NLCS Discussion: Nats vs Cards

Pressure is on the Cards today in Game 1.

If Sanchez holds up and the Nats win, they can afford to make the decision to throw Corbin in Game 2 since he’s only thrown what amounts to 2 bullpen sessions since Game 1 of the NLDS. You face Corbin in Game 2 who’s better than any Cards pitcher, and then you face the prospect of rested Scherzer and Strasburg at home in Games 3 and 4.

I kinda think tonight is a must win for the Cards - if they lose this could turn into a sweep. Their lineup isn’t better, they’re starting pitching is worlds apart from the Nats, and the bullpens seem to matter a lot less with how Davey is using guys.

I generally expect the Nats to win this series with ease, and wouldn’t be too stunned if this were a sweep.

Looks like Scherzer Game 2 and Corbin Game 4, honestly doesn’t change much in terms of Game 1 importance though.

I like the way the Cards rotation is setup. Getting Waino at home and Flaherty for 3/7. I know Martinez stunk against ATL but what about Nats pen? They're scared to use anyone in a big spot except Doolittle and Hudson and their starters.

I think Mikolas is a big key. If he stinks they get beat and he has been so unpredictable this year.

I feel perfectly confident waino will win gm2 if cards lose tonight. Feel like more important for nats tonight. And flaherty is as good as any pitcher nats have so dunno how Corbin better than him? Although Corbin actually prob be toughest of nats acrs on cards with that slider:

I feel perfectly confident waino will win gm2 if cards lose tonight. Feel like more important for nats tonight. And flaherty is as good as any pitcher nats have so dunno how Corbin better than him? Although Corbin actually prob be toughest of nats acrs on cards with that slider:

Flaherty is objectively worse before even factoring in that he’s a young pitcher logging consistently deep taxing outings for the first time in his major league career right now.

As a Yankee fan who always feels good about Tanaka I hear you on Wainwright, but there won’t be a ton to feel great about facing Scherzer tomorrow.

Ok. Not one pitcher been better than flaherty in second half of season, objectively. Hang your hat on guys that have done nothing tho.

Good thing he threw 100 pitches with a double digit lead

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic about his misuse or sarcastic that the innings he threw in game 5 weren’t stressful.

Saying good luck with guys that have done nothing, when Flaherty too has done nothing by that same standard, is not a way to convince me that he’s better than any of the Nats big 3.

Back