***NFL In-Game Thread***

If rules were consistent, it wud be a TD the millisecond ball crosses goal line with possession

Bad interpretation. Henry didn't lose control when the ball touched the ground. He lost control after and then the ball didn't touch the ground.

I hate that its a td as soon as it breaks the plane for a RB but what Henry did there isn't.
Because a running back has possession but a receiver doesn’t have possession until he‘s secured the catch but Henry didn‘t catch it (hence it wasn’t a fumble)

Bad interpretation. Henry didn't lose control when the ball touched the ground. He lost control after and then the ball didn't touch the ground.
Then what caused him to lose control? The ground jarred the ball loose because he never had sufficient control to call it a catch, hence it wasn’t a fumble

I understand the rule, I'm just saying I don't like it.
But it would be too easy to get touchdowns, a wide receiver would just have to manipulate the ball over the goal line whatever happens afterwards be damned, it would be like alley oops. Receivers should have to catch the ball

Then what caused him to lose control? The ground jarred the ball loose because he never had sufficient control to call it a catch, hence it wasn’t a fumble
He lost control because his body hit the ground, not because the ball hit the ground.

Wtf is a defensive back supposed to do when receiver moves like that…how is db even supposed to see that wr will drop it. Such stupid pussy bullshit fucking refs

But the ball hits the ground then wobbles
HIs hand was under the ball. His hand hit the ground, he still had two hand control. His body hit the ground and he started to roll. That's when he loses control. But from the time he loses control to when he regains control the ball never hits the ground. I think by the rule's intent that's a catch. I don't think they want the ground to help a non-catch look like a catch, which is what we see overturned a dozen times a week. I don't think they applied the rules right here.

HIs hand was under the ball. His hand hit the ground, he still had two hand control. His body hit the ground and he started to roll. That's when he loses control. But from the time he loses control to when he regains control the ball never hits the ground. I think by the rule's intent that's a catch. I don't think they want the ground to help a non-catch look like a catch, which is what we see overturned a dozen times a week. I don't think they applied the rules right here.

He basically bounced the ball up to himself.

You guys been talking about a review for 20 mins lol.

It's the NFL, you know better.

Odd too, Patriots usually get the benefit of the calls.

Back