NLCS

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
100508_lidge.jpg

Bring it, LA.

:smiley_acbe:

if Philly doesnt walk Manny everytime, they're morons. The Cubs showed a complete lack of a brains trust by not doing so.

We're screwed...might as well not even bother playing

Expert Picks

<!-- begin expert picks and simulation --> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="308"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: center;"> <td>
stark_jayson_35.jpg

Stark</td> <td>
kurkjian_tim_35.jpg

Kurkjian</td> <td>
neyer_rob_35.jpg

Neyer</td> <td>
phillips_steve_35.jpg

Phillips</td> <td>
caple_jim_35.jpg

Caple</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" style="text-align: center;"> <td>
lad.gif

4-3
</td> <td>
lad.gif

4-3
</td> <td>
phi.gif

4-3
</td> <td>
lad.gif

4-3
</td> <td>
lad.gif

4-1</td></tr></tbody></table>

You guys are so lucky. You dont know what I would give to be following my team in a playoff series. I bet the city is so hyped.

Phils fans know my pain (LA you guys have so much shit going on you cant bitch).

Royals fan since I moved there in 86 = constant pain

At least the Chiefs are solid.....

..........:36_11_6:

All I know is that I'm way way way too relaxed right now. I'm a complete basketcase with the Phillies every pitch of the regular season, and I'm not even remotely worried about this series or the WS. Very strange.

I think this will be the best and most entertaining series in the 2008 playoffs.

dodgers are getting bet down for the series, fwiw.

and check out that fukin whip action in post #6, posted by junky. manny's gonna be whippin that philly ass, jsut like he's whippin that ball in the picture.

btw...when was the last time philly won something? ;)
j/k guys. i honestly think we're in for 2 excellent series, after some lackluster ones this round.

Does anyone have any stats on how low ball hitting lefthanded bats hit right handed pitchers who like to pitch down in the zone?

Manny is going yard 3 times in this series. Dodgers win in 6

Back In Charge

Mark J. Rebilas/US Presswire
Rafael Furcal hit .333 in the Dodgers' three-game sweep of the Cubs.
Rafael Furcal was the Dodgers' best player until he was placed on the disabled list with an injury to his back in early May. Now, 4½ months later, he's back on top … in the lineup and in the clubhouse. Eric Neel

good read :shake:

If you say this isnt the catchiest song youve ever heard, youre either lying or tone deaf!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTgKb2hzhnw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTgKb2hzhnw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

covers has teams Home + Away BA splits vs lefties & righties in their match-up pages, and ESPN has such splits for each individual pitcher

Looks like this is what's going to be

Game One: LOWE (LAD)@ HAMESLS (PHILLY)

Game Two: BILLINGSLEY@ MYERS

Game Three: MOYER@ KURODA

Game Four: Blanton @ kershaw

interesting series....

i believe there is a ton of value in LAD right now, they did sweep the cubs (its not a shock of the world kinda thing but it is a one hell of an upset) and if they can beat the cubs i think they can also beat the phillies

if we look at advantages:
Batting certaily goes to LAD, they are batting and hitting really really well and manny is mr playoffs... and the dodgers team is deep... they haven't really used nomar, kent, pierre and andrew jones (did i say andru jones?, nevermind)... phillies are no pushovers but i really believe that dodgers have the hotter bats right now

Pitching: Phillies easily... they have a very slight advantage at starting pitching especially at the blanton-kershaw matchup (if it happens)... starting pitching is really a close call.... but we look at the bullpen, this is where phillies have they real advantage.... im sure everybody will take linge over broxton/saito/park anytime of the day... the key for the dodgers' pitchers is basically innings and lasting, they are in deep trouble if the starter leaves early....

tough call but i really believe that dodgers have definitely good value

jack this shit AT ANOTHER FORUM (credits the original poster)

Lowe Vs. Phils batting
Pedro Feliz 5 for 23
Jimmy Rollins 6 for 20
Pat Burrell 6 for 19
Ryan Howard 2 for 16
Matt Stairs 2 for 15
Chase Utley 5 for 14
Geoff Jenkins 2 for 12
Greg Dobbs 0 for 9
Shane Victorino 1 for 5
Jayson Werth 1 for 4
Eric Bruntlett 0 for 4
Chris Coste 1 for 4
Carlos Ruiz 0 for 2

Hamels Vs. Dodgers batting
Andruw Jones 4 for 13
Casey Blake 2 for 8
Manny Ramirez 2 for 8
Juan Pierre 2 for 6
Russell Martin 1 for 6
James Loney 1 for 6
Matt Kemp 2 for 6
Jeff Kent 0 for 6
Nomar Garciaparra 0 for 5
Andre Ethier 0 for 4

not sure id take blanton over kershaw. the kid turned it on the past month.

also, hong chih kuo might be coming back which would be a huge boost to the bullpen.

its gonna be a great series.

I hope the Dodgers think its gonna be as easy as he does...

No one givin the Fightins a shot

yet the Fightins won 8 more games with a more difficult schedule and outscored LA by 16 runs in their matchups. PHILADELPHIA MUTHER FUCKING FREEDOM I'M SO DRUNK I LOVE THE PHILS PLEASE DON'T LET ME DOWN THIS YEAR.ONE TIME1`1111

Didnt you hear?

The Dodgers have the most potent lineup in the history of baseball now

Reminds me of Mets fans before the year when their pitching was gonna be so dominant...

Unfortunately for them Johan couldnt pitch every inning...

And unfortunately for the Dodgers, Manny cant take every at bat...

Though if you listened to ESPN, youd be excused for thinking otherwise

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDZAnnzkJF0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDZAnnzkJF0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back