***NFC Divisional Playoff Discussion***

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
In fairness to that other conference....

As of now

Atlanta -4.5/51

Dallas -4/51.5

I am on Atlanta and Green Bay

Not the worst wager if your book does it.

Seattle +11.5 to Atlanta +2.5

Should be a very close game imo.

Both lines seem to beg for dog money. The Dallas line perhaps less so, but Seattle getting more that 4 is a dare for the betting public to take the Hawks. That being said, I cant justify backing Ryan and his 1-5 lifetime playoff record. It would be Hawks or nothing for me but like the GB line yesterday, this line begs for dog action.

In the other one, can GB stop Zeke? They have weathered a lot of injuries this year and while they are healthier.... I just dont see them being able to stuff the run. I will be on Dallas in this one.

On GB at +4 and I knew it would be a 70% type public game, don't care although the Dallas OL will be the dominating unit, just think the rest will fall into place as the team I expect to win the SB is getting 4 points. Simple.

Other game got over 49.5 when I first saw it and think 59.5 might be low...Seattle team total will be my largest wager of the weekend but won't have it til Saturday, so just putting it out there. Thoughts in the other thread.

Without Earl Thomas that pass defense has been awful, he sets their entire ability to scheme. I think the over in ATL is a solid play, Atlanta can hit this defense with a lot of big plays and Russell Wilson against this subpar defense, now with his legs under him and weapons healthy. Just think it's a 35 wins matchup, at least early in the week with nothing locked in.

Think Dallas handles Green Bay, healthier in the secondary and Jordy absence is huge (he's either out or playing limited limp snaps on a bum rib.).

I agree with Jordy being an issue but think that's the only reason we are getting 4 points, and no way will I ever let a WR dissuade me from a favorable line. Plenty are capable against what I still consider a less than sufficient defense against a high octane offense.

It's already 68% on Green Bay fwiw, and I'm happy to include myself in that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Seahawks?src=hash">#Seahawks</a> have played in the Divisional Playoffs every year with Russell Wilson starting QB; they're 2-0 at home and 0-2 on the road.</p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/818488127807426560">January 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not the worst wager if your book does it.

Seattle +11.5 to Atlanta +2.5

Should be a very close game imo.

I used to play four-team 13 pointers on single games. That would've gone 3/4 this weekend but Bovada doesn't allow them. Just as well cause I was going to try it on the GB game, the one game that fucked my existing tease.

I just don't think the Atl line is a great one for teasing. I hate crossing zero & still getting 3 or less.

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Seattle Seahawks[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]@[/TD]
[TD]Atlanta Falcons[/TD]
[TD]January 14, 2017[/TD]
[TD]4:35 p.m.[/TD]
[TD]Fox[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Circadian rhythms FTW...seriously, this scenario where a WEST coast team plays an early game on the EAST coast provides the largest disadvantages for the away team - although this is minimized since the game is at 430pm and not 1pm.​

KJ - I wont argue with you if in your mind GB is super bowl bound. I just think aside from QB its tough to point to another aspect of this matchup where GB has an advantage. Dallas for me will be a large bet.

Raems - agree that over may be the play in Atl and Thomas is a big loss, though they kept Det in check on Sat. A whole different animal doing that in Atlanta vs JJ.

The Circadian thing is nil here because the 4pm EST is the time west coast teams normally play right?

Anyone know when the Hawks will be flying to Atl?

You hear this story on the giants? They apparently took out their frustrations on the jumbo jet on the way home and caused the next flight to be delayed for 3 hours bc they needed to repair and clean the plane

You hear this story on the giants? They apparently took out their frustrations on the jumbo jet on the way home and caused the next flight to be delayed for 3 hours bc they needed to repair and clean the plane

No class on this team whatsoever, maybe Eli but I ain't about to praise a Giants QB.

Odell is a weak-ass emotional wreck with zero leadership qualities.

Basically 'today's player' which shows where the league is heading.

No class on this team whatsoever, maybe Eli but I ain't about to praise a Giants QB.

Odell is a weak-ass emotional wreck with zero leadership qualities.

Basically 'today's player' which shows where the league is heading.

The franchise has done a complete 180 in the past year in terms of all this shit..... this would never happen under coughlin

tu1MpIQ.gif

that boat vid is hilarious

So Jordy has at least two broken ribs...but they are saying if he can practice Saturday he may play. I think thats ridiculous. No way he has any impact on the game even if he can go. I had a small crack in one rib once, one of the most painful and limiting injuries Ive ever had...

Per PFF...

Green Bay’s offensive line ranked No. 1 in pass-blocking efficiency during the regular season, while Dallas ranked just 25th in PFF’s team pass-rushing grades.

Damn if Jordy was healthy I would be hitting that Packer ML hard...still may take the points though, just not a huge play.

I bet ATL yesterday @ -4.5 -110. Close to maximum bet for me. I've historically not done well in playoffs (so there is that)

Loved the line & I figure that public would be on Seattle, have not looked and do not care.

The Cowboys actually have a decent pass rush with Irving and Lawerence. The secondary will have Claiborne back as well. Cowboys o-line is going to wear down the Packers. Plus, let's not forget how banged up the Packers secondary is. The Giants didn't have the capacity to take advantage of that.

Per PFF...

Green Bay’s offensive line ranked No. 1 in pass-blocking efficiency during the regular season, while Dallas ranked just 25th in PFF’s team pass-rushing grades.

Damn if Jordy was healthy I would be hitting that Packer ML hard...still may take the points though, just not a huge play.

seems like DAL added some pass-rushers as the season went on and will use them far more so i'm not sure those stats are as accurate as they should be

nobody thinks SEA shows up and plays an incredible game? or let me phrase it another way, nobody thinks ATL is gonna lay an egg?

i'd consider both those things more likely than ATL playing really well so i like the points

nobody thinks SEA shows up and plays an incredible game? or let me phrase it another way, nobody thinks ATL is gonna lay an egg?

i'd consider both those things more likely than ATL playing really well so i like the points

ATL beat them at home the last time they faced each other in the playoffs, when Seattle was a better (much?) team. Not saying it would shock me if SEA shows up and plays an incredible game, but ATL is more than capable of beating this version of the Seahawks.

also like the Pack, a lot cuz i don't think DAL is great anywhere besides OL and RB.

Dak could have a bad day and i wonder how easy it would be for DAL to get back in a game that GB takes a decent lead in considering how Linehan abandoned the run so often this year.

But i do wonder how a missing or limited Nelson affects what GB can do. We already know they really struggle to run, but Adams-Cobb-Allison-Cook aren't exactly a frightening receiving corps no matter how well Rodgers plays

Kind of fearful of the cowboys getting down 2 touchdowns and Romo coming in to lead them to a win. It's not out of the question. I can't see Dak staying out there if they get down big

the storybook is there for the packers....

Ok maybe the stats on Dallas pass rush are not accurate, but it is still not that formidable. And the combination of a solid o-line and w the way Rodgers moves around the pocket, going to be trouble for the Boys.

And I don't know what you have seen from Seattle that would make you feel confident that they figure it all out this weekend. That O will be very hard pressed to keep up w the Falcons

When do they usually announce when the roof will be opened or closed for the Dallas game?

The Packers definitely seem like they are in form I am just concerned the injuries on both sides of the ball and the lack of receivers will catch up to them. Rodgers has been playing lights out, and will probably have to again for them to keep going like this.

Kind of fearful of the cowboys getting down 2 touchdowns and Romo coming in to lead them to a win. It's not out of the question. I can't see Dak staying out there if they get down big

the storybook is there for the packers....

Romo could definitely do it, but i'm not sure they go to him unless Dak is hurt because they've basically hitched their wagon to him for the future. I guess that would up Romo's trade value as it may show they don't want to get rid of him, but coming in and leading a comeback may do the same. I feel like it will take a lot to see Romo in the game if not due to injury

Ok maybe the stats on Dallas pass rush are not accurate, but it is still not that formidable. And the combination of a solid o-line and w the way Rodgers moves around the pocket, going to be trouble for the Boys.

And I don't know what you have seen from Seattle that would make you feel confident that they figure it all out this weekend. That O will be very hard pressed to keep up w the Falcons

you are 100% correct here, they've done plenty this year for us to doubt them but i can't help but see incredible value for how dominant that franchise has been over the past five years. Earl was my classmate so I'm pretty in tune to his absence, but they can still stop the run unlike almost anyone and if Bennett is healthy he can disrupt Ryan, who has shown he is also capable of disrupting himself.

Just seems like one of my favorite angles in sports where you have one team trying to take down the team in a higher class, and they have to win handily to do so

Watched Mayweather on First Take talking the NFC game this weekend, don't tell me this dude makes his own bets.

Probably subscribes to a service, dude a whale. Books would love him.

GB on the road is concerning. Only played 2 roadies since beginning of Dec and neither one was impressive. Gave up 27 to da Bears winning by a fg and beat Det by 7. I see GB getting pushed around by Dallas Oline and the Boys winning this game rather convincingly.

To state the obvious, if you're going to try and keep it out of Rodgers hands..........you runna da ball.

GB on the road is concerning. Only played 2 roadies since beginning of Dec and neither one was impressive. Gave up 27 to da Bears winning by a fg and beat Det by 7. I see GB getting pushed around by Dallas Oline and the Boys winning this game rather convincingly.

The spread should be -7 at the very least in this game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Seahawks don't have an INT (5 games) since Earl Thomas went on injured reserve, tying a franchise record for longest drought.<a href="https://twitter.com/NFLResearch">@NFLResearch</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/819250386460491776">January 11, 2017</a></blockquote>

and that would change at Lambeau?

G - two seperate points.

1. much being made of Packers being red hot of late. They have been at home. They are now on the road.

2. Big advantage for Dallas up front vs Pack D line....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since winning the Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers has not won back-to-back playoff games<br><br>Since then:<br>4-2 in 1st playoff gm<br>0-3 in 2nd playoff gm</p>&mdash; NFL Research (@NFLResearch) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/819247203159900160">January 11, 2017</a></blockquote>

I have an idea on a couple props I would really be interested jumping on for Sea/Atl
Freeman and/or Coleman Rec prop. OVER
I think Sea will have a tough time covering either one of these 2 out of the backfield. Their focus will clearly trying to contain Julio and get pressure on Ryan.
Quick dump offs to the flats or screens I think can attack this Sea D w/out Earl Thomas effectively

agree, scdoggy...but fwiw, i'm on the fudgepackers too. too many points for a team running this hot. maybe they'll go ice cold...but considering dallas in the postseason, maybe not.

have been leaning Pack in this one all week...I'm starting to not be comfortable with the fact that they are so comfortable w hanging that -4.5 out there w everyone loving the Pack

The packers are coming off a game against a team with one of the lowest time of possesion to go up against a team with one of the highest time of possession. The Giants suck at keeping drives going and killing the clock. The cowboys don't.

That could be a big problem for GB.

Jordy officially out

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">McCarthy on Jordy Nelson: We're going to declare him out for the game Sunday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GBvsDAL?src=hash">#GBvsDAL</a></p>&mdash; Green Bay Packers (@packers) <a href="https://twitter.com/packers/status/819932942348808192">January 13, 2017</a></blockquote>

Back