NFL Coaching Changes

Hopefully you're never so desperate as to need a job and Leftwich certainly isn't. Interview should be a two way street regardless the level of job, think if any candidate is afraid to ask questions of an employer they're probably going to be too timid at the job as well. Interview the interviewer.
Thats all well and good but the Jacksonville job is a good one if you believe in Lawrence. The division has all sorts of uncertainty with the QBs and Lawrence certainly has the biggest upside in that division. Now Leftwich is going back to a Tampa team with no Brady and the likelihood that he isn't a hot commodity next offseason.

Thats all well and good but the Jacksonville job is a good one if you believe in Lawrence. The division has all sorts of uncertainty with the QBs and Lawrence certainly has the biggest upside in that division. Now Leftwich is going back to a Tampa team with no Brady and the likelihood that he isn't a hot commodity next offseason.
They could go 0-17 and he'll still be plenty hot, I'm not buying on Tampa sucking ruining his chances. Hell he made Josh Rosen look competent at times as an interim OC.

Guys from shitty teams get jobs all the time, and that's assuming TB is actually shitty. Guess I know your stance on their offense next season but I'm not that quick to judge with Arians and Leftwich if he's still there. They'll at least have a competent QB.

They could go 0-17 and he'll still be plenty hot, I'm not buying on Tampa sucking ruining his chances. Hell he made Josh Rosen look competent at times as an interim OC.

Guys from shitty teams get jobs all the time, and that's assuming TB is actually shitty. Guess I know your stance on their offense next season but I'm not that quick to judge with Arians and Leftwich if he's still there. They'll at least have a competent QB.
Good luck finding that competent QB and I disagree that Leftwich will be a hot commodity if Tampa has a bad offense next season.

What's your guys feeling on Harbaugh? Michigan fans devastated obviously but wonder what non Michigan fans think. Will he do well in pros?

What's your guys feeling on Harbaugh? Michigan fans devastated obviously but wonder what non Michigan fans think. Will he do well in pros?
I think by now we know what he is and thats a pretty good coach with a limited ceiling. He's good enough to win some in the NFL but his outdated offenses make it a tough hill to climb to win a championship.

If I were him I would prefer the Minnesota job. They have a better roster and at least a serviceable QB. Harbaugh probably isn't winning a championship with Cousins but he sure as hell isn't doing it with Tua.

The question I have is where does Michigan go if he bolts? Fickell should be the first option but I wonder if an Ohio guy like him would ever entertain coaching at Michigan. Laugh if you want but Urban would be a great hire but thats not happening.

Last edited:
I think Minny is one of the worst teams in the league. Old, cap hell, locked into Cousins who I don’t hate but just a boring job with no flexibility.

Miami seems a lot more fun with picks galore next few years and 70 million in cap space.

I think Minny is one of the worst teams in the league. Old, cap hell, locked into Cousins who I don’t hate but just a boring job with no flexibility.

Miami seems a lot more fun with picks galore next few years and 70 million in cap space.
Think Cousins is on the last year of that deal, hell he's even rumored as being one to move elsewhere in trade

These NFL jobs are desirable when the QB is in place. Think Saban may have stuck around if they had acquired Brees and not Culpepper.

He signs with Minnesota tomorrow. It's done.
And trades Cousins to Philly or Tampa? This is really where shit gets thrown against the wall to see if it sticks if he is hired. Can't see him wanting his first year with the org attached to Kirk.

And trades Cousins to Philly or Tampa? This is really where shit gets thrown against the wall to see if it sticks if he is hired. Can't see him wanting his first year with the org attached to Kirk.
This is the oddest part of everything.

His preferred GM didn't go to Vegas so that's why that fell apart most likely.

This is the oddest part of everything.

His preferred GM didn't go to Vegas so that's why that fell apart most likely.
Which is weird because Raiders guys are saying that Davis wanted to make a combo hire, and did with Ziegler/McDaniels

He asked everyone he interviewed who they viewed as an ideal coach/gm if they got the job

Something gonna come out eventually why that didnt happen with tidy box and vegas

Listening to the Eberflus presser, this is really bad. Bears made a terrible choice. He says that Gary Pinkel was his mentor. I guess Eberflus met Pinkel at Toledo and then followed him.

I think by now we know what he is and thats a pretty good coach with a limited ceiling. He's good enough to win some in the NFL but his outdated offenses make it a tough hill to climb to win a championship.

If I were him I would prefer the Minnesota job. They have a better roster and at least a serviceable QB. Harbaugh probably isn't winning a championship with Cousins but he sure as hell isn't doing it with Tua.

The question I have is where does Michigan go if he bolts? Fickell should be the first option but I wonder if an Ohio guy like him would ever entertain coaching at Michigan. Laugh if you want but Urban would be a great hire but thats not happening.
Pre-grab ass gate and the Jax debacle I could see it happening. He's damaged goods, someone slimy is the only person left that will hire him.

If you actually think Leftwich is one bad season away from not being on anyone's radar, I can't buy that you like anyone to be a head coach at this point.

If you actually think Leftwich is one bad season away from not being on anyone's radar, I can't buy that you like anyone to be a head coach at this point.
He may still be on the short list next offseason but he will never be a hotter commodity than he is now unless he somehow works miracles with Trask or whoever they bring in. The chances that he gets a better QB to work with than Lawrence are not good at all.

I don't see many obvious candidates out there which was why I had no feelings one way or the other when the Jets hired Saleh last offseason. Its was a completely underwhelming choice but I didn't see anythig else that looked all that great as an alternative.

Reactions: KJ
I don't see many obvious candidates out there which was why I had no feelings one way or the other when the Jets hired Saleh last offseason. Its was a completely underwhelming choice but I didn't see anythig else that looked all that great as an alternative.
Let's be honest, Urban was the splash hire last season and it was glorious all year

Let's be honest, Urban was the splash hire last season and it was glorious all year
I have no problem swinging for the fences. Its better than hiring the defensive coordinator of the moment as the Jets have mostly done. The only coaches they have hired with any offensive background in the last 20 plus years were Rich Kotite and Adam Gase which were both disasters.

If the Jets had hired Urban I would have been excited because at the very least there was potential upside. Heck Bill Parcells was the only coach the Jets have had in the last 30 years that was a legitimate coach and even he fucked the Jets by telling the Mannings that he wouldn't pick Peyton.

As usual I turned this into a Jets subject when they aren't even involved in this years carousel.

Thats an extremely underwhelming hire which goes with the rest of this offseason hires.
There are years where the "analysts" will say it's a strong draft class or weak draft class, etc. I think this year's coaching candidates are extremely weak. I said it when they fired Zimmer that he had to go, but I'm not sure there is a candidate that's necessarily a better coach. I wanted Demeco and I guess Harbaugh would have been an upgrade, but beyond that it's below average IMO.

There are years where the "analysts" will say it's a strong draft class or weak draft class, etc. I think this year's coaching candidates are extremely weak. I said it when they fired Zimmer that he had to go, but I'm not sure there is a candidate that's necessarily a better coach. I wanted Demeco and I guess Harbaugh would have been an upgrade, but beyond that it's below average IMO.
Think you'll do well just having an offensive mind in charge as opposed to Mr Predictable the last bunch of years

Demeco probably has as much to do with the Niners defense being good as Saleh did which apparently isn't much since the Jets had the worst defense in the league under this supposed mastermind. The Niners have the players but the scheme is nothing special.

Back