Nov 13th-Nov 19th Weekly Discussion Thread...

Scurry questionable for Monday.

Took a Ben Simmons knee to the thigh fighting over a screen the other night.

Quinn Cook and no Curry at Dubs shoot-around.

Doubt Steph plays.

Dubs 5-9-1 ATS without Curry since the 2014 season but 1-0 SU and ATS when KD has been there.

They've slaughtered their last 6 opponents in a row.

Thing is, this team is having fun right now and it's easy for them. Great chemistry = wins.

Question tonight is simply how does Steph not being there affect the build-up etc.

Curry plays, this is a 15+ win. Why jump in front of a fast moving train ?

lake crew facing defenseless suns tonight....i watched the lakers play last week and they had no interest in playing defense, in their defense they had just traveled cross country and it took them 1.5 quarters to wake up but they still were more interested in looking for their shot....high total though

In the Suns game tonight the refs are 10-3 ATS for the Suns in home games tonight

If you had the 2h over in Phoenix...

That kinda stuff happens...

Brutal, brutal last 4 minutes. Brutal...

Brutal 4th overall except for like 2 mins.

Am I understanding this correctly? I had Cleve, NO and Suns qualifying, Suns covered, Cleve would have if they didn't score nearly 70 in the 4th and NO did not cover

Chronic lurker...for the first time in 5 years, I may actually have something pertinent to contribute:

I've been using the aforementioned betlabs system for 2h NBA Unders for a few years...here's the description:

"For NBA O/U SecondHalf wagers, what were the results when the game is played during the Regular or Postseason season and betting on the Under and the first half OU margin is between -25 and -11 and the number of first half points is between 84 and 99 and the closing total is between 96 and 113 and the home team's win percentage is between 33% and 100%"

It's 8-3-1 thus far on the season (38% ROI), but the last two plays have been losses--Wiz/Hawks on Saturday and Thunder/Mavs on Sunday.

The Lakers/Suns game last night didn't technically qualify because the 2h total closed at 113.5 (betlabs uses Pinny lines).

I'd also like to mention in my inaugural post that I miss bloodhound. I always got a charge out of his posts.

Kyrie Irving starting, Smart to the bench
1820.jpg

Kyrie Irving (face) will return to the starting lineup for Tuesday's game against the Nets, sending Marcus Smart back to the bench.

Irving will only end up missing one-game due to the facial fracture below his right eye, and he'll be donning a protective mask tonight, but that shouldn't be an issue that affects his play. Smart's minutes should hold steady despite moving back to the second unit, but Shane Larkin probably won't take the court tonight unless the game turns into a blowout. Feel free to get The Masked Man active for an extremely favorable matchup against the Nets

Chronic lurker...for the first time in 5 years, I may actually have something pertinent to contribute:

I've been using the aforementioned betlabs system for 2h NBA Unders for a few years...here's the description:

"For NBA O/U SecondHalf wagers, what were the results when the game is played during the Regular or Postseason season and betting on the Under and the first half OU margin is between -25 and -11 and the number of first half points is between 84 and 99 and the closing total is between 96 and 113 and the home team's win percentage is between 33% and 100%"

It's 8-3-1 thus far on the season (38% ROI), but the last two plays have been losses--Wiz/Hawks on Saturday and Thunder/Mavs on Sunday.

The Lakers/Suns game last night didn't technically qualify because the 2h total closed at 113.5 (betlabs uses Pinny lines).

I'd also like to mention in my inaugural post that I miss bloodhound. I always got a charge out of his posts.

I was referring to this.

Attachments

• DOhu203W4AIjDM1.jpg
    DOhu203W4AIjDM1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
Jazz/Knicks- Jazz start a 4 game road trip @ MSG, and are 0-4 otr this season so far. How do the Knicks respond after choking away a big lead vs the Cavs? They've only lost at home to the Pistons, Rockets and Cleveland, so I would be surprised to see them drop one to Utah. Porzingis off a so so game, would think Kanter owns the paint with no Gobert. Utah gonna have to go small and push tempo, Ingles & Hood will have to shoot v well. Rubio last 6 games he is 1-23 from 3 pt. line lol. I could totally see Utah jacking up 45 3 pt attempts. So WHY is this line not -5.5?

Thanks for posting...

large slate of games... few thoughts

backing the knicks is silly when you can just take KP points over 27.5 +110.... he has the matchup advantage with gobert out... team goes as KP goes imo

Leaning Miami... deeper bench and better defense imo, tough going against the wiz backcourt though

hornets get Batum back today, he should be in good shape because it was an elbow injury... hornets are 7-2-1 ats in their last 10 wed. home games but the cavs have owned them....

batum should bring much needed help on the defensive end.... the hornets are home off an 0-4 roadie and have had 4 days to fix their shit.... they should start out strong vs a cavs team that is shorthanded and relying on LeBron too much, thinking 1H and/or game

not sure what the deal is with the grizz line but lean that way....

http://www.killersports.com/nba/query?sdql=team+=+Grizzlies+and+rest+<+o:rest+and+H+and+season+>=+2015&submit=++S+D+Q+L+!++

Welcome Chip. That's a serious system you got there. I used sportsinsights for many years.

Thoughts on 11/15:
Played Utah, Spurs and ATL/Tor UNDER. Utah rates higher in my PR than most. Sometimes when a team is missing a key piece, and the rotation becomes a bit more unknown, they actually have an edge, because the opponent has no idea what to expect.
Spurs playing through injuries, but enough time has passed that the coaching should impact, and I think they play angry tonight. My pace rating both ATL and TOR as slow. Pace rate has dropped for both teams recently.

Some good post road trip opportunities coming up this week.

backing the knicks is silly when you can just take KP points over 27.5 +110.... he has the matchup advantage with gobert out... team goes as KP goes

That is why at times I hate playing props. KP had a great game that just wasn't reflected in points scored.

I am playing Knicks today.. 1 of the reasons is Toronto is off 59% shooting. Another is they have a lookahead revenge game in 2 days. Knicks substantially better ATS on 1 days rest. The refs are very orriented to road dogs, . Emkee can you break down Toronto results after 55% or greater shooting.

Raps 4-9 ATS since the 2013 season off a 55% or better shooting game.

They are 0-1 SU and ATS off a 58%+ shooting game in that period, a SU loss as a 6-point home fave vs the Hornets last season.

I actually see this game as more of a Knicks letdown though, off a comeback game vs the Jizz and prior to that a meltdown game vs the Cavs.

And NY stinks on the road and are even worse vs solid backcourts.

Do not want to talk you off a winner though like happened the other day.

Not sure they do stink on the road. Look at where they played and most of the games were very early in the season

Is Ricky Rubio worth 2 pts? When the game opened at UTA -2, their was a push that by noon had BKN -1.5. Likely knowledge of Rubio injury prior to disclosure around 3 pm moved it - but has it gone to far?

Portland should respond to the loss last night. Boston off a huge win against GSW, will play the second worst record in the league... not an easy mental spot imo... They lost ats to the Hawke the previous game and they play the Mavs after that (the worst record in the league), also probably as big favorites. My hunch that they will lose at least one of the games, at least ATS if not SU...

Total too high in Dallas...

Total kind of adjusted in Portland but still would lean under with those teams.

Back