Nebraska v Texas Discussion

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Playing the over here. Our pass defense is full of holes right now with injuries in the secondary. Griffin will probably play. Brown is iffy. Even with one of them back, Taylor will throw with good success in the game. McCoy is settling in well at QB, and Nebraska can't defend the pass. Really love the over at 51. Points a plenty in this game.

I didn't even think of an over play on the game. Been talking the whole time about one team scoring and the other team scoring... over play makes the most sense then. Good luck with that

Frank Costanza said:
Playing the over here. Our pass defense is full of holes right now with injuries in the secondary. Griffin will probably play. Brown is iffy. Even with one of them back, Taylor will throw with good success in the game. McCoy is settling in well at QB, and Nebraska can't defend the pass. Really love the over at 51. Points a plenty in this game.

This is a great thought unless, like I stated in another thread, Callahan decides to establish the run -- and he has in every game played so far. Also, Texas' strength is their run game and nebraska has a stellar defense against the run. I can actually see an UNDER play in this game as well.

Bottom line is their are too many unsurities in this game to warrant any kind of play in my opinion.

this game could easily fly over, but it depends on how the offensive coaches approach the game. texas and nebraska both rank in the bottom 20 nationally in pass defense, and USC absolutely dominated nebraska's secondary, while baylor hit big plays on texas all day long.

now, if callahan goes into the texas game with the same gameplan that he brought to southern cal, then the over is cooked. nebraska cant run the ball, and they wont be able to run against texas. why callahan ran all night long against usc is a mystery to me.

now if greg davis has half a brain, after watching colt mccoy and the texas recievers have a field day against baylor, he should continue the aerial attack in lincoln. the huskers best corner is like 5'9, and sweed is a tall reciever... get him in some one on one situations and nebraska cant stop him. those shallow crosses also worked really well(dont remember if it was pittman or cosby who scored on that play).

id def lean towards the over, becuase i doubt callahan would use that same bullshit gameplan at home because a. it didnt work in so cal and b. his ass would get boo'd off the field by the second quarter

I couldn't agree more with what adam said. You really have no idea how these coaches are going to play this. Will Davis go hide in the corner and protect Mccoy like he did the first half vs OU because this is Mccoy first real road game that happens to be in Lincoln? Will Calahan try to run east/west all day idiocticly like he did vs USC which will in return net the same results?

Also Texas has had a shitload of injuries. They lost their starting G last week and their starting T Tony Hills was seen on campus wearing a protective boot.

Also the secondary is in trouble if Terrell Brown doesn't get back soon.

Lots of question marks here. Lots.

Played the over 51 as soon as I saw it yesterday. Expected anywhere from 54-57..

Nebraska traveled to USC and the total was 55..with Neb being home you know there offense will be bettter then it was @ USC and with Texas banged up it clearly aids that. With Texas I hate they put up 60 this week but Kansas threw all over Nebraska....Kansas... 400 passing yards on 54 attempts and 145 on the ground....

Both these teams have played alot of inferior teams so they scoring defense is low...

Neb allowed 28 to KU and 28 @ USC. Texas jsut allowed 30 to Baylor , 24 earlier to Ohio State who I dontthink is very good offensively and help OU to 10 thansk to 5 turnovers.

I could see a 24 or 27-21 type game but I would expect more like 34-24 or so

SHSUHorn said:
I couldn't agree more with what adam said. You really have no idea how these coaches are going to play this. Will Davis go hide in the corner and protect Mccoy like he did the first half vs OU because this is Mccoy first real road game that happens to be in Lincoln? Will Calahan try to run east/west all day idiocticly like he did vs USC which will in return net the same results?

Also Texas has had a shitload of injuries. They lost their starting G last week and their starting T Tony Hills was seen on campus wearing a protective boot.

Also the secondary is in trouble if Terrell Brown doesn't get back soon.

Lots of question marks here. Lots.

Both Marcus Griffin an T Brown are playing.

Frank Costanza said:

you may be right on there mr. costanza. nebraska has been getting by the last couple weeks and just pinning their ears back on defense. iowa state and k.state doesnt exactly stack up to texas. believe it or not i do like nebraska on the side and leaned overs here but havent decided yet. best to ya on the play.

SportsNut said:
Played the over 51 as soon as I saw it yesterday. Expected anywhere from 54-57..

Nebraska traveled to USC and the total was 55..with Neb being home you know there offense will be bettter then it was @ USC and with Texas banged up it clearly aids that. With Texas I hate they put up 60 this week but Kansas threw all over Nebraska....Kansas... 400 passing yards on 54 attempts and 145 on the ground....

Both these teams have played alot of inferior teams so they scoring defense is low...

Neb allowed 28 to KU and 28 @ USC. Texas jsut allowed 30 to Baylor , 24 earlier to Ohio State who I dontthink is very good offensively and help OU to 10 thansk to 5 turnovers.

I could see a 24 or 27-21 type game but I would expect more like 34-24 or so

good stuff, remember iowa state had a few nice runs where they took advantage with blythe in the second half. i have taken neb unders the last two weeks vs isu and ksu so the over looks good to jump on. speed will be the determining factor for me on this total. what i mean is how quick can u score? the ability is there for both teams offensively and the atmosphere is prime for an over play. best to ya.

rjurewitz said:
Both Marcus Griffin an T Brown are playing.
How do you know this? I haven't heard any confirmation on this. Texas at under a TD is cash money if its true.

I am. I am not saying that there offense stinks by any stretch but I think perception is ahead of reality...I owuldnt worry about OHio State hanging 35 on a good defense..it wont happen..

What was wrong when they hosted Cincy and Penn State? They scored 2 4thQ TD vs BG...24 @ Texas is good but nothing to get excited about...

I think a good defense can keep this team is check and what helps Ohio State is there defense getting the other teams defense back on thefield quickly...

What was wrong when they hosted Cincy and Penn State? They scored 2 4thQ TD vs BG...24 @ Texas is good but nothing to get excited about...

They were up 21-0 five mins into the game to BGSU

I've respected nearly everything you've said on this board...

But saying tOSU doesn't have a good offense this year is borderline idiotic.

I think SportsNut is just saying that the perception is that Ohio State is some offensive juggernaut. They are a good offense but they can't sniff the Texas and USC offenses from last year. Those were juggernauts. tOSU has a pretty good passing game but I think their running game lags behind a little. Their offense isn't anything that would prevent them from winning a championship though. If anything brings them down it will be that D. I was at the Texas-tOSU game and I was very underwhelmed by the tOSU defense. I'm sure they've improved up to this point but UT did that defense a favor by not keeping it on the ground. Colt was too green at that point to do anything through the air. A halfway decent passing attack, combined with our dominance on the ground that game, would have done that defense in that day... Michigan anyone?

albyman32 said:
I think SportsNut is just saying that the perception is that Ohio State is some offensive juggernaut. They are a good offense but they can't sniff the Texas and USC offenses from last year. Those were juggernauts. tOSU has a pretty good passing game but I think their running game lags behind a little. Their offense isn't anything that would prevent them from winning a championship though. If anything brings them down it will be that D. I was at the Texas-tOSU game and I was very underwhelmed by the tOSU defense. I'm sure they've improved up to this point but UT did that defense a favor by not keeping it on the ground. Colt was too green at that point to do anything through the air. A halfway decent passing attack, combined with our dominance on the ground that game, would have done that defense in that day... Michigan anyone?

I try to avoid getting into tOSU convo's because I have scarlet and grey goggles...but this team hasn't been tested yet...the PSU game was the closest so far and it was in two inches of rain...it was classic Big Ten weather and pts weren't going to be scored...

Closest margin of victory was 17 pts so far..

As for the D, number one scoring defense in the country people..less than 8 pts a game..that's after road games @ Texas, @ Iowa, and @ MSU....and also home vs PSU, N Ill, UC, and BGSU...UC and BGSU aren't great teams, but are avg to better in their conference..

Ok..enough of that ...sorry for the hijack...for another place and another time...

Let's get back to the game at hand...

Jump I understand your points but albyman understands what I am trying to say. What does MOV have to do with there offense? Okay so it rained versus PennState thats the only reason they didnt move the ball ? What was the excuse versus Cincy? They scored there 1st TD 3 minutes before half ?As for BG first that team is pretty awful and a huge step down in class and it was 21-0 about 3 minutes into the 2nd Q not the game. Oh andthere starting field position was OSO 37 , OSU 47 and BG 21. Thats not there offense thats there defense. Which is why they couldnt score vs Penn State cause they faced an equal defense nad the Penn State offense didnt hand them field position to the pick 6's.

Mich State we know they have nothing left and Iowa gave them the ball at the Iowa 30 and 20 for 14 easy points created by the defense.

So quoting MOV or even points score isnt reflective of an offense. I wouldnt even attempt to say OhioState offense is the same conversation with USCor Texas of 2005...they arent even the conversation with a healthy Louisville IMO.

So I dont see the Ohio State O putting up 35 points on a good defense unless its helped by shortfields or defensive scores. I wasnt knocking the team by any stretch.....

SportsNut said:
Jump I understand your points but albyman understands what I am trying to say. What does MOV have to do with there offense? Okay so it rained versus PennState thats the only reason they didnt move the ball ? What was the excuse versus Cincy? They scored there 1st TD 3 minutes before half ?As for BG first that team is pretty awful and a huge step down in class and it was 21-0 about 3 minutes into the 2nd Q not the game. Oh andthere starting field position was OSO 37 , OSU 47 and BG 21. Thats not there offense thats there defense. Which is why they couldnt score vs Penn State cause they faced an equal defense nad the Penn State offense didnt hand them field position to the pick 6's.

Mich State we know they have nothing left and Iowa gave them the ball at the Iowa 30 and 20 for 14 easy points created by the defense.

So quoting MOV or even points score isnt reflective of an offense. I wouldnt even attempt to say OhioState offense is the same conversation with USCor Texas of 2005...they arent even the conversation with a healthy Louisville IMO.

So I dont see the Ohio State O putting up 35 points on a good defense unless its helped by shortfields or defensive scores. I wasnt knocking the team by any stretch.....

You don't get that their results are directly related to situations...Tressel doesn't coach for stats, and you only cap by stats...

You don't look at talent or potential at all and that's fine..

Yes the rain reflects in it...cause when it's 14-3 and the ball is slick in the BIg Ten, Tressel isn't going to try and do much..PSU hadn't moved the ball , so why try to do something where a mistake can change that??

The UC game was a classic letdown spot....Your offensive jugernaut quote for U of L put up 23 against them at home...??

Dude, this is the first year this tOSU doesn't need a short field to produce touchdowns...Look at the drive at Austin before the half...

Once again...I'm done hijacking this thread..

let's keep it to UT/NEB conversation..

I think that I am with Sooner on this one. Below is a quote that I pulled from Mack Brown's presser. Sure it is coach speak, and we all know better than to trust that, but the numbers are facts. I really could see this one going under.

"You look at the two programs right now, we're averaging 42 points a game, they're averaging 37. We're converting 46% on third down offensively, they're converting 47%. We're stopping people, holding people to 47 yards rushing; they're holding people to 98.
We're giving up 13.7 points per game. They're giving up 13.4. We're stopping people 31 percent of the time on third downs with our defense. They're stopping people 30 percent. You start comparing numbers, this one looks like it could be one of those fourth quarter games that both teams play well."

The one thing that's def pro Nebraska is the QB...you have a SR QB in the 3rd year in the system vs a true frosh making his first road start...

That's a glaring discrepency...

Like i said before the tOSU/UT game...if you think it's going to be a 4 Quarter game...which do u want as your QB??

And that game was at home...

Another quick note about this game, this is really the first True road game for Colt McCoy and Texas. Granted, Texas has enjoyed a lot of recent success in Lincoln, but this should factor into things. Also, the Texas defense is going to be charged after a dissappointing performance against Baylor. The more that I think about this the more that I think if you are to make a play, the under looks better. I doubt that I touch it though. I do like Texas to cover.

Jump, the colt mccoy that you saw against tOSU is not the same colt that is going to be taking the field saturday. He already is much, MUCH better.

OrangeLover said:
Jump, the colt mccoy that you saw against tOSU is not the same colt that is going to be taking the field saturday. He already is much, MUCH better.

I agree he's better...but throwing up jump balls vs Baylor isn't the same as going to Lincoln in first road start...

Not hating bro...just isn't the same...he hasn't done this yet and it's a big hurdle..

Seven games into the 2006 season and the fifth-ranked Texas Longhorns are still trying to find the answers at a trouble spot that figured to be a team strength coming into the season.

Injuries, inexperience, miscommunication and a number of other issues have made the Longhorns secondary a roller coast ride through the first seven games of the season. Never was that more apparent than on Saturday night when they were torched for more than 300 yards through the air and 31 points on the scoreboard by a Baylor squad that has had trouble moving the ball all season.

After ranking in the top-five in pass defense last season, the Longhorns currently rank 77th in pass defense and 54th in pass efficiency defense. With 16th-ranked Nebraska next on the schedule, the Longhorns are looking for answers.

"The biggest problem (this season) we've had is giving up big plays in the secondary," Texas head coach Mack Brown said. "I think it's because we've had so many problems there this year. It's just been very difficult. Duane (Akina) is doing a great job with trying to hang in there and mesh. We're trying to find out who the other guy is and the other night (it was) who the other two guys are that can help us. Then trying to be simple enough for inexperienced players to play and still have enough to stop a good throwing team is a difficult thing. We're having to pull out all of our chips."

There's no question that the Longhorns have struggled to replace Michael Huff and Cedric Griffin, both of whom were higher NFL draft picks this spring, but with seniors Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross and Tarell Brown returning to the line-up, along with junior Marcus Griffin, the Longhorns figured to have one of the best defensive backfields in the nation

I know Griffin and Brown being out have hurt that unit a bunch...

Even if they both come back, they haven't been practicing, so this group isn't going to be up to full speed either way..

That has to be a concern.

I have not really looked at the teams that USC has faced this year. What kind of pass rush have they had to deal with? I know that they are having a lot of success on the ground, have they played a team that has shut down the run? How did that effect their passing when they were no longer two dimensional?

We seem to just disagree. Of course situations dictate scoring and I understand Tressel doesnt run it up.

You seemed to leave out how long it took Ohio State to get up 14-3.. it was scoreless at the half and 7-3 after 3 quarters. As well as seemed to have left out that Lville was marred by drops not stopped by cincys defense and it was Brohm 1st game back. I guess you missed that I said a HEALTHY Louisville meaning Bush and Brohm. What did Ohio State do vs Cincy? Sure we can say they might have been flat but how are you flat at home? Most teams dont come home after a big win and start out flat its the opposite actually. All they did that day was on defense by getting the Cincy offense off the field quickly...these are things that wont happen versus good teams. To where they eventually played against word down D's. As well as having a nice advantage in playing Texas in game 2 of the year.

I am talking about pure offense. I never knocked OSU as a team I simply said I dont see them as an elite offense. They may not need short fields but the majority of there scoring seems to be coming that way. So until the Ohio State offense runs over someone and gets up 28-0 at half onsole offensive play then I am personally not impressed. They made them out to be Texas lite this year and they arent even close to the Longhorn offense last year...IMO. Lets see them hang 30 something on Michigan and will talk.....

I am not disputing there talent only as an offense they dont scare or impress me to this point regardless of how many weapons they have. The Yanks ahd alot of weapons to but they still couldnt score......

Nebraska's Schedule

vs La Tech 49-10
vs Nicholls St 56-7
at USC 10-28
vs Troy 56-0
vs KU 39-32
at ISU 28-14
at KSU 21-3

Orangelover: I'm assuming you meant NU faced a good defense ??

vs USC, they had 68 yds on 36 atts...or 1.9 y/c..

So one dimensional, as a result 10 total first downs 143 yds passing on 9/17 and 211 yds total offense...

10 points..

I think Nebraska played its 3 toughest defenses on the road ....

Basically I think worst case this is a midly competitive game meaning Texas doesnt really lead by more th 14 points or so ...not that like Texas just hypthecially speaking.

So do we all think texas can score at least 30? I do..

As for Nebraska they exploded on all the teams they played at home but we are talking Troy in its 3rd away game , Nichols state and kansas...away it was much tougher with USC , Iowa State and K State...2 tough conference venues IMO. So if the secondary is still an issue come Sat then why cant NEB put up at least 20 here? The closer the game the more benefical 27-24...

I played over 51 already......think it will be interesting

I'm gonna jump in to this one. tOSU could've probably scored 40 points vs Texas that day if they wanted to. One of the top pass rushers for Texas Brian Robison barley played because of pneumonia, Terrell Brown was out because of the suspension, and Marcus Griffin was lost in the 1st quarter. Brandon Foster started that game and he has now been passed up by Palmer and Beasley on the depth chart. That's how highly they thought of his play this year. If there was one question mark on this team coming into the year it was the depth at secondary.

The secondary was a mess that day and even though OSU couldn't run the ball vs the Texas defense they could throw all day long and they did. Tressell put the breaks on when the game hit 17-7 and started playing conservatively IMO.

Those same two guys were out last week and you saw what Baylor did in the passing game. Those same two guys were also on the field vs OU and you saw how well the defense played. Both players are very physical and a Ross/Brown combo at CB with Beasely coming in as the nickel is 10 times better then a Ross/Beasely with Palmer coming in on the nickel. In regards to Marcus Griffin being out his replacement has been a career backup and plays way to bashful (Matt Melton) and needs to be more aggresive like Griffin.

Wait for the true injury report fellas. If Brown and Griffin are 100% playing Nebraska is not gonna score alot of points.

On offense Texas will score. Seems Mack ripped Davis' ass at halftime and told him to take the training wheels off Mccoy. Yes Mccoy is a RS freshman but with that OL protection, a two headed rushing attack in Young and Charles to keep the defenses eyeing the run, and a stud WR corp of Sweed, Pittman, Shipley, and Cosby you could understand why he has 18 TDs and 3 INTs and is on pace to shatter almost every freshmen NCAA record out there. The talent on offense is sick for Texas around Colt.

Yes he's a different QB then the tOSU game but more importantly the coaches are actually allowing him to throw the ball downfield more and take chances. The more he plays the more confidence they have which was an issue vs OSU.

I like Texas by 14 if the secondary is okay. You may think its retarded to base a play off of two injuries but there really is that big of a dropoff between the 1st and 2nd team in the secondary and if you need further evidence go look at the Baylor and Ohio St. games whne these guys were out.

Like I said i was never doubting OSU talent or capabilities. Maybe a game situation has dictated them putting the brakes on. However I go back to opponent. Texas is a very good team but it Colt's 1st big start so they could afford to slow down at 17-7 since the UT offense wasnt clicking yet. Not sure they could do that today and I also think it shows some sort of lack of confidence in the offense to hold up in a 17-7 game.

I just think vs Cincy and Penn State at home they really didnt impress me . Not to say they werent good but to say they werent awesome those days. There could be reasons for that but Michigan played better IMO on offense @ Penn State. How many elite offense get shutout fora 1st H at home?? If Ohio State wad an elite offense then IMO they could basically start at there 20 and everytime they touch the ball versus a weak defense like BG , Northern Illi , Cincy or a team that quit like Mich State tand go 80 yards.... not once in awhile or someof the timebut nearly all the time.

If they embarass the michigan defense then it will have shown me something. My original point was if Ohio State could put up 24 @ Texas then an explosive offense @ Lincoln could do the same...Nebraska might not have teh same talent as OSU but at home they will score...

OK for what it is worth, Nebraska has really only played one good team, USC and they lost that 28-10. In that game they threw for 143 yards and rushed for only 68. To put that into perspective Arkansas threw for about the same against USC (157 yards) and was able to run much for almost double the amount that Nebraska did (130 yards). USC gained 257 yards through the air against Nebraska - this is pretty close to their average (they threw for much less against Arizona - I presume that is because they didn't need the pass. And they were not very effective through the air against ASU last week). On the ground USC gained 142 against Nebraska. Again, this is pretty much their average with the exception of the Arizona game where they rushed for over 200 yards.

What does this tell me? It tells me that either USC is unbelievably consistent, or the Nebraska defense is nothing special. After looking further at the offensive performances against USC, one can easily say that Nebraska's passing effort was also very average, and that Arkansas, Washington St, and Washington all imposed a much greater offensive threat than Nebraska ... especially on the ground (most if not all, almost doubled Nebraska's running output.)

The only common opponent thus far between Nebraska and Texas is Iowa State. Texas won 37-14 (246 passing, 193 rushing). Nebraska won 28-14 (131 passing, 251 rushing).

I just spent the last 30 minutes doing extensive break downs of the Nebraska Texas game. Then, when I tried to post it, it dissappeared and I lost all of that work!:hairout:

So here is the short take on it all. Nebraska has only played one good team all year, USC. They lost and put out an offensive performance that was bested by Arkansas, Washington State, and Washington. All three teams ran for nearly twice as much as Nebraska did against USC. Nebraska was nothing more than average through the air against USC.

The only team that Nebraska and Texas have in common is Iowa State. Both teams won. Texas 37-14, Nebraska 28-14. Texas passed for 246 and rushed for 193 against Iowa St. Nebraska did their damage on the ground rushing for 251, passing for 131.

I wrote a lot more earlier and made a better argument, but anyway you cut it, based on previous performances, ON PAPER, Texas should not only win, but cover. I also am beginning to question my previous comments on the under because after doing all of the research, I am beginning to lose respect for Nebraska's defense. It is inflated because they have not played anyone.

ah....it's a miracle! my other post did make it through sorry for the double and what is now a triple post. I am breaking records here!!

SHSUHorn said:
I'm gonna jump in to this one. tOSU could've probably scored 40 points vs Texas that day if they wanted to. One of the top pass rushers for Texas Brian Robison barley played because of pneumonia, Terrell Brown was out because of the suspension, and Marcus Griffin was lost in the 1st quarter. Brandon Foster started that game and he has now been passed up by Palmer and Beasley on the depth chart. That's how highly they thought of his play this year. If there was one question mark on this team coming into the year it was the depth at secondary.

The secondary was a mess that day and even though OSU couldn't run the ball vs the Texas defense they could throw all day long and they did. Tressell put the breaks on when the game hit 17-7 and started playing conservatively IMO.

Those same two guys were out last week and you saw what Baylor did in the passing game. Those same two guys were also on the field vs OU and you saw how well the defense played. Both players are very physical and a Ross/Brown combo at CB with Beasely coming in as the nickel is 10 times better then a Ross/Beasely with Palmer coming in on the nickel. In regards to Marcus Griffin being out his replacement has been a career backup and plays way to bashful (Matt Melton) and needs to be more aggresive like Griffin.

Wait for the true injury report fellas. If Brown and Griffin are 100% playing Nebraska is not gonna score alot of points.

On offense Texas will score. Seems Mack ripped Davis' ass at halftime and told him to take the training wheels off Mccoy. Yes Mccoy is a RS freshman but with that OL protection, a two headed rushing attack in Young and Charles to keep the defenses eyeing the run, and a stud WR corp of Sweed, Pittman, Shipley, and Cosby you could understand why he has 18 TDs and 3 INTs and is on pace to shatter almost every freshmen NCAA record out there. The talent on offense is sick for Texas around Colt.

Yes he's a different QB then the tOSU game but more importantly the coaches are actually allowing him to throw the ball downfield more and take chances. The more he plays the more confidence they have which was an issue vs OSU.

I like Texas by 14 if the secondary is okay. You may think its retarded to base a play off of two injuries but there really is that big of a dropoff between the 1st and 2nd team in the secondary and if you need further evidence go look at the Baylor and Ohio St. games whne these guys were out.
I completely agree SHSUHorn. If I had confirmation that Brown and Griffin are healthy I'm all over this one TD cover. Thats why I'm curious where rjurewitz is getting his info that they are playing.

Can you enlighten us RJ??????????

orangelover, Nebraska had probably one of the worst called offensive gameplan I've seen in years vs USC. Zac Taylor was on fire going into that game and Callahan repeatedly kept trying to run the ball east/west. They were still trying to run even when they were down. A team that loses by 18 points doesn't have 36 rush attempt with a 2.6 ypc avg and only 16 pass attempts. Why the hell did they keep running the ball when they were a) down the whole game b) couldn't run the ball for shit?

Horrible, horrible play calling. It was so bad even Pete Carrol in his press conference said he was shocked they keep trying to run the ball.

If he calls the same game they will get killed by Texas but I doubt he does cause he'll get booed off the field in Lincoln.

Also know that Nebraska fan hates and I mean hates everything their has to do with Texas. They blame UT for their sudden demise from the national rankings. When the Big 12 was formed UT would not join the league if the conference didn't raise their academic standards. Nebraska back in the day got alot of its "speed" and "skill" positions from partial qualifiers. Basically players that can't get in anywhere else and usually have to go to JUCO. A huge advantage for the Huskers during their heydey. Texas basically bullied the rest of the teams and basically said they will not join the Big 12 unless teams were limited to only 1 partial qualifier not a ton like Nebraska was used to getting. The majority vote was 11-1 with you know who as the one vote.

Also the Big 12 office was moved to Dallas from KC which Texas pushed for, and Nebraska didn't want a big 12 title game and Texas did for money. Ironically it was Texas in the first ever 1996 game that pulled off the shocker over Nebraska (James Brown 4th and 2 rollout). Add in to it Texas breaking Nebraska home winning streak, Texas is 5-1 vs Nebraska since the Big 12 started, Texas knocking them out of either 2-3 MNC games etc, etc....

To sum it up Lincoln should be very, very loud come Saturday.

albyman32 said:
I completely agree SHSUHorn. If I had confirmation that Brown and Griffin are healthy I'm all over this one TD cover. Thats why I'm curious where rjurewitz is getting his info that they are playing.

Can you enlighten us RJ??????????

BurntOrangeNation.com states that their "sources" are confident that both Brown and Griffin will play.

About as you're going to get without actual confirmation from Mack.

Anyone else feel this will be Nebraska's "Statement" Game. I really think they will come out fired up and take this thing.

RSMS9999 said:
Anyone else feel this will be Nebraska's "Statement" Game. I really think they will come out fired up and take this thing.

They'll be up for it for sure.

But Texas wins. No doubt about it.

Back