NFL Coaching Changes

Isn‘t there some history of head coaches pinning their failures on personnel/gm issues in order to garner additional head coaching gigs?

Its his decision to make and I understand if he doesn't want to work for Baalke but if I owned a team I am not giving a first time head coach the job of choosing his own GM. These job offers don't come around that often and Leftwich is taking a chance that he will have other opportunities. He should probably bail now before he has to coach an offense without Brady and if the Tampa offense sputters next season he isn't getting any offers next offseason.

I understand it the owners right to say that. I still rather take that chance and go back to being oc than failing with a guy I know won’t give me a winning roster and that be the only chance I ever got. If I’m going for my dream I’m damn sure not gonna let it be fucjed cause some idiot who can’t do his job. I’ll go ahead and believe I’ll continue being good enough to get a different and better chance where hopefully a competent gm hires me!!

Everyone thought Flores was going to have his choice of jobs and now he may not be getting any of them.

All cause he took a job with a garbage gm who sabotaged him. Now they spinning it like he a attitude problem and probably other things that wouldn’t go over real well if said in public about why he has it. Bet he wishes he woulda held out to work for the guy smart enough to see Tua was a slight kid with limitations while Hebert was the entire package!!

To tell ya the truth I think saying Leftwhich doesn’t have that right to say he don’t wanna work for a incompetent gm Is the equivalent of “know your place and be grateful boy”. I see mcdaniels brought a gm with him. What has he done Leftwich hadnt? Oh that right, totally screwed a franchise over by throwing a job back after excepting it! Didn’t he fail once in Denver already also??

Last edited:
All cause he took a job with a garbage gm who sabotaged him. Now they spinning it like he a attitude problem and probably other things that wouldn’t go over real well if said in public about why he has it. Bet he wishes he woulda held out to work for the guy smart enough to see Tua was a slight kid with limitations while Hebert was the entire package!!

To tell ya the truth I think saying Leftwhich doesn’t have that right to say he don’t wanna work for a incompetent gm Is the equivalent of “know your place and be grateful boy”. I see mcdaniels brought a gm with him. What has he done Leftwich hadnt? Oh that right, totally screwed a franchise over by throwing a job back after excepting it! Didn’t he fail once in Denver already also??
I don't think McDaniels should have been able to pick his own GM either. Established winning coaches are the only ones that should be allowed to have any say in who the GM is. As for Leftwich he has every right to not want to work with Baalke but as a potential first time head coach he should not be able to hand pick the GM.

But mcdaniels did get to pick his. All I’m saying is leftwich has a right to tell them he won’t work with someone and let them decide. My guess is he prob has a great reason not to wanna work for a gm that has fired multiple coaches and thought hiring urban Meyer was a good Fuckin idea. I’d like to hope maybe if I pointed it out to the owner he might see the light! If not fuck him, let his franchise continue to rot in incompetence! If another chance never comes then I know they wernt playing fair but I’m not gonna go out like a bitch with some loser gm making me look bad in my only chance!

I gotta say maybe If you are a owner you would laugh and continue sucking. If I was a owner I’d say, this guy has a point and I know he had earned a shot to have this job, and I know the moron gm had had multiple coaches!! maybe I should be smart enough to let him mold team the way he sees fit!!

Leftwich is not exactly being unreasonable by wanting Baalke gone. After many laughably bad decisions in the draft, free agency, trades, etc., it seems clear that he can't build a competitive team. He was a disaster in SF, too, he shouldn't have even gotten the job in Jacksonville.

Leftwich is not exactly being unreasonable by wanting Baalke gone. After many laughably bad decisions in the draft, free agency, trades, etc., it seems clear that he can't build a competitive team. He was a disaster in SF, too, he shouldn't have even gotten the job in Jacksonville.

If I’m the owner and need another coach with this same Fuckinh gm I’m pretty god damn sure I wouldn’t have needed leftwich to tell me to fire that asshole, but if it took that I damn sure would listen!!

But mcdaniels did get to pick his. All I’m saying is leftwich has a right to tell them he won’t work with someone and let them decide. My guess is he prob has a great reason not to wanna work for a gm that has fired multiple coaches and thought hiring urban Meyer was a good Fuckin idea. I’d like to hope maybe if I pointed it out to the owner he might see the light! If not fuck him, let his franchise continue to rot in incompetence! If another chance never comes then I know they wernt playing fair but I’m not gonna go out like a bitch with some loser gm making me look bad in my only chance!
The owner hired Urban not the GM. As for McDaniels he should have had no say in the GM hire and neither should Leftwich. The only coaches who should have a say in the GM spot are established winners like Bellichick and Reid.

Leftwich has every right not to want to work with Baalke but he has not proven himself enough to have the power to self pick a GM. You all think that Leftwich will have many more cracks at a head job but see how fast his star fades when he has no QB next season.

Leftwich has every right not to want to work with Baalke but he has not proven himself enough to have the power to self pick a GM. You all think that Leftwich will have many more cracks at a head job but see how fast his star fades when he has no QB next season.
Quick to dismiss Trevor? He was better than Peyton his rookie season ffs

And Leftwich was a QB coach first anyway before OC. I think you're overvaluing how awesome it is to be an NFL head coach if you're put in a position you can't succeed in. You're completely screwed then down the road.

Also I don't have a clue why someone needs to prove anything before asking for their best chance at success. Not sure I'd enjoy working with a boss like that, we'd already be off on the wrong foot so failure would be likely.

The owner hired Urban not the GM. As for McDaniels he should have had no say in the GM hire and neither should Leftwich. The only coaches who should have a say in the GM spot are established winners like Bellichick and Reid.

Yea cause you can hire those guys every day. Your ideals are outdated. It clear that gm is trash urban Meyer or not, think VC outlined all his shortcomings. No person qualified enough to be offered 1 of 32 jobs should settle for a gm he knows he can’t win with.

Quick to dismiss Trevor? He was better than Peyton his rookie season ffs

And Leftwich was a QB coach first anyway before OC. I think you're overvaluing how awesome it is to be an NFL head coach if you're put in a position you can't succeed in. You're completely screwed then down the road.

Also I don't have a clue why someone needs to prove anything before asking for their best chance at success. Not sure I'd enjoy working with a boss like that, we'd already be off on the wrong foot so failure would be likely.
Pretty sure Leftwich isn't going to be coaching Trevor in Tampa.

Sorry, thought you were talking about no QB in Jax but realize you mean Tampa. The earliest rumours I've seen are Wentz or Goff that they could target. No Brady will mean no Gronk so they better get healthy at WR and draft accordingly.

Yea cause you can hire those guys every day. Your ideals are outdated. It clear that gm is trash urban Meyer or not, think VC outlined all his shortcomings. No person qualified enough to be offered 1 of 32 jobs should settle for a gm he knows he can’t win with.
This isn't about Baalke who probably should be fired but a first time head coach should not be deciding the next GM. Leftwich may be doing the right thing staying away from Jacksonville but that ownership is not going to be told who they should have running the personnel.

The fact is if Leftwich has a bad QB to work with in Tampa next season he probably won't get another crack at a head coaching job. I think he should take the Jacksonville job and work with a potential franchise QB in Lawrence instead of waiting it out in Tampa who will be scrambling to find a replacement for Brady.

This isn't about Baalke who probably should be fired but a first time head coach should not be deciding the next GM. Leftwich may be doing the right thing staying away from Jacksonville but that ownership is not going to be told who they should have running the personnel.

Then they can continue sucking. He has the right to tell them whatever he wants, you or them don’t have to like it, then I learn I didn’t wanna work for you anyway and will continue laughing at your team like everyone else. Good JOB!! Eventually someone who want to win will hire me or they won’t, I don’t need incompetent losers paying my check just cause they got money in a way that didn’t involve building a football team. That who they need to hire. Someone who can do that!!

But they did fire Baalke and everything I've heard here is that Adrian Wilson is likely to leave AZ for that job.

Khan has other endeavors as well and I'm pretty sure he's getting less involved with personnel and ready to let the GM do his thing. Not sure he even ever trusted Baalke to do that.

But they did fire Baalke and everything I've heard here is that Adrian Wilson is likely to leave AZ for that job.

Khan has other endeavors as well and I'm pretty sure he's getting less involved with personnel and ready to let the GM do his thing. Not sure he even ever trusted Baalke to do that.

It crazy he stuck on this fact that leftwich don’t have the right as the man who gonna be responsible for that team to tell the owner he can’t give him a winning team with the current gm!! It not only his right He the guy I want in charge.

The fact is if Leftwich has a bad QB to work with in Tampa next season he probably won't get another crack at a head coaching job. I think he should take the Jacksonville job and work with a potential franchise QB in Lawrence instead of waiting it out in Tampa who will be scrambling to find a replacement for Brady.

You saying he should know his place and not speak up, I get it, you just wrong. That not what winners do!! Matter fact I’m way more confident he the right guy for doing that.

The phrase being used is “continuity”

Saints love everything they got. I just can’t see em going outside on this one

I wouldn’t if I was them. I dunno if Allen will work but it cause they got other problems which im sure some the reason Peyton left (he created the one where they paying a guy qb money that not a qb!). Allen def right choice for them.

I wouldn’t if I was them. I dunno if Allen will work but it cause they got other problems which im sure some the reason Peyton left (he created the one where they paying a guy qb money that not a qb!). Allen def right choice for them.
I don’t see a ton of issues. I mean yea having one of the better QBs last 16-17 years made is easier but Saints aren’t in a terrible spot at all.

And don’t forget Cap Gods.

I don’t see a ton of issues. I mean yea having one of the better QBs last 16-17 years made is easier but Saints aren’t in a terrible spot at all.

And don’t forget Cap Gods.

That what I’m talking bout cause I hear they still have cap problems! Lol. Im not saying they screwed but paying hill what they do not great. The defense obviously still pretty good, I still think they can win w Jamis if they get wr back. They clearly seem to be much smarter about the cap than the giants!

Reactions: KJ
That what I’m talking bout cause I hear they still have cap problems! Lol. Im not saying they screwed but paying hill what they do not great. The defense obviously still pretty good, I still think they can win w Jamis if they get wr back. They clearly seem to be much smarter about the cap than the giants!
Cap problems, Jameis still should be a backup but say he somehow shines, and Thomas relationship is clearly beyond repair. Tough being a dome team and having to rely on defense to win games, just don't see much help coming for the offense.

Cap problems, Jameis still should be a backup but say he somehow shines, and Thomas relationship is clearly beyond repair. Tough being a dome team and having to rely on defense to win games, just don't see much help coming for the offense.

That was kinda my thinking but twink said no real problems and he should know better than me! I think jamis a starting caliber nfl qb, maybe not top 10 but there are way worse out there!!

That was kinda my thinking but twink said no real problems and he should know better than me! I think jamis a starting caliber nfl qb, maybe not top 10 but there are way worse out there!!
Just not enough weapons to mask his deficiencies imo. They need to take it on the chin and build offense imo. Not really the year to go for a franchise QB unless they think Corral can be the guy maybe, get a playmaker or two on offense to compliment Kamara and maybe go QB next year I think.

Just not enough weapons to mask his deficiencies imo. They need to take it on the chin and build offense imo. Not really the year to go for a franchise QB unless they think Corral can be the guy maybe, get a playmaker or two on offense to compliment Kamara and maybe go QB next year I think.

Why couldn’t they try building around Winston? I def wouldn’t take corral so work on playmakers and see how he does.

Why couldn’t they try building around Winston? I def wouldn’t take corral so work on playmakers and see how he does.
Well that's the difference, do you really see Jameis as the long term solution? Arm is great but decisions/accuracy leave a ton to be desired and he's been around long enough for me to think he won't just figure it out. Might be better than anyone in this draft though.

Well that's the difference, do you really see Jameis as the long term solution? Arm is great but decisions/accuracy leave a ton to be desired and he's been around long enough for me to think he won't just figure it out. Might be better than anyone in this draft though.

I don’t know. I know he threw for 5k yards in this league, that pretty good. I dunno if he can fix the decision making but havnt really given him much of a chance to show it. Pickett only one I would consider taking and playing over him. Not sure I would, I’d consider. I don’t think any the others guys come close to that many yards in any their nfl seasons!

It crazy he stuck on this fact that leftwich don’t have the right as the man who gonna be responsible for that team to tell the owner he can’t give him a winning team with the current gm!! It not only his right He the guy I want in charge.
No first time coach should be demanding ownership make the changes that he demands. Leftwich can stay away but if I owned a team I would be the one deciding who makes personnel decisions. If an established winner wanted to bring in his own people I would agree but no first time coach would ever be hired making those demands.

Have they fired Baalke because I haven't seen that anywhere. They probably should fire him but the owner and not a potential first time coach should be making the decision who the next GM is.

The Raiders owner is another fool caving into demands from McDaniels who refused to be interviewed and was only interested in being offered the job. Davis should have told him to fuck off but he is an idiot who gave in.

You saying he should know his place and not speak up, I get it, you just wrong. That not what winners do!! Matter fact I’m way more confident he the right guy for doing that.
Stop trying to interject race into this when it has nothing to do with the situation. Tomlin can ask for his own personnel people but no first time coach whether that is Leftwich, Daboll, Eberflus or any of these other guys with no head coaching experience have earned the right to basically run an entire organization.

They should trade up with the Jets to pick the QB of their choice. I say that for New Orleans, Pittsburgh or any other team that wants a QB.

Have they fired Baalke because I haven't seen that anywhere. They probably should fire him but the owner and not a potential first time coach should be making the decision who the next GM is.
Khan is finally likely realizing he's not good with the NFL game and should hand it over to someone more qualified to decide (ie Leftwich!). He's more interested in his soccer team anyway and rightfully so, he sucks at making personnel decisions for Jax and the last decade has shown that.

Khan is finally likely realizing he's not good with the NFL game and should hand it over to someone more qualified to decide (ie Leftwich!). He's more interested in his soccer team anyway and rightfully so, he sucks at making personnel decisions for Jax and the last decade has shown that.
He should hire a GM and let that guy pick the coach.

Do you think he just let Ross know he wants NFL now no matter what, and that's why Dolphins are involved, since he wouldnt feel bad taking him away from Michigan
I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Rather he get this done quickly so the team can get their next coach.

He's interviewing on National Signing Day. That's a pretty good indicator he's leaving if he gets an offer.

Stop trying to interject race into this when it has nothing to do with the situation. Tomlin can ask for his own personnel people but no first time coach whether that is Leftwich, Daboll, Eberflus or any of these other guys with no head coaching experience have earned the right to basically run an entire organization.

I didn’t say a word bout race, you saying he should know his place as a guy wanting a head coaching job, never having one before, so he should for some reason settle and compromise himself and just be grateful and take the job with a gm that will undermine his chances for success. Are you not? I didn’t mention color once so anything you feel bout that ain’t coming from me.

It’s hilarious you think there has to be some redic chain of command. They should be looking to hire smart ppl that have a plan for building a winner, it just so happened they interviewed a guy that has a vision that don’t include the garbage gm they got and the guts to tell them why it won’t work without a guy he sees eye to eye with. That the kind of guy I’m looking to hire, not the bum that just grateful for a chance to fail!

Last edited:
The more I hear reasons ppl can’t do things the more I respect the ones who do it anyways.
Hopefully you're never so desperate as to need a job and Leftwich certainly isn't. Interview should be a two way street regardless the level of job, think if any candidate is afraid to ask questions of an employer they're probably going to be too timid at the job as well. Interview the interviewer.

Back