NCAAF Wednesday 11/18

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1333
1-0 last

Kent has a 69-35 lead with two minutes left and they onside kick. Then they run two fast plays from inside Akron’s 10. Ran the last play trying to score with 20 seconds left. God they hate each other. When I played baseball for akron we had an 18-3 lead in the 8th inning and We were still stealing bases. We kept stealing and their pitcher kept hitting the next batter who would then try to steal. Funny as hell everyone hated each other but we were all laughing.

Look for next week when buffalo plays Kent. Will both score over 100 points again.

wmich/cmich over 58 x20

GL

Wow that's rough. I just checked the play by play on ESPN. Looks like they could've scored if they really wanted to. After recovering the kick with 2:48 remaining they only ran 5 plays.

Funny baseball story wire.

Wait a minute...Kent went onside in the last minutes of the game leading 69-35?

Da hell?
It was a pooch kick up in the air about 25 yards down field where an Akron player gave a fair catch signal. He had a clear opportunity to catch and ended up dropping it for Kent State to recover. Kent State actually had a chance to break the school record for points scored. With 2:48 remaining they subsequently ran the play clock all the way down to 2 seconds on each play. They got a 1st down and could have kneeled it out but kept running until the last play of the game ended at the 5 yard line. Kind of bush at the end and they did hurry up on the last 2 plays when they got closer under a minute left.
This is why I love the MAC when I'm on the right side and I'm besides myself when they don't play to the situation. Lol. Great call Wire. Im looking forward to the Kent State at Buffalo game. Should be great football conditions too.

Back