NL Wild Card Round Discussion Thread

The NL Central having 4 playoff teams when each one of them sucks shows how much of a joke this playoff setup is with 8 teams in each league.

castillo shakes off the slider. barnhart puts it down again. rbi double. when a pitcher shakes off a sign, the catcher needs to listen.

The Reds can't score at all. The NL Central top to bottom was the most pitiful hitting division that I can remember.

Agreed. Hitting was Terrible. Also, if you read about the Reds scoring...most of it was from HRs...so teams with pitchers that can limit HRs will almost shut out the reds or keep their scoring low.

Agreed. Hitting was Terrible. Also, if you read about the Reds scoring...most of it was from HRs...so teams with pitchers that can limit HRs will almost shut out the reds or keep their scoring low.
Disappointing to see them struggle like this. I didn't watch his every AB but Votto to me was looking for Ball 4 more than driving balls. Disappointed in this series

Looks like I am rooting for the Padres to win tonight or I'll have to miss the Cubs game since it'll be at 6 pm tomorrow night if there are no other games.

Something to keep an eye on moving forward. Kenley Jansen did not look right at all last night. He only hit over 90 mph once in his appearance and it was 91. There was zero pop in his arm. He missed right over the plate several times and the Brewers hitters flat out couldnt connect. Professionals wont miss like that very often.

Something to keep an eye on moving forward. Kenley Jansen did not look right at all last night. He only hit over 90 mph once in his appearance and it was 91. There was zero pop in his arm. He missed right over the plate several times and the Brewers hitters flat out couldnt connect. Professionals wont miss like that very often.

Absolutely no doubt at all. If Yelich wasn't a scrub this season he would have crushed what Jansen was throwing. The Dodgers are going to be a good fade at some point at plus money.

Happy No Reds Friday! Can't believe Cards were able to save Flaherty for G3. Gonna be a huge advantage for them.

I can't believe they have scored so many runs. The Padres pitching must be worse than I thought even with the expected Davies shellacking.

I understand JHey's glove.. but for a team that continually has problems scoring in general, why does this moron continually find his way into the line up? I am so sick of this team favoring these clubhouse guys.

Back