NFC Championship: Minnesota @ Philadelphia Discussion

But seriously I see no reason why brady can’t dominate well into his mid forties.

What people don’t understand is this guy has seen every defense. Defenses are zero challenge to this guy. Brady admitted that in the super bowl last year he could figure out which defense the falcons were in on every single play in the second half.

I think he will improve and get better with age due to coverage recognitions.

They will draft a new Gronk draft some receivers and dominate for the next 5-7 years

age will catch tommy in the next year or two....but i hope you are right

If you look at the advances in personal training and the spas and hyperbaric chambers and other supplements available it’s not hard to see a guy like brady even getting stronger when he is 40 than he was at 25.

Look at triathlons. Dudes in their mid forties are shredded. Just complete animals!

Hell look at Vince McMahon. Guy is 70 years old and is a complete animal in the gym. He can lift more than anyone these days.

I really don’t see any decline because Brady doesen’t rely on speed or strength. He relies on standing in the pocket, delivering strikes. His flexibility looks the same each year. He can throw it really well.

Other qbs or players likely can’t play that long but if you go to sleep at 830 and don’t drink and take care of yourself you can improve with age.

Has he peaked? He looks like he’s getting better with experience.
All he needs to do is to maintain his foot speed. He’s not fast but has great footwork.

Last edited:
Doesn't make sense to lay wood with Minny if you think the game will go under. Not much room for error if it stays under the #.

Doesn't make sense to lay wood with Minny if you think the game will go under. Not much room for error if it stays under the #.

Tough to lay -3 on road here.

Philly should be favoured. Or pick at worst.

-3 seems unfair. But Foles is in so never know

For all Atlanta's faults I think they were top 7 in both offensive dvoa and ypp and until the last drive I don't think they got into Philly's 30 except the punt recovery. So the Eagles d showed up last week against a top offense and we should expect the same this week. The vikings are much more consistent though imo, even on the road they have success.

Lean vikings here because I think they match up better with Philly's offense

Also even though Atlanta's offense is very good, the play calling all year was suspect, Minny had that big issue yesterday that marly mentioned with not running latavius to get 1 yard, but their play calling all season has been elite. One area to watch is Philly is middle of the road against TEs which could mean a huge day for Rudolph even though he hasn't been a factor the last few games. That's an area they need to exploit

The one thing they need to hammer home to case is to not chuck those floaters up when he's getting pressured. That is teachable and theres no need for it, it completely let the saints back in the game when one got picked off.

That Philly YAC stat from Saturday that got posted would scare the shit out of me if I was relying on Foles for offensive. Less than 80ish yards through the air over 4 quarters is not good, and now he goes up against one of the best rush defenses in the league.

Also if Foles can't go deep, and he hasn't shown he can at all, he's going to struggle with the short stuff a ton. Vikes were 1st in dvoa in defending passes to RB, and 2nd to the te, and 2nd overall I'm passes under 15 yards

For all Atlanta's faults I think they were top 7 in both offensive dvoa and ypp and until the last drive I don't think they got into Philly's 30 except the punt recovery. So the Eagles d showed up last week against a top offense and we should expect the same this week. The vikings are much more consistent though imo, even on the road they have success.

Lean vikings here because I think they match up better with Philly's offense

Also even though Atlanta's offense is very good, the play calling all year was suspect, Minny had that big issue yesterday that marly mentioned with not running latavius to get 1 yard, but their play calling all season has been elite. One area to watch is Philly is middle of the road against TEs which could mean a huge day for Rudolph even though he hasn't been a factor the last few games. That's an area they need to exploit

The one thing they need to hammer home to case is to not chuck those floaters up when he's getting pressured. That is teachable and theres no need for it, it completely let the saints back in the game when one got picked off.

That Philly YAC stat from Saturday that got posted would scare the shit out of me if I was relying on Foles for offensive. Less than 80ish yards through the air over 4 quarters is not good, and now he goes up against one of the best rush defenses in the league.

Also if Foles can't go deep, and he hasn't shown he can at all, he's going to struggle with the short stuff a ton. Vikes were 1st in dvoa in defending passes to RB, and 2nd to the te, and 2nd overall I'm passes under 15 yards

Foles is bloody bullshit. Terrible qb.

Has no business starting here. Vikes catch a huge break.

Who wins in a fight?

A Viking vs an Eagle.

The Viking is big strong and has some hand held swords and weapons.

The Eagle though are big too. When fully stretched they can be up to 7 feet tall as well. As well from having the advantage of flying they can strike from above.

Be an interesting fight between the Eagle and the Viking.

Marlo, does Minnesota have any weaknesses on defense? I know they have that one weak corner but hell get help. Front 7 is great. Maybe u can beat them with short passes and slants? Maybe a big day for Ertz?

Yes I grew up a Vikes fan but also always have had the how they gonna fuck up next mentality with them...they're my 1B now that I'm in AZ but it's hard not to have that attitude with this team...that said this defense is loaded all over and last time I went to a game just to see a defense was the 2001 Ravens. This defense rivals that just without the names. They are loaded and an unbelievable watch.

If they take away short passes to Ertz where else would they get beat?

Yes I grew up a Vikes fan but also always have had the how they gonna fuck up next mentality with them...they're my 1B now that I'm in AZ but it's hard not to have that attitude with this team...that said this defense is loaded all over and last time I went to a game just to see a defense was the 2001 Ravens. This defense rivals that just without the names. They are loaded and an unbelievable watch.

If they take away short passes to Ertz where else would they get beat?

kJ this Vikings defense is good but not even close to the ravens 2001 Seattle 2013-2014 defenses or even the Denver unit that won it all.

Saints scored on 4 of 5 second half possessions vs this Vikings defense. They blew a 17 point lead in a home playoff game.

Vikings defense is good but not amazing.

Secondary is ok- Rhodes is highly overrated. Michael Thomas basically won the matchup vs him. Terrence Newman is old. Wayne’s and McKenzie Alexander are average at best.

This Vikings defense is very beatable. They are a good unit not an elite unit

This defense is basically good because of 5-6 key guys

Everton Griffin is really good rusher.

Kendrick’s is really good

Anthony Barr is really good

Harrison smith is solid

Rhodes is a good corner but not dominant.

Zendehas is also pretty good player.

6 good players surrounded by 5 other players who are anywhere from average to above average to good depending on the day.

Vs the saints this Vikings defense of 6 guys was exposed in the second half. The other
5 guys didn’t dominate and the 6 good players were getting beat also.

This is why saints scored on 4 of 5 possessions.

IMO this Vikings unit is overrated. Good but not great

What we learned is that if Vikings play the pats they will likely choke.

They dint have any winners on the team? Any pedigree for championships.

Patriots are full of winners and have won many times.
Minnesota is a city that doesent win titles.

If Minny is going to win it they have Zero chance to win a tight contest vs a battle tested team like the patriots -
Vikings would have to beat the pats like Miami did earlier or like how Seattle beat Denver in that super bowl.
They either win big with defense and dominate the pats like 27-10 or they will lose. Brady doesent lose close games in the super bowls except for Eli horse shoe manning.

Vikings romp or they will choke

Who wins in a fight?

A Viking vs an Eagle.

The Viking is big strong and has some hand held swords and weapons.

The Eagle though are big too. When fully stretched they can be up to 7 feet tall as well. As well from having the advantage of flying they can strike from above.

Be an interesting fight between the Eagle and the Viking.

It's a bird vs a big dude with a sword. Viking -750

Question: What is the opinion of which Offensive Line will better protect either Foles or Keenum? Which one better at run blocking?

My opinion is the game will come down to effectiveness of O Line play. Interested in opinions.

Question: What is the opinion of which Offensive Line will better protect either Foles or Keenum? Which one better at run blocking?

My opinion is the game will come down to effectiveness of O Line play. Interested in opinions.
I'm not sure how they stack up but I'd say before the injury to Peters, Philly had the edge on the OL because he and Lane Johnson are probably the two best out of that group of 10 between the two teams. However, Keenum's mobility has helped this OL tremendously. He moves around the pocket well as opposed to Sam "the statue" Bradford. The Vikes center, Elflein, is a rookie but he's already a stud and will be an All Pro some day IMO. The question becomes, which DL is more effective at getting pressure because Vikes DL >>> Eagles DL but Philly OL > Vikes OL. Philly will need to blitz more to get pressure and Keenum has feasted against the blitz this year. Foles might shit his pants back there when Zimmer dials up the pressure. Best hope for Philly is to control the game on the ground so Vikes will need to focus there and make Foles beat them.

Also, Vikes don't have a great YPC average, but they do get a lot of carries. As Parcells used to say, it's not how much per carry, it's the number of carries that matters in a game. I don't buy into that completely, but it does have some merit if you can effectively control the ball.

Foles is bloody bullshit. Terrible qb.

Has no business starting here. Vikes catch a huge break.

I honestly don't think there any question eagles would have gotten a ring this year if wentz was healthy. Just don't see them getting past minny with foles. Vikings WRs capable of making plays on this secondary I think, and just don't see foles being able to match that.

I was planning on Minn most of the week. I just don't know.

I've been doing some teaching the last week or so, and again this more for the folks who only come here to read.

This game is very tough. If this were Week 7, you wouldn't make a 5X wager on this game. Just because it is the Championship, does not mean you have to unload on it.

Maybe even jump in live if you get a feel early. Plenty of prop bets also. This one is really tough

I've been doing some teaching the last week or so, and again this more for the folks who only come here to read.

This game is very tough. If this were Week 7, you wouldn't make a 5X wager on this game. Just because it is the Championship, does not mean you have to unload on it.

Maybe even jump in live if you get a feel early. Plenty of prop bets also. This one is really tough
:haveanidea:

I'm definitely not unloading. Had more than I was comfortable with on minny to win last week (curtesy of needing them to close several teasers and few parlays) and that wasn't a good feeling till the miracle play, even then it was more relief than happiness, lol.

I didn't feel good at all with idea of laying the hook here so while I think minny wins obviously wouldn't shock me if philly pulled it out.

I feel that the Eagles will win this game.

They are at home being disrespected like crazy.

The eagles o line will do better than the Minny online and the eagles d line will dominate the Minny o line.

It’s a bad line for starters and everybody disrespecting the eagles

Line now +3 -120 & -3 even where I am. Asking for Minny $

They obviously do not want to move off the 3...be interesting to see what happens

This game wreaks of 19-17 or something either way and I find it hard to see either team scoring that much unless its ST/Defensive TDs or setting up field position. I hate unders but this would be one where its in play for me.

Definitely was impressed with the way Philly moved the ball at ease last week in the 2H against ATL. On the other hand if the Foles pass at the end of the 1H isn’t deflected and caught they probably lose.

Lang on the Eagles +3.5 for 200 Dimes (buy the hook he says...)
Good job Brandon, you moron...

The hook was there for like 2-3 days ;)

0.jpg

Back