 6….).
    3. The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the College Football Playoff.
    4. The representative will be chosen by draw.

After K St and Baylor play and TCU plays ISU the only tie breaker needed regardless of who wins those games is their first tie breaker, a. Saying they are going to name co-champs is so chickenshit. That is the way things are these days though with just about everything. Don't want to hurt anyone by following their own predetermined rules.

and 16 teams?!?!

Ya'll think ya'll hate the SEC NOW LOL???

ARK might get the 7 seed LOL

chilllllllllll

Thank you Ole Miss for not allowing a rematch to be played in the NATIONAL Championship playoff.

Twink, does it bother you that people dislike the SEC? Kind of an underlying tone to your post.

Thank you Ole Miss for not allowing a rematch to be played in the NATIONAL Championship playoff.

Twink, does it bother you that people dislike the SEC? Kind of an underlying tone to your post.

Not at all

The tone is a joke about the SEC bias in the rankings(the alleged I should say)

I am sorry Twink. I just got finished reading the Rams thread in the NFL forum and have realized that I am racist towards the SEC because of their privileges. I vow to make myself a better person towards the SEC and change my hating ways.

I am sorry Twink. I just got finished reading the Rams thread in the NFL forum and have realized that I am racist towards the SEC because of their privileges. I vow to make myself a better person towards the SEC and change my hating ways.
:shake:

I'd be ecstatic.

does tOSU really need to get their shit pushed in again by an SEC team on the big stage. You would think they would be tired of that by now. They might consider just sticking to domination of the B1G regular season.

I have always felt that 8 was right. There are years when #5 has a legit case to being the best around, and even occasionally a couple more than that. (Baylor or TCU would make good cases this year for instance.) There just isn't enough major intra-conference scheduling to determine everything in only 11 or 12 games. With that said, there has never and will never be a year when the #9 team can be pointed to as possibly being the best. And by the time you make it down to 13-16 you can be looking at some very marginal teams who just had things happen to break their way and avoid a ton of losses. Does anyone really need to watch Missouri play more football? That is the type of team that would make it under a 16-team set-up.

People arguing against a deeper playoff format because we don't need to see what we already know will happen must be billionaire sports bettors. And against playoffs in every other division of every other sport.

By this logic, the Soviets were truly deserving of gold in Lake Placid.

Different sport tip, can play multiple games within a week and also not fear career ending injuries in every other sport. D1 football must be held at a different standard, you can't just add 3 or 4 extra games just for the sake of a bracket

Except they add those extra games at every level before and beyond D1 football.

Most of those guys don't put NFL careers on the line every week, just how it is

Neither do the vast, overwhelming majority of D1 football players.

Shouldn't the NFL players be more concerned about risking NFL careers, since they ... have NFL careers?

But D1 players are much more likely to incur or inflict life-changing injuries, they're just bigger, they don't need to play the equivalent of an NFL schedule, the game's too violent. That said the NCAA will stretch it as far as they can in the name of dollar bills.

And Gar is right anyway, you lose 2 games in the regular season, no reason you should get to play for a title. 3 game losers getting a chance would render the regular season moot.

So pretty much all regular seasons of all other sports are moot, do I have that right?

The NCAA folks patting themselves on the back for getting it "right" with 4 teams are the same who argued stridently against it for a list of lame reasons a mile long. Including final exams. So excuse my suspicion.

we could get 2 Big12 teams get in the playoffs.....could happen boys

all while they play no championship game......

man those games can make or break ya I say

Different sport tip, can play multiple games within a week and also not fear career ending injuries in every other sport. D1 football must be held at a different standard, you can't just add 3 or 4 extra games just for the sake of a bracket
good post

tip is just a ND guy, so he wants something to pull for

16 teams just absolutely diminishes the reugalr season

that is what makes CFB so great.....it is very do or die

I also don't want to see a team like Ohio St get f'ed and having to go to the 3rd string qb(or worse) by playing extra games

I still think 6 with 2 byes.......MAYBE 8, but lets fuck with 4 for the next decade and see how it goes:shake:

So pretty much all regular seasons of all other sports are moot, do I have that right?

The NCAA folks patting themselves on the back for getting it "right" with 4 teams are the same who argued stridently against it for a list of lame reasons a mile long. Including final exams. So excuse my suspicion.
you can't see the difference honestly?

do you watch regular season basketball?

I don't really....what is the point? EVERYONE gets in....what is the point of BIG MONDAY?

dont mess up CFB

ND probably benefits from this current system more than the SEC. So that doesn't wash.

I'd be more of a fan of rewarding the teams which lose just once (or not at all) if these teams played a schedule against exclusively D1. But they don't.

You guys are insane. Not playing the games takes the sport out of sport.

So we agree tip, D1 football is not a sport or a game. It's a business, then kinda an activity.

ND probably benefits from this current system more than the SEC. So that doesn't wash.

I'd be more of a fan of rewarding the teams which lose just once (or not at all) if these teams played a schedule against exclusively D1. But they don't.

You guys are insane. Not playing the games takes the sport out of sport.

I am not sure the all D1 thing will ever come....big state schools do it as a favor to smaller schools......most do it.....I know ND doesnt and USC I believe

funny thing about the folks that bitch about neutral site games when an LSU or Bama plays WV or Oregon or Wisky, there is this

[h=1]Notre Dame Fighting Irish Schedule - 2014[/h]<form class="js-goto" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;"><select class="select-box" style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); border-color: rgb(207, 207, 207); font-size: 11px; padding: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; float: right; background-color: rgb(231, 231, 231);"><option value="" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">College Football Teams</option><option value="" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">----- FBS (Division I-A) -----</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2005/air-force-falcons" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Air Force</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2006/akron-zips" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Akron</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/333/alabama-crimson-tide" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Alabama</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2026/appalachian-state-mountaineers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Appalachian State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/12/arizona-wildcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Arizona</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/9/arizona-state-sun-devils" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Arizona State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/8/arkansas-razorbacks" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Arkansas</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2032/arkansas-state-red-wolves" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Arkansas State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/349/army-black-knights" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Army</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2/auburn-tigers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Auburn</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2050/ball-state-cardinals" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Ball State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/239/baylor-bears" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Baylor</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/68/boise-state-broncos" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Boise State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/103/boston-college-eagles" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Boston College</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/189/bowling-green-falcons" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Bowling Green</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2084/buffalo-bulls" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Buffalo</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/252/byu-cougars" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">BYU</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/25/california-golden-bears" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">California</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2117/central-michigan-chippewas" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Central Michigan</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2132/cincinnati-bearcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Cincinnati</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/228/clemson-tigers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Clemson</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/38/colorado-buffaloes" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Colorado</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/36/colorado-state-rams" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Colorado State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/41/connecticut-huskies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Connecticut</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/150/duke-blue-devils" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Duke</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/151/east-carolina-pirates" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">East Carolina</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2199/eastern-michigan-eagles" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Eastern Michigan</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/57/florida-gators" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Florida</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2226/florida-atlantic-owls" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Florida Atlantic</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2229/florida-international-golden-panthers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Florida International</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/52/florida-state-seminoles" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Florida State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/278/fresno-state-bulldogs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Fresno State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/61/georgia-bulldogs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Georgia</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/290/georgia-southern-eagles" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Georgia Southern</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2247/georgia-state-panthers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Georgia State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/59/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Georgia Tech</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/62/hawaii-warriors" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Hawaii</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/248/houston-cougars" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Houston</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/70/idaho-vandals" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Idaho</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/356/illinois-fighting-illini" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Illinois</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/84/indiana-hoosiers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Indiana</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2294/iowa-hawkeyes" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Iowa</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/66/iowa-state-cyclones" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Iowa State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2305/kansas-jayhawks" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Kansas</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2306/kansas-state-wildcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Kansas State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2309/kent-state-golden-flashes" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Kent State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/96/kentucky-wildcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Kentucky</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2348/louisiana-tech-bulldogs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Louisiana Tech</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/309/louisiana-lafayette-ragin-cajuns" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Louisiana-Lafayette</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2433/louisiana-monroe-warhawks" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Louisiana-Monroe</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/97/louisville-cardinals" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Louisville</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/99/lsu-tigers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">LSU</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/276/marshall-thundering-herd" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Marshall</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/120/maryland-terrapins" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Maryland</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/113/massachusetts-minutemen" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Massachusetts</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/235/memphis-tigers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Memphis</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2390/miami-fl-hurricanes" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Miami (FL)</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/193/miami-oh-redhawks" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Miami (OH)</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/130/michigan-wolverines" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Michigan</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/127/michigan-state-spartans" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Michigan State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2393/middle-tennessee-blue-raiders" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Middle Tennessee</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/135/minnesota-golden-gophers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Minnesota</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/344/mississippi-state-bulldogs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Mississippi State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/142/missouri-tigers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Missouri</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2426/navy-midshipmen" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Navy</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/158/nebraska-cornhuskers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Nebraska</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2440/nevada-wolf-pack" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Nevada</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/167/new-mexico-lobos" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">New Mexico</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/166/new-mexico-state-aggies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">New Mexico State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/153/north-carolina-tar-heels" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">North Carolina</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/152/north-carolina-state-wolfpack" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">North Carolina State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/249/north-texas-mean-green" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">North Texas</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2459/northern-illinois-huskies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Northern Illinois</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/77/northwestern-wildcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Northwestern</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Notre Dame</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/195/ohio-bobcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Ohio</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/194/ohio-state-buckeyes" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Ohio State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/201/oklahoma-sooners" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Oklahoma</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/197/oklahoma-state-cowboys" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Oklahoma State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/295/old-dominion-monarchs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Old Dominion</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/145/ole-miss-rebels" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Ole Miss</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2483/oregon-ducks" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Oregon</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/204/oregon-state-beavers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Oregon State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/213/penn-state-nittany-lions" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Penn State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/221/pittsburgh-panthers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Pittsburgh</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2509/purdue-boilermakers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Purdue</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/242/rice-owls" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Rice</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/164/rutgers-scarlet-knights" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Rutgers</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/21/san-diego-state-aztecs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">San Diego State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/23/san-josé-st-spartans" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">San José St</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2567/smu-mustangs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">SMU</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/6/south-alabama-jaguars" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">South Alabama</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2579/south-carolina-gamecocks" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">South Carolina</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/58/south-florida-bulls" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">South Florida</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2572/southern-miss-golden-eagles" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Southern Miss</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/24/stanford-cardinal" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Stanford</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/183/syracuse-orange" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Syracuse</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2628/tcu-horned-frogs" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">TCU</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/218/temple-owls" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Temple</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2633/tennessee-volunteers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Tennessee</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/251/texas-longhorns" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Texas</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/245/texas-aggies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Texas A&M</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/326/texas-state-bobcats" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Texas State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2641/texas-tech-red-raiders" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Texas Tech</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2649/toledo-rockets" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Toledo</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2653/troy-trojans" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Troy</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2655/tulane-green-wave" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Tulane</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/202/tulsa-golden-hurricane" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Tulsa</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/5/uab-blazers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">UAB</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2116/ucf-knights" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">UCF</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/26/ucla-bruins" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">UCLA</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2439/unlv-rebels" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">UNLV</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/30/usc-trojans" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">USC</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/254/utah-utes" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Utah</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/328/utah-state-aggies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Utah State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2638/utep-miners" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">UTEP</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2636/utsa-roadrunners" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">UTSA</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/238/vanderbilt-commodores" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Vanderbilt</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/258/virginia-cavaliers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Virginia</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/259/virginia-tech-hokies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Virginia Tech</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/154/wake-forest-demon-deacons" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Wake Forest</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/264/washington-huskies" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Washington</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/265/washington-state-cougars" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Washington State</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/277/west-virginia-mountaineers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">West Virginia</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/98/western-kentucky-hilltoppers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Western Kentucky</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2711/western-michigan-broncos" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Western Michigan</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/275/wisconsin-badgers" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Wisconsin</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2751/wyoming-cowboys" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">Wyoming</option></select></form>
Year: <form class="js-goto" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13.3333330154419px; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline; background: transparent;"><select class="tablesm" style="border-color: rgb(207, 207, 207); font-size: 10px; padding: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(231, 231, 231);"> <option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/notre-dame-fighting-irish" selected="selected" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2014</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2013/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2013</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2012/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2012</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2011/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2011</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2010/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2010</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2009/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2009</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2008/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2008</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2007/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2007</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2006/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2006</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2005/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2005</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2004/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2004</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2003/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2003</option><option value="http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/year/2002/notre-dame-fighting-irish" style="color: rgb(34, 95, 178); padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 8px;">2002</option> </select></form>

• calendar_icon-2.png
    Export Calendar

[TABLE="class: tablehead, width: 756"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11.3333330154419px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: stathead"]
[TD="colspan: 4"]2014 NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH SCHEDULE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: colhead"]
[TD]DATE[/TD]
[TD]OPPONENT[/TD]
[TD]RESULT/TIME[/TD]
[TD]RECORD/TICKETS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-242"]
[TD]Sat, Aug 30[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]1-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-130"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 6[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]2-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-2509"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 13[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-183"]
[TD]Sat, Sept 27[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]4-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-24"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 4[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]5-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-153"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 11[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]6-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-52"]
[TD]Sat, Oct 18[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]6-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-2426"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 1[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-9"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 8[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-77"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 15[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-23-97"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 22[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-23-30"]
[TD]Sat, Nov 29[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]7-5[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
* Game played at neutral location.

all kinda caveats schools have here and there

and playing the Navy and Air Force is very patriotic, but cmon

we could get 2 Big12 teams get in the playoffs.....could happen boys

all while they play no championship game......

man those games can make or break ya I say

If Arizona beat Oregon they should leapfrog Baylor. Beating oregon twice will count for a lot. The committee seems to have made their mind up which Big 12 is getting in

The worst team on ND's schedule, almost every year, would be undefeated against the worst team on Ohio State's schedule.

If Arizona beat Oregon they should leapfrog Baylor. Beating oregon twice will count for a lot. The committee seems to have made their mind up which Big 12 is getting in
should and will or 2 different things

Alan I am not so sure tho, we will see alot an the inaugural year for the committe could be interesting

Back