NL Wild Card Round Discussion Thread

I’d guess that Cubs will be heavy favorites in both games (200+) and imagine Reds be very small dogs in G1 (think Reds are absolutely built for this 3 game series - Braves dont have the pitching)

It looks like the first round games are all scheduled consecutively, 3 days in a row. Starters that pitch well and go deep will be even more of a premium. Im guessing most managers wont run the best bullpen guys 3 days in a row.

How in gods name did the NL central get 4 teams in? Lmfao. San Fran and Philly must have really choked the last week?!???

I’d guess that Cubs will be heavy favorites in both games (200+) and imagine Reds be very small dogs in G1 (think Reds are absolutely built for this 3 game series - Braves dont have the pitching)

oh Braves are toast once again! I was really hoping cardinals would get them cause think Braves pitchers the only team in playoffs we might be able to score runs against!

can’t wait to see pitching matchups in Chicago. Ya’ll got a tough draw, fish can pitch! Please tell me it cooling off up there and wind blowing in?!!!

Cardinals have little to no chance. Even in a 3 game series! Cards fairly easy to figure out, if they can score 4 runs they pretty tough to beat. Problem is scoring 4 runs incredibly tough for them!

What going on with pads? I heard clevenger is hurt? That sucks for them. Who gonna start game 1? Im assuming it will be flaherty game 1 for us. He has not been same guy this year but I’d expect him to be pretty good.

oh Braves are toast once again! I was really hoping cardinals would get them cause think Braves pitchers the only team in playoffs we might be able to score runs against!

can’t wait to see pitching matchups in Chicago. Ya’ll got a tough draw, fish can pitch! Please tell me it cooling off up there and wind blowing in?!!!

Oh yeah. High of mid-50s all week. Saw Cubs got a 1 pm first pitch Wednesday. Working from home so may just have to sneak off down to Wrigleyville that afternoon to catch the game

Interesting matchups. Reds are getting a lot of respect and I like it.Braves are notorious chokers. Oddly though if Atlanta prevails then I think they have a clear shot at the NLCS.

Dodgers finally got a break in the playoffs. I can't think of a better opponent than the Brewers for a 2 out of 3.

Interesting matchups. Reds are getting a lot of respect and I like it.Braves are notorious chokers. Oddly though if Atlanta prevails then I think they have a clear shot at the NLCS.

Dodgers finally got a break in the playoffs. I can't think of a better opponent than the Brewers for a 2 out of 3.
Agree

And then potentially a Padres team without 2 of their top 3 starters.

Not sure how the hell the brewers even got in? Obviously giants and phillies had to choke big time! Lol. Dodgers don’t even have to use their top starting pitchers to win this series. Only thing brewers got going is some nasty guys in the pen, if they could manage to get a lead it be tough to come back on them, dunno how they score tho?

Clev is for sure out. Lamet got hurt as well but haven’t seen a confirmation for a timeline for him yet.

is clevenger gone for season? I heard something about getting a second opinion, that never good. So much for my pads future I played at beginning of year (along with several other long shots) I was loving that after they made those moves! I don’t hate my reds ticket tho, They looking lot more like the team we thought they could be lately. Reds have won their last 5 series! Love their chances against braves.

Not sure how the hell the brewers even got in? Obviously giants and phillies had to choke big time! Lol. Dodgers don’t even have to use their top starting pitchers to win this series. Only thing brewers got going is some nasty guys in the pen, if they could manage to get a lead it be tough to come back on them, dunno how they score tho?

Phillies and Giants should be embarrassed. The Phillies had a prolonged choke while the Giants lost numerous games in the final week that should have been in the bag. Brewer lineup just doesn't hit like they used to.

As much as the Brewers suck they would have had a chance if they had Burnes to go with Woodruff. This expanded playoffs is a joke. With this 60 game season its fine but they plan on keeping this setup.

I hate laying big odds but the Dodgers -310 series price may just be too good to pass up. The Brewers could easily lose the two games and not score a run in the series.

Phillies and Giants should be embarrassed. The Phillies had a prolonged choke while the Giants lost numerous games in the final week that should have been in the bag. Brewer lineup just doesn't hit like they used to.

The Brewers played 8 games the last week of the season and never scored more than 3 runs. Not only is this not a usual Brewers lineup its as bad as any lineup in the sport.

The Phillies ownership should fire both Klentak and MacPhail.

let’s be real here, every one of pads starters capable of limiting cards to 1-2 runs for 6+ innings. If I was them I’d worry bout setting my pitching up for 2nd round! Lol

Three days off between rounds 1 and 2, so no need for that. Pads haven't been hitting much either. Seems a common theme for a lot of teams.

The Brewers played 8 games the last week of the season and never scored more than 3 runs. Not only is this not a usual Brewers lineup its as bad as any lineup in the sport.

The Phillies ownership should fire both Klentak and MacPhail.

surely you watched cards the last 5 days. We not about to let anyone say their lineup worse than ours!!

Marlins are 4-1 in their last five playoff road games and 7-2 in their last nine playoff games. Miami is 6-2 in the last eight playoff games as an underdog and 10-26 in the last 36 Wednesday games
Cubs are 22-6 in their last 28 during game one of a series and 9-3 in their last 12 games after an off day. Chicago is 1-4 in their last five playoff home games and 10-4 in their last 14 playoff home games as a favorite

Back