Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Caleb Williams

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

rambler882

Head of the Justin Fields Fan Club
Quite a bit of debate occurring in Chicago here around this. I personally see it as a coin flip. I see Fields as Hurts 2.0 but is closing in on a big contract… can the Bears surround him with talent? A trade back expedites the timeline because of added draft capital plus helps future proof.

Maye or Caleb, to me, will be as good as or better than Fields in time but is it worth pushing back the window another 2 years? Always the chance of a Stroud-like energence but cant assume.

Ok CTG brain trust, youre the GM, what do you do? Also love Maye v Caleb debate.

I wondered just today if Chicago and NO swapped QBs this year how it may look…Taysom and Fields together in the backfield…

I wondered just today if Chicago and NO swapped QBs this year how it may look…Taysom and Fields together in the backfield…
Yea this CHI team is not good talent wise in total. Offense is Fields and Moore… not shit else so if they focus on offense in draft plus get some defense in FA (loaded there but no O really)… there is a reality of a huge jump.

They could end up with Harrison and if trade up with their pick to 6-8 and nab Alt or Fushauna … then another 2 WR in draft itll boost the team quite a bit.

If you opt for Maye or Williams, you’re also trading Fields. What do you think you get in return? Two years of team control remaining, which is attractive.

I've never been a fan of building an offense around a running quarterback. QB is most important position on the field for any sport. More times the QB is running, more time he gets hit, more chance of injury. Yeah, they are exciting to watch. I loved Vick. Cunningham was fun to watch as well. But they never won anything.
Look at the list of super bowl champions and you see zero running QB's. Yeah, Mahomes is a versatile scrambler, but not a runner. Caleb Williams is in that mold, and who I'd much prefer to build a team around. Going back 30 years or so I would see what I qualify as 2 1/2 running QB's in the super bowl. Cam Newton, made it once, since then, nothing. Hurts last year made it, we'll see going forward. Steve McNair made it once and then nothing (he is 1/2 a runner as he had 100 carry season). Most all running QB's have their careers cut short, some signifcantly (RG3).
So, if it were me, I'd definitely trade Fields for some assets and grab Williams or Maye, whomever you prefer. Defense and QB's are winning formulas, imho.

I've never been a fan of building an offense around a running quarterback. QB is most important position on the field for any sport. More times the QB is running, more time he gets hit, more chance of injury. Yeah, they are exciting to watch. I loved Vick. Cunningham was fun to watch as well. But they never won anything.
Look at the list of super bowl champions and you see zero running QB's. Yeah, Mahomes is a versatile scrambler, but not a runner. Caleb Williams is in that mold, and who I'd much prefer to build a team around. Going back 30 years or so I would see what I qualify as 2 1/2 running QB's in the super bowl. Cam Newton, made it once, since then, nothing. Hurts last year made it, we'll see going forward. Steve McNair made it once and then nothing (he is 1/2 a runner as he had 100 carry season). Most all running QB's have their careers cut short, some signifcantly (RG3).
So, if it were me, I'd definitely trade Fields for some assets and grab Williams or Maye, whomever you prefer. Defense and QB's are winning formulas, imho.

Well there aren’t a lot of running QBs, and they‘re rather a recent phenomenon, so this is a tough condition to fill, but you just had a running QB make the Super Bowl and nearly win it. Logically I don’t get why a running quarterback should be precluded from winning a SB. Yards are yards. Fields can also throw the ball, he keeps improving as a passer. I think he‘d really benefit from having another good receiver in addition to DJ Moore

If you opt for Maye or Williams, you’re also trading Fields. What do you think you get in return? Two years of team control remaining, which is attractive.
2nd rd pick and either a future 3rd or 4th is what most project. I think it is light, but fair to be conservative imo

I don't know why teams when they choose a fringe starter/question mark like Fields still feel the need to have to pay him big money when it is due.

I would sit down with Fields and say - 100 million / 5 years with some incentives on top. If he accepts that you can build your team around a cheap QB. If he says no, I want a 250 million contract when my time comes like everyone else then you say goodbye.

He hasn't proven to be elite - let him hit the market and get premium back up pay as a FA.

I don't know why teams when they choose a fringe starter/question mark like Fields still feel the need to have to pay him big money when it is due.

I would sit down with Fields and say - 100 million / 5 years with some incentives on top. If he accepts that you can build your team around a cheap QB. If he says no, I want a 250 million contract when my time comes like everyone else then you say goodbye.

He hasn't proven to be elite - let him hit the market and get premium back up pay as a FA.
Right. I chose drafting a QB, mostly because of the salary cap impact.

Also, on the potential trade returns, shouldn’t it say something that other teams are willing to give up more for the QB in the draft than they are for Fields? There are 31 other teams telling you which is the better option.

Or another spot. He could do a Baker Mayfield thing…with wayyy more upside.
I’d still like to see him with weapons

Even if Williams is just as good as Fields, it is a better situation to have Williams/Maye on a rookie deal. This doesn't even include the blowback of if Williams becomes a star and Chicago passed on him.

Even if Williams is just as good as Fields, it is a better situation to have Williams/Maye on a rookie deal. This doesn't even include the blowback of if Williams becomes a star and Chicago passed on him.

Exactly. Which is why Fields reps have to know he’s not going to get a huge deal in FA. He would have to prove it in a new system and likely on a bad team. I would offer him 50/4 with some incentives.

Any chance they keep Fields and draft Williams? I personally would not, but if they can’t find the right trade partner Fields - and they want Williams - that might be better than making a bad trade. They could always trade one of them later.

Any chance they keep Fields and draft Williams? I personally would not, but if they can’t find the right trade partner Fields - and they want Williams - that might be better than making a bad trade. They could always trade one of them later.
nah, they wouldnt because of what they could get for Fields in return which is at least a 2nd rd'r

nah, they wouldnt because of what they could get for Fields in return which is at least a 2nd rd'r

I don’t think so. Lance had a few solid games as a rookie before getting hurt and the Cowboys reached for him with a 4. If it’s a 2 it’s a late 2. What team would go after him as their starter? Would have to be a Baker type situation for maybe a year or a gap thing.

I don’t think so. Lance had a few solid games as a rookie before getting hurt and the Cowboys reached for him with a 4. If it’s a 2 it’s a late 2. What team would go after him as their starter? Would have to be a Baker type situation for maybe a year or a gap thing.
ATL is the primary and most publications have the price for Fields as a 2nd + future 3rd at a minimum.

Fields is significantly better than Lance. Good enough summary of top landings spots:

ATL is the primary and most publications have the price for Fields as a 2nd + future 3rd at a minimum.

Fields is significantly better than Lance. Good enough summary of top landings spots:

Be shocked if anyone gives a 2 only to have to pay him soon, too. He’s just not accurate enough, misses basic throws, like the easiest of easy, etc. super athlete but I know for certain he wouldn’t have ever sniffed the field if he was a 9er and Lance did and played decent as a 20 year old rookie.

Be shocked if anyone gives a 2 only to have to pay him soon, too. He’s just not accurate enough, misses basic throws, like the easiest of easy, etc. super athlete but I know for certain he wouldn’t have ever sniffed the field if he was a 9er and Lance did and played decent as a 20 year old rookie.
Yea, lots of qbs do that. Hes also a dynamic runner, in an awful offense, and has taken over games running//throwing. He is essily worth a 2nd

While alot of fingers being pointed at Fields what became insanely obvious with this team yesterday…

Awful OC - shit play calling / schemes entire season
Awful OL - pressure rate was 30%+ thru 3rd
Awful WR - no one ever open… moore neutralized

FA has no WR or LT. Unless offered something insane I do see Bears going QB. Would take 2-3 1sts and a pro bowler like Crosby or WR like London in a package.

Back