NFC Championship: Minnesota @ Philadelphia Discussion

One thing I wanted to point out...

The early release of these lines before yesterday was..

Minny -3
New Orleans -2.5

I was just browsing the in-game and a few guys seemed it shocked. Nothing changed today and Atlanta opened slightly smaller and was driven up as well.

Anyways, more thoughts tomorrow.

nobody has gone into philly and won a game where philly was trying all year. until that changes, I don't see any reason not to take the points.

one thing that does bug me, the eagles benefit from warm weather and dome qbs when its 20 degrees and they can't get any zip on the ball. as of now, it is looking like 50 degrees on Sunday, which kind of sucks. Still, ill pay to see keenum come into this environment and paly well. And I am not on the "keenum is a fluke" wagon either; at this point those who think that he can play an entire season this well and it all is a fluke are being extremely ignorant. But it is not going to be fun for him on sunday.

Eagles and under would be my calls. I see a lot of long drives, a lot of running, a lot of screens and short passes and very little stretching of the field for either side.

Dead under play IMO. This will be a close one with field position being the deciding factor.

Some things that changed the course of the game yesterday

-Zimmer not pounding LM twice in a row on 3rd and goal from the 1, already up 7. They settled for a FG.
-Michael Thomas two TDs happened against Mackenzie Alexander Coverage. Rhodes doesn't always shadow, but he didn't for the most part yesterday....I'd expect that to change.

Some strength versus weaknesss
Philly is stout on the outside, but can be beat in the passing game over the middle....Minnesota Excels with passing over the middle.
Foles gonna have to score TD....how many TD does he have since he took over?

Will be rooting for ya reno. The swings from that game yesterday really were unbelievable. Closest thing to what I think a heart attack feels like. Jacksonville at Minny will be a great finale. Minny should win in Philly .

I Bought Min -3 -120 for 1u before diving deep. Just a gut play.

Boils down to eagles limited ability to put up points.

Marlo good stuff. We both know our teams inside and out so we can have a good convo about this.

Eagles should be able to contain Murray and McKinnon and make Keenum beat them. If he can, Minnesota can. If you guys score 20, you win.

Foles has decent td numbers but those are skewed bc he had 4 in the first game vs the Giants. He was awful vs Oakland and Dallas. He did come alive a bit in teh 2nd half on Sunday thanks to a really good gameplan that set him up for success. I completely agree that in order for Philly to win, he is going to have to throw for some (or at least throw some to get us into the red zone and then let ajayi do the work)

It really is an interesting game. Field position and turnovers will likely decide.

This could be a defensive game. If it’s cold ball hard to throw deep.

I could see fgoals.

I just don’t see either team moving it too much.

The pass rushes should rattle both Foles and Keenum.

Minny can score but at home. On the road windy conditions will hurt Minnys long passing game.

Plus eagles can blast through the vikes o line.

Minny doesent matter if they get s pass rush as Foles is no threat to score on long tds.

This game sets up nicely for an old fashioned under.

If eagles Atlanta went under I see even more of an under with Minny replacing Atlanta.

Minny offense about the same as Atlanta.

But defensively Minny is better than Atlanta.

Eagles shake off the rust from last week, as they were sitting idle for a long time. They should be ready next week.

I see a lower scoring match!

It's an accurate number, it will be tremendously popular...but in this NFL and not awful weather how much lower could the number be? Also can't rule out multiple defensive TDs. Just can't count on those.

Seriously would you be surprised if it went over? I wouldn't but I certainly wouldn't wager on it.

Will be rooting for ya reno. The swings from that game yesterday really were unbelievable. Closest thing to what I think a heart attack feels like. Jacksonville at Minny will be a great finale. Minny should win in Philly .
Dude. I feel dirty for that. I thought of you too a bit after that happened. I was already very upset about that 30 second FG drive before the Saints FG (use clock!)

I never thought I'd see the day of a Marlo/P vs Dan championship game. Appreciate the insights both ways fellas.

If you like Philly, you should be on the under....and if you like the Vikings...you should be on the over.

Something weird and different about this vikings team. Guys have just made plays either offensively or defensively, to win them games.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles-team-stats?season=2017&week=0&category=RECEIVING

Not sure how good Fox is with the stats but I see 171 yards after the catch for Eagles vs Atlanta D. Considering Foles only threw for 246 that is an incredible stat. Vikings are much better tacklers overall. Foles 8.2 YPA should be cut by about a third against the Vikes into the 5.5-5.8 range. Even at 8.2 the Eagles only managed 1 TD and 3 FG. I see them held to around 13-17.

The question is can the Vikings score more than that on the road?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles-team-stats?season=2017&week=0&category=RECEIVING

Not sure how good Fox is with the stats but I see 171 yards after the catch for Eagles vs Atlanta D. Considering Foles only threw for 246 that is an incredible stat. Vikings are much better tacklers overall. Foles 8.2 YPA should be cut by about a third against the Vikes into the 5.5-5.8 range. Even at 8.2 the Eagles only managed 1 TD and 3 FG. I see them held to around 13-17.

The question is can the Vikings score more than that on the road?
Great nugget there

Foles has decent td numbers but those are skewed bc he had 4 in the first game vs the Giants.

Yep,played this game in DFS pretty hard that week. One thing to realize, You, me or Sammy could have thrown for 300/3 on the Giants over the last 10-12 weeks of the season

probably just going to save the money and wait for the hopeful Pats/Vikings SB...and then spend the coin to go

Blount shouldn't even be active...if they're smart...they employ mutliple formations with Clement....New Orleans had a ton of success moving Kamara around and getting him on a LB.

25x surge pricing

Buddy's old boss got charged about $650 from the Phx Open to Chandler lol, usually would be $40-$45

ha! I've made that drive before.

We used my dads "driver" though...so it was cheaper.

actually told the wife she should drive for uber over SB week...bet you would fucking crush

People here just rent their place out for the week and leave town once they figure their team is out of it

This is all cliche as heck but turnovers and field position are the biggest keys I can think of for this game.

I think Minny’s defense is gonna confuse the shit outta Foles. It’s gonna be tough for them to put up points. Looking at maybe a 1Q under. Probably be lined at 7.5.

Will be buying Minnesota to 3 once available, figure in a lower scoring type game that could be critical. Certainly lean under, was thinking 20-13...17-13 type game. Defense all over and I'd certainly expect both offenses to try to take the air out the ball. Has the feel of first mistake loses and gonna guess both will do their best to avoid that criticism.

Marlo I remember from twitter we agree about Blount. I respect what hes done this year but the fact is when we got Ajayi he is just no longer needed; we have a better version of him. When Blount took the carry on that 4th and goal and was running toward the outside I was sure he was gonna get hit...took a great block for him to walk in, but still that ball should go to ajayi.

Speaking of Ajayi, idk what is going on but while he has shown burst since he got here, hes also been fumbling. I still like him and feel like hes our best chance to get something going on offense, butin this game one of those fumbles could be fatal.

How are the Vikings against screens. I agree that Foles is not going to have success in a traditional passing attack. Doug is gonna call a lot of screens, end arounds, and some gadget plays like Agholors big run from the other night. Its absolutely a "bust out all the stops" game.

It's an accurate number, it will be tremendously popular...but in this NFL and not awful weather how much lower could the number be? Also can't rule out multiple defensive TDs. Just can't count on those.

Seriously would you be surprised if it went over? I wouldn't but I certainly wouldn't wager on it.
Those 4th quarters were crazy yesterday. 29 yesterday in Minny and 38 in Pittsburgh. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the game go over. Although I love under. Just gonna hit either 1Q or 1H under to avoid the late shit where teams get desperate.

i think we all agree on the under. the only thing that needs to be discussed is is that TOO easy?

There is no such thing as too easy.

There are only winners and losers in life.

Simple- just pick the winner.

And remember Don’t Fuck up!

Props to Air Theilen.

This guy gave Lattimore a premiere corner everything he wanted and more.

I really like Theilen. This guy has jets for legs and super springs. He has the speed of a speedy mlb centre fielder.

Lattimore is big fast strong quick. Built like a powerful 1957 Chevy.

Theilen looks like a Toyota Corolla. But man this guy has skills . He was using double moves and jumping 15 feet in the air on passes.

Theilen is a major threat in the passing game.

He could rip apart both Darby and Rasul Douglas easily or Jalen mills.

What I learned from last weekend is forget about football.

Fuck the x’s and O’s Welcome to roulette football.

Where routine plays aren’t routine

Where the impossible becomes possible

Where strange becomes routine

NFL FOOTBALL is about one thing!

CLUTCHNESS-

Pitts isn’t clutch. Never has been with Tomlin leading them. Their defense isn’t clutch. Brown isn’t clutch. Big Ben also isn’t clutch.

Jags defense isn’t clutch. Overrated trash.

Minny defense wasn’t Clutch. Couldn’t hold lead.

Saints defense clearly not clutch.

Eagles offense not clutch.

Who is CLUTCH. THE PATRIOTS are so clutch it’s not even funny.
Their O line stops everybody. They can stop teams. They convert on 3rd down. They make all their fourth downs. They have a 6’10 meathead Gronk running like a freight train down the field requiring 2-3 guys or he’s catching it not 9 out of 10 but 10 out of 10. It doesent get better than 100% completion rate!

Pats are winning this year so easily it’s not even funny.

Clutch coaching quarterback, Meathead Lewis amazing no name defense best owner and smartest coaching staffs - just clutch all around.

If you took all of the coaches in the Nfl and college and they worked together they wouldn’t even come close to the intellligence level of the patriots.

The real question is I don’t see any threats to the pats for next season and possibly the season after.

I see a patriots 3 peat coming. This year they win easy and win their second in a row.

Next season they get Hightower back on defense and they get the best wide receiver in the game in Edelman.

With Edelman and the 6’10 meathead both playing a defense yo realistically stop both of these guys would need to employ 4-6 defenders just to cover Gronk and Edelman.

This is why brady picks teams apart. He has the best 2 receiving threats in the league with the best O line in the history of the league.

This year #6.

Next year #7

Year after #8-

He will be the first qb to also win a super bowl at the age of 45.

I think he seriously has a chance to play close to 50.

He keeps getting better while the league keeps getting dumber and worse.

Back