NCAA Week One

From Tressel's luncheon, our bets look like they will be graded, thank god:

One player who will be 100 percent is tailback Chris “Beanie” Wells, who has been plagued by injuries during fall camp. After rushing for 576 yards and 7 touchdowns as a freshman, Wells will be ready to go as the season begins.

“He’s set to go 100 percent,” Tressel said. “I think he would play today if you’d let him. He would’ve played when we scrimmaged if we had let him.”

Horn - Needless to say, I love your card! (I'm on most of them already too). I'm about to add Texas 1st H big and Texas game smaller. BOL this season!

Just added this play...

ECU @ VT -27 (4 UNITS)

Was looking hard at this game but decided to pass. With Kass now being suspended ECU is going to be scrambling to find a new QB with only 2 days of practice and gameplanning left.

Kass was the only QB with any college snaps on the roster and clearly had the better arm. A brand spanking new QB with a young OL, and brand new top WRs will spell bigtime trouble on the road.

Damn I need to quit adding plays...

Baylor +21 @ TCU (3 UNITS)

TCU has an outside shot of a BCS bowl game if it upsets Texas next week in Austin. TCU has probably been preparing all offseason for TCU while Baylor has been probably preparing all offseason vs a TCU team widely regarded the second best team in the state of Texas.

TCU will have a ridiculous defense this year even though they recently lost a starting DT James Vess and their best player Tommy Blake has question marks surronding him as he returned to the team but has missed 4 straight practices from being "under the weather".

My issue is will TCU score enough points to cover 3 TDs? They named RSFR Andy Dalton the starter with no experience and gone is the running-back-by-commitee approach they've used the last 4 years with Brown now the main and only guy. Dalton will also be throwing to green WRs as the multiple WRs lost its top two producers from last year.

An early game with a new offense and probably not wanting to show too much with Texas up next gives me confidence the Bears will stay within 3 TDs.

Horn...I like the VTech play, but what concerns me is the team speed for ECU on defense. Last year they were quick to the ball, especially in that WVU game. I thought that WVU -27 last year would be no problem, but ECU held them to 27. I actually did quite well taking ECU in some select games the 2nd half of last year.

I still like VTech given the emotional side of this game. Home opener...shooting...etc. Per Phil Steele VTech wins by an average of 20, but is 146-0 in last 3 home openers, so that bodes well.

Like I said...I like the play...but do you have any concern about the ECU D?

BOL

:cheers:

Me and RJ are just waiting for it to go to 22 and down to 110...

Was debating on how big a play to make it. 35-3 sounds about right at half

i unloaded on -21.5 -115, it will be my largest play of the year. but you are right, i would have been better off waiting for -22 -110, i doubt that half point will mean anything, but the extra 5 cents vig is costing me almost 100 bux

Horn,

Agree with you on the BU vs TCU. The way TTU played TCU last year in DFW was about on the same level as Baylor. TCU barely squeaked it out last year at home, as I see perhaps a 1-5 point victory by BU.

very nice start horn....but what the fuck did we expect????

LOL

shit your props haven't even started yet...thats where you shine like no one

(fuckin beanie wells prop...unreal...)

College Imaginary Prop Bets

Georgia Tech +.5 vs Syracuse (3 UNITS)

GT should be able to score on Notre Dame while Syracuse has had one of the worst offenses in college football since Robinson took over two years ago.

Miami PK vs TCU (3 UNITS)

Miami has the weaker opponent in Marshall in a opening statement game for the new coach Shannon and QB Freeman. TCU is breaking in alot of new faces on offense including a freshman QB and have Texas all the table next so they probably won't try to show too much vs Baylor.

Illini PK vs Duke (5 UNITS)

The Illini/Mizzu game is probably going to be a track meet and Duke well...this isn't basketball.

Texas Tech -3 vs Georgia (5 UNITS)

I know Okie St. is suppose to suck on defense but Georgia struggled on offense last year and have been horrible in pratice due to a inexperienced OL.

Texas Tech scores on everybody.

Last edited:
Washington @ Syracuse +3.5 (2 UNITS)

Small play for me here. Two teams that still look like they are going nowhere this season. UW is having to travel cross country with a freshman QB playing in his first game in the loud Carrier Dome.

Syracuse's biggest strength is at WR while UW limps into the game with huge issues at cornerback. They will be starting a 5th year Sr and a true freshman backed up by a RS frosh, and a walkon.

interesting props horn. best of luck with the cuse today ... LOTS of differing views on that game.

Good shit last night bro

I'm with you on Navy and I might have to make a huge play on Texas even at -39 based on your writeups.

Just wondering what your thoughts on Arizona is? Honestly the only reason it was close was because our offense was atrocious. Our D is still one of the best and honestly the offense can only improve, it really cant get worse. A new QB playing one hell of a defense? AZ ML alllll day

Good luck to you SHSUHORN this year, Great write ups as always looking forward to reading your write ups and hearing your opinions. Have a great year.

Every game I've added late has lost. Should've stuck to my original card but I just got too damn excited for opening weekend.

Back