***NFL PLAYOFFS - All Sports - Golden Globes In-Game ***

ya but the 30 is American so at 20-1 value ... 600 million vs 500 Million

lol thats how it works

I always love that the Superbowl is the biggest game in the world when a soccer game probably gets more viewers every weekend

lol thats how it works

I always love that the Superbowl is the biggest game in the world when a soccer game probably gets more viewers every weekend
that's why advertisers are tripping over themselves to run commercials for soccer games

smh

I'll never forget the excitement when I saw my first goal. Pretty much because it was the last one I saw.

ill admit I still watch, and will always but its a poor product at this point. They've become too big to fail, and that's made them comfortable

I see this or something similar posted here quite often. Doesn't make sense. Today's NFL has better athletes as a whole than any other time in history. There are at least 5 all time best QBs playing the game right now. What's your complaint? You don't like Goodell?

I see this or something similar posted here quite often. Doesn't make sense. Today's NFL has better athletes as a whole than any other time in history. There are at least 5 all time best QBs playing the game right now. What's your complaint? You don't like Goodell?

not the players, sure Goodell and officiating

mate your 500m couldnt be close

380m watched the last CL final

dunno about the CL final - I was specifically referring to this game Atl Mardid vs Barca

P - that's funny you say don't let the facts get in the way? OK fine, I was wrong, 380 million. Thats 260 million then any Superbowl has ever gotten.

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
#Packers alumni being introduced before the game. Santana Dotson comes out in short sleeves. Awesome.

i went up there to Lambeau once in 2007 to see them beat my Raiders heads in. Anyway it was like 13 degrees for that game in December. I'll never forget how much the crowd and the home team embraced that weather. The PA announcer comes on before the introductions and screams ITS PACKER WEATHER.

They love it.

dunno about the CL final - I was specifically referring to this game Atl Mardid vs Barca

P - that's funny you say don't let the facts get in the way? OK fine, I was wrong, 380 million. Thats 260 million then any Superbowl has ever gotten.

ya if CL final is getting 380m than Barca/Atleti isnt getting 500m

They wussified the sport. far less individuality from team to team too. That is to say most of the teams are running the same shit. The rule changes are an atrocity, roughing the passer, intentional grounding outside the pocket, defenseless player, pass interference, illegal contact, defensive holding, and on and on and on .. the game itself is a shell of its former self. The athletes are great .. I think the game itself is played at a very high level by the players but the game isn't the same. Hence the product isn't that great. And when I say that .... I sort of mean that from a comparative basis. If you grew up watching todays football it would be awesome because football still is awesome .... but if you watched in in the eighties and then watch it now .. it's tough not to think the game has suffered a ton. A lot of it is for player safety and I get that ... but that doesn't change the fact the game has changed. Ronnie Lott was a hall of fame player .. he would be suspended for the year after two weeks in todays league.

Everything they are doing with rules is necessary for the longevity of the league. They have to save these guys from themselves.

not even talking about personal fouls actually but since you bring it up thats another thing. We've seen on replays that almost half these calls are probably wrong. They are also skewed vs the defense player. An offensive player can lower his helmet, but the defensive player gets the flag. Questionable pass interference's, non calls, calls, defense holding. No consistency whatsoever. It's what the norm is. Longevity of the league? Don't have Thursday games and and don't expend the season/playoffs. Only thing that concerns them is $ and mom's perception

If a 1979 Browns-Steelers game were time machined to today, all the players would be kicked out by halftime and they'd cancel the game.

They wussified the sport. far less individuality from team to team too. That is to say most of the teams are running the same shit. The rule changes are an atrocity, roughing the passer, intentional grounding outside the pocket, defenseless player, pass interference, illegal contact, defensive holding, and on and on and on .. the game itself is a shell of its former self. The athletes are great .. I think the game itself is played at a very high level by the players but the game isn't the same. Hence the product isn't that great. And when I say that .... I sort of mean that from a comparative basis. If you grew up watching todays football it would be awesome because football still is awesome .... but if you watched in in the eighties and then watch it now .. it's tough not to think the game has suffered a ton. A lot of it is for player safety and I get that ... but that doesn't change the fact the game has changed. Ronnie Lott was a hall of fame player .. he would be suspended for the year after two weeks in todays league.

Every sport has evolved in that way though. I mean look at the NBA, it's nearly unwatchable now with today's rules. I still wouldn't call it a bad product. I'm still highly entertained by it. Especially NFL, there just isn't anything on earth like it. You can say it's not like it used to be but I'm not sure I can get behind calling it a bad product.

And by the way, Ronnie Lott would survive just fine. Look at the Seahawks defense. You can put that defense into the 70s or 80s right now and they'd fit right in.

I only watch the NFL at this point because everyone else does. If they pulled it off TV tomorrow I wouldn't miss it one bit. I think that the NFL will decline soon, the way that boxing did

I only watch the NFL at this point because everyone else does. If they pulled it off TV tomorrow I wouldn't miss it one bit. I think that the NFL will decline soon, the way that boxing did
now you are just trolling

you only watch because everyone else does? ok.

not gonna decline for a long time. Nothing is even close in the states.

Peyton Manning wouldn't last five games in the seventies on those giraffe legs.

Every sport has evolved in that way though. I mean look at the NBA, it's nearly unwatchable now with today's rules. I still wouldn't call it a bad product. I'm still highly entertained by it. Especially NFL, there just isn't anything on earth like it. You can say it's not like it used to be but I'm not sure I can get behind calling it a bad product.

It's like losing cable tv though. TV might still be awesome with just the networks but after experiencing cable tv it would be hard to not slam the television product. I tried to say that I think football is still awesome... just saying comparatively it sucks. And I admit that I might have been lucky enough to grow up in the golden age of sports in America. NBA, CBB, CFB, NFL and MLB were just far superior then as a viewing fan compared to now. And don't get me started on Hockey which probably has the biggest disparity between then and now.... so much so I went from watching nhl about every night when I wasn't at a local IHL game to never watching it now ... not even during the Stanley cup. They absolutely ruined that sport by taking on Olympic/euro hockey replacing Canadian/North American Hockey.

I also think that the equipment and skill in Tennis has hurt that game, eliminating rallies. Wish they would limit the equipment and raise the net a little, not much .. maybe an inch.

I am enjoying modern soccer .....

Back