NCAA Week One

SHSUHorn

Thief
Record over the years on here and the "other" site.

NCAA CFB 2002-2003
Sides 118-88 +70.28 UNITS

NCAA CFB 2003-2004
Sides 124-103 +75.42 UNITS
Teasers/Pleasers/Parlays 1-6 +10.00 UNITS
Total 125-109 +85.42 UNITS

NCAA CFB 2004-2005
Sides 111-109 –18.18 UNITS
Player Props - 62-44 +90.10 UNITS
Teasers/Pleasers/Parlays - 7-9 +4.60 UNITS
Total 173-153 +76.52 UNITS

NCAA CFB 2005-2006
Sides 60-50 +35.26 UNITS
Player Props 40-17 +79.37 UNITS
Total 100-67 +114.63 UNITS

NCAA CFB 2006-2007
Sides 79-54 +100.01 UNITS
Player Props 55-34 +54.35 UNITS
Total 134-88 +154.36 UNITS

NCAA CFB 2007-2008
Sides 2-0 +7.00 UNITS
Player Props 0-0 +0.00 UNITS
Total 2-0 +7.00 UNITS

All plays 1-5 units

Tennessee @ Cal -4.5 (4 UNITS)

Tennessee had a more improved passing attack last year with Cutcliffe back at OC. Ainge improved and rebounded from 2005 but he did have knee problems during spring practice that led to surgery. He is suppose to be back 100% but that time could've been used to click with almost an entire new WR corp. UT loses its top 3 WRs including 1st round pick Robert Meachum. The 3 players combined for 148 receptions, over 2300 yards, and 21 TDs.

Outside of WR the biggest question mark on offense may be the UT running attack that finished 96th in the country. The tailback by commitee didn't work and it looks like sophmore Lamarcus Coker may be the best of the bunch and will carry the load.

UT finished 50th overall on defense and couldn't stop the run finsihing 72nd. Losing its top 3 DTs in the rotation to graduation won't help. They have some young talent there but not sure they will be ready in time for the opener. In the secondary they have to replace both corners due to the graduation of Jonathan Wade and Antwan Stewart along with the injury to Inky Johnson and Roshaun Fellows getting booted from the team they are extremly thin at corner. The Vols left spring practice with only 2 corners on the depth chart and none of them have started a game. They also lost starting strong saftey Demetrice Morley to grades recently.

With Florida coming up in two weeks how much focus will this team have on Cal?

Cal returns everyone on offense but the left side of the line and Lynch. Longshore should be even better throwing to one of the best WR corp in the country led by the first team all-american punt returner Desean Jackson. the senior Justin Forsett will be just fine at RB and bring the same dimensions in the flat that Lynch had. Forsett had close to 700 yards rushing last year so he's seen plenty of action.

Honestly when does a Tedford offense ever really lose a beat?

The defense is where the issue was last year especially defending the pass where they ranked 108th. Only 5 starters return as well so there will be some early growing pains. Unless secondary coach Littlejohn made some improvements in his second year at Cal this game may come down to who's offense will be more explosive.

LSU –16 @ Mississippi St. (4 UNITS)

I think this will end up being Croom’s last year at Miss. St. In three seasons he has only one win vs. a winning D-I program and only 3 wins total vs. D-I programs.

Now he opens up vs. the most talented team in the SEC and maybe the country in LSU who hung close to 50 on the bulldogs last year. I understand that that game was in Baton Rogue but its not like homefield advantage helped the bulldogs last year in blowout losses by 34 to Auburn & 28 to WVU.

His specialty as an asst. was offense/running backs and so far that has been the teams biggest weakness for some reason. Yes the Bulldogs return everyone on offense but it’s the same shitty offense from last year that ranked 103rd overall. QB Mike Henig brings his 43.8% completion percentage back for another year to go along with the 104th ranked rushing attack that avg. 2.9 ypc.

It also doesn’t help the Bulldogs when your offense can’t consistently move the ball and your punting is even worse avg. 107th in net punting.

The defense was decent last year especially against the run but they lost the strength of the defense, which was its DL. They lose three off the line that combined for 100 tackles. The secondary was a mess lost year and they did lose a lot of depth there as well. They will have two new sophomore starters at corner and backing them up will be two converted WRs.

LSU is in the same neighborhood as Texas and USC where they recruit so well and just are loaded with ridiculous athletes all over the depth chart that it doesn’t really matter who left the program. When playing opponents of extreme lesser talent usually results in blowout city. Les Miles has been popping his mouth off left and right and is probably going to come out and make a statement in this opener.

Matt Flynn will be fine in replacing Russell as will this entire #2 ranked Tigers as they roll the Bulldogs here.

Arkansas St. @ Texas –37 (8 UNITS)

I typically play 1-5 units on all my plays during the season except for 2-3 games throughout the year I just have to hammer. Even though its early to be playing this game it’s an early gift from the books. I’ve hammered the Texas opening game and halftime line for 4 years now and it’s been absolute money.

No need to go into detail on this game since its been talked about plenty I’ve seen already on the board. I’ve seen that you all know the scores for UT’s opening games but its not just openers where they dominate its usually any team they are considerably more talented then.

You should always play Texas in these spots. Just in the last 6 years Texas has won thirty-one games by 30 or more points and the numbers get even more staggering recently.

I do know one thing and that is the coaches and players are probably chopping at the bit for football to start since it’s been a turbulent off-season for Texas. They lost two players to academics, one of which had a promising future at LT, and 4 other players getting arrested.

Andre Jones who was a true frosh 5 star tackle and probably the most important recruit in this past seasons class, and sophomore Robert Joseph who was likely to start and become an All-American at safety are both off the team after an arrest where they robbed someone at gunpoint.

Sophomore LB Sergio Kindle the top HS defensive player in the country and former RB now DE Henry Melton both got DWIs and probably would’ve just gotten slapped on the wrist in years past but because of the Joseph incident were given three game suspensions.

Texas had its best recruiting class in the Mack Brown era two years ago. Majority of those guys are sophomores or redshirt freshman now and are pushing the upperclassmen for their positions.

The two biggest positions to look at for this game is at RB where after Jamal Charles gets done after the first quarter Texas will be breaking out Vondrell Mcgee for his first collegiate game. The redshirt freshman put up huge numbers in HS. The east Texas district that he played in is arguably one of the best HS districts in the country as the NFL talent that has come out of there is just ridiculous.

Mcgee has reportedly looked outstanding in summer workouts and is the Longhorn that I’m looking forward the most to make his debut this year. Someone needs to step up and take the #2 spot behind Charles since he isn’t the 25 carries per game type of back IMO and he had the case of fumbles last year when splitting time with Selvin Young who I’m very glad graduated.

The other position which will be crucial to Texas this season is the back-up QB position. The team fell apart when Colt Mccoy went down with the injury and it was obvious Mack didn’t trust the true-frosh Snead who had just went only 13-30 for 190 yards in the loss vs. KSU.

When Snead had to play in the KSU game when Mccoy went down in the opening drive he had only attempted 17 passes all year even though UT had plenty of opportunities to give him more chances in blowout games.

Based off of Snead’s performance vs. KSU, Brown played in obviously injured Mccoy who couldn’t even throw the ball thirty yards downfield in that game. Brown admitted it was one of the biggest mistakes he’s ever made not playing Snead more to get him ready since it ended not only the teams MNC hopes but the Big 12 title.

With Snead transferring to Ole Miss this leaves Texas inexperienced once again at the back-up QB spot and rest assured Brown won’t make the same mistake twice which means this game will get ugly if they are airing the ball out more. Fighting for the back-up role are two bigtime playmakers in RS FR Sherrod Harris and the 5 star true frosh John Chiles.

While Mccoy had an outstanding freshman season he will probably be the last non-dual threat QB Texas has starting for them for awhile when he moves on. Harris and Chiles fits the VY type offense Texas uses as both these kids can fly. In the spring game both QBs had electric runs for TDs.

I had this game pegged at around –45 so playing it at –37 is a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Great Stuff.

I am liking California a lot in that game and I think they get it done. Huge Huge Huge game for the program and the Pac-10. I would really like to see it at a cheaper price though. What do you think about the total in that game. While 52 is by no means a low number, I see a lot of scoring also in this one. I think Cal will score a ton in this game but I can also see the Vols scoring as well. The Bear's weakness this year is defense as theirs will not be as good as their previous underrated squads. They lose some terrific players on D and I think Tennessee will be able to score through the air, especially if they fall behind early and have to pass a lot. Any thoughts on this total?

my only concern in the LSU game is that Miles may not get too fancy in an effort to not give Frank Beamer much "new film" to review before the following week's game.

But, Miles taking his foot off of the pedal simply means LSU scores 35 instead of 50

love the cal game. i believe the vols offense will be sluggish in this one with the new wideouts, running back by committee, etc.

texas will dominate as usual. 49 0r 56 to 7 is what i'm seeing.

Nice writeups as always Horn, look like very solid plays! BOL on the season!

Good write-ups as always SHUSHorn. You have a good book for the player props this year?

Texas Tech –9 @ SMU (5 UNITS)

Texas Tech has won this game by double digits 4 of the last 5 years (they didn’t play two years ago) including last years 35-3 blowout in Lubbock. I understand this game is at SMU but the guys from Vegas might need to start rethinking these home lines for in-state games in Texas.

Just like when Texas travels to Houston to take on Rice or UH in their stadium the rabid Longhorn base in that city eats up all the tickets and its pretty much a home game for UT.

The same can probably be said here where SMU avgs 15,000 fans a game it will probably double because most TT grads usually end up moving to Dallas. This won’t be much of a homefield advantage for the Mustangs.

The biggest mismatch in this game will be the TT passing attack that has finished #1 in the country 4 of the last 6 years. They face an SMU defense that finished 110th against the pass. SMU has to replace 3 starting DL and 5 off of its two deep. If they can’t get any pressure up front vs TT it’s going to be a very long day.

The key in this game will be the improved play of TT QB Graham Harrell. He was the youngest QB to start for Leach since Kingsbury did it in Leach’s first year seven years ago. Many of us expected big things from Harrell since he was the best QB recruit Leach has ever gotten in his time at Tech. It was obvious early on though that Harrell wasn't fully comfortable with the offense but boy did he take off in the second half.

In the games vs Mizzu and Colorado Harrell was benched for certain times during the games and even Leach called the move disruptive. Harrell would take the rest of the snaps the entire last 6 games and Tech went 4-2 with the losses only coming in a 4 point loss to Texas and a 10 point loss in Norman vs OU. Harrell was great throwing 19 TDs and only 4 INTS in those last 6 games including that crazy bowl comeback vs Minnesota.

TT should win by double digits once again.

Also guys I've always played favorites mostly. This isn't the NFL and you would think with 119 D-I schools you could find 6-7 faves each Saturday that will cover.

Good stuff Horn. Nice to see I am not the only one who believes TT will win that one by double digits. Love the fact that the line is dropping, so just gonna wait and see if it drops anymore before I jump on it, although I see tremendous value now that it is under 10. Best of luck this season!

Along the lines of Horn's observation that Harris and Chiles will see action in games at times that matter, this from the Statesman today:

Here come the Horns

Coach Mack Brown wants to develop a second-team QB in case he has a repeat of November.

<SCRIPT src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/js/NewsworthyAudioC2L.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/newsworthy/statesman/sports/stories/longhorns/08/07/statesman_sports_stories_longhorns_08_07_0807texfoot.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>By Suzanne Halliburton
AMERICAN-STATESMAN
Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Mack Brown has instructed his staff that he doesn't want the absence of one player to make a difference in his team's fortunes.

That's why the Texas coach appears to be giving more than lip service to the thought of playing two quarterbacks when the season starts Sept. 1 against Arkansas State.

He doesn't want a repeat of last November, when the Longhorns lost starting quarterback Colt McCoy to a neck stinger and tumbled from national championship contenders to a second-tier bowl berth in a span of two games.

"I want (the backup) to be playing in games that matter, when the game still is competitive, without it breaking our rhythm," Brown said. "It's tough to do."

Problem is, the young quarterbacks vying to back up McCoy have yet to distinguish themselves.

Sherrod Harris and John Chiles stayed even throughout the summer, and the competition remained in a dead heat when preseason workouts began Monday night.

Brown said Monday he wants the backup quarterback spot to have resolved itself by the end of preseason.

The Longhorns haven't played two quarterbacks consistently since 2003, when then-junior Chance Mock earned the starting spot in August before giving way to dynamic redshirt freshman Vince Young.

In Brown's nine years at Texas, he's been forced to turn to the second-team quarterback for season-saving situations.

Major Applewhite successfully substituted for an injured Richard Walton for most of 1998. Chris Simms started a game in 1999 when Applewhite fell ill before Texas A&M. Simms and Applewhite split time in 2000, and the pair also saw significant action in 2001.

The durable Young never missed a snap because of injury from the mid-point of 2004 through the 2005 national championship game. A second-team quarterback during that span became an afterthought.

"We got away from playing (the second-teamer) with Vince, and we got away from it with Colt," Brown said.

Young left for the NFL a season earlier than expected, leaving Texas with two teenagers last fall to direct the offense. McCoy, then a redshirt freshman, edged freshman Jevan Snead during summer drills a year ago, so the starting job basically was settled when preseason camp began last August.

But the Longhorns couldn't risk the development of McCoy by giving more plays to Snead, who saw limited action — mostly a half against Rice and Sam Houston and all but one series at Kansas State — and had 49 pass attempts all season. He transferred to Ole Miss.

McCoy tied a national freshman record with 29 touchdown passes, but was knocked out of the game early in a loss to Kansas State and still was struggling in a loss at home to Texas A&M.

McCoy, who recovered with a 308-yard effort in the Alamo Bowl victory over Iowa, acknowledged Monday that he is far enough in his development that the Longhorns can afford to give playing time to either Harris or Chiles.

"Right now, you can't tell a lot about either one of them," McCoy said.
"One of them will be ready to go. ... Who knows, we may play all three this year."

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but here's notes from yesterday's Texas practice. Of particular note is that Mack and the coaches are really making the FB position a competitive race brining in Bobino and Lokey from defense to try their luck at short gain situations.

Texas struggled running between the tackles last year and especially in short gain situations (see Mack's sacrifice of Colt at the KSU goalline resulting in 2 losses).

Longhorns football notebook

Cosby shines in opening practice, Lokey set to give offense a try

<SCRIPT src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/js/NewsworthyAudioC2L.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/newsworthy/statesman/sports/stories/longhorns/08/07/statesman_sports_stories_longhorns_08_07_0807texnotesfinal.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>By Alan Trubow, Cedric Golden
Tuesday, August 07, 2007

McCoy: A brainiac?

Quarterback Colt McCoy was in a playful mood after Monday's practice.
He had a simple answer when asked who was the smartest player on the team.

"Me," McCoy said. "Although some of those freshmen did pretty well on their SATs."

The follow-up question: who's the cockiest player on the team?

"I don't know," McCoy said. "I probably shouldn't answer this because I'll get in trouble. But it's definitely a defender. It's not anybody on offense."

Play of the day

The wide receivers are supposed to be one of the Longhorns' greatest strengths this season. Quan Cosby showed why in the first practice.
The junior made a leaping, one-handed catch on a pass from McCoy close to the sideline for about a 30-yard gain during the evening's final session.
Cosby had 45 catches for 525 yards last season.

An Arkansas State guarantee

Arkansas State tight end David Johnson is not short on confidence. He was brimming with optimism in an Associated Press article previewing his team, which begins Sept. 1 in Austin against the Longhorns, who are ranked in the top five.

That's no worry for Johnson, apparently.

"I look at our schedule, and I am thinking we can go 12-0," Johnson said. "I am ready to go out and try to beat Texas."

Johnson, a 6-foot-2-inch, 268-pound junior, started all 12 of Arkansas State's games in 2007. He caught 13 passes for 200 yards and a touchdown.

Lokey on offense too

Defensive tackle Derek Lokey is looking forward to getting back on the field after breaking his left leg last season.

He's especially looking forward to getting back on offense.
Lokey, who spent time at fullback in short-yardage situations last year, is ready to do it again.

"I would have loved to been in those situations last year," Lokey said of when the Longhorns struggled to run the ball late in the season. "Kansas State, Texas A&M, I would have loved to get in there and be the battering ram. This year we'll do it again, so that will be fun.

Linebacker Rashad Bobino also will play fullback in short-yardage situations. Junior Nic Redwine switched from linebacker to fullback this spring.

You seem to have a lot of units out in the first couple weeks. What percentage of your bankroll is 1 unit if you don't mind me asking?

yeah pags what the fuck is going on here? i knwo for a fact though that when pags plays a fav you better get your ass on that and mortgage a play cuz it always wins

I'm a longhorn fan of sorts so hope that comes in for sure. I will be on smu +11.5 in the BENNETT CIRCLED game. So maybe we can middle that. Best of luck this year ... but i still hope the red raiders dont smoke the mustangs.

Missouri –5.5 vs Illinois (3 UNITS) (played in St. Louis, MO)

I just don’t understand this line one bit and think a lot of it has to do with the hype surrounding the recruiting class Zook has been able to bring in. Too bad these kids are young and won’t really factor much in this game. Did Vegas even look at the fact this team went 2-10 last year and have only won 4 games in two years?

Yes they didn’t get blown out in every game but every loss was still more then this spread except for the loss to Indiana. Then again Mizzu is much better then Indiana.

Missouri along with Nebraska are the favorites to win the Big 12 north. Mizzu had 3 last second losses last year and could’ve easily been 11-2.

Mizzu is led by one of the best QBs in the country in Chase Daniel who should only be better after completing his first year as a sophomore starter. Daniel led Mizzu to the #8 offense in the country last year. On offense they return 9starters and defensively they return 7 from last year.

Both teams practically bring back the same amount of starters on both sides of the ball but the Illini are much more inexperienced.

I’ve never seen more pre-season hype about an offense that was horrible the season before. A lot of hype surrounds Juice Williams and while he looks like he has all the tools he was terrible last year. Illinois was dead last in passing efficiency and Williams hit only 39% of his passes. When I watched him play he looked so loss and either took stupid sacks or just took off running.

The offense barley avg 20 ppg and the player they are banking on to help it get to the next level was in HS last year (Arrelious Benn). Don’t get me wrong Benn is a stud but he’ll still be playing his first ever college game here.

When looking at the defense you kind of scratch your head wondering why they finished 33rd in total defense but 91st in scoring defense. They didn’t give up long drives but they didn’t stop anyone when they got into the red zone and that might be because the defense wasn’t opportunistic enough only creating 20 turnovers which was third to last in the country.

Missouri banks on big plays and scoring a lot of points and I just don’t see an inconsistent offense or a defense that gives up a ton of points keeping up.

great stuff, bud. nice to see you off to an early start on week one. gotta lot of reading to do to catch up, but i like them all.

With you on missouri. agree with most of your points in here on this game !! Hope you are right heheh. I think one of the reasons they ranked higher in total defense but so poorly in scoring defense was due to a lot of turnovers and a HORRIFIC punting unit that resulted in some short fields for opponents. With you all the way .... lets cash this mizzou ticket !

oh ya , should say something in here bout the injuries ( not sure how severe yet ) tigers suffered in fall already. RB Temple and CB Ricks got banged up. For more info on that go to RJ esq FN newstories thread.

oh ya , should say something in here bout the injuries ( not sure how severe yet ) tigers suffered in fall already. RB Temple and CB Ricks got banged up. For more info on that go to RJ esq FN newstories thread.

The Ricks injury will hurt since he seperated his shoulder but Temple is fine. He is day-to-day with a bruised knee.

horses and stacks,

believe it guys...lol...just rather trust my money in week one with these teams...LSU really impressed me towards the end of last year and I remember that they really seem to own MSU...I also watch Texas destroy all of their week one opponents every frickin' year, so I figured I'd better get involved...and the Cal game I've had circled for a while now...I hate going against Tennessee as a dog, but I do feel this is a nice situational play...just want you guys to know I'am still gonna be on a few dogs in week one too...lol...

horn,

agree with your analysis of the Missouri play, but will most likely sit this one out...am still bitter how Pinkel gave up that lead in the bowl game, I mean I still cashed, but geez...I think Daniel is as an efficient of a QB as there is in the country and he's got a ton of weapon's to work with...until Juice Williams can complete at least 50% of his passes and Zook shows me he's not a moronic in-game coach (which may be never), I can't trust Illinois with my money...GL bro...

Cap--

Won't speak for Horn, but there is some value getting the number under 38. However, it probably ain't much.

As Horn says, UT will win by 40+ so it will probably still cash.

Whether you play it as a big play after the line has gone up some is up to you.

horses and stacks,

believe it guys...lol...just rather trust my money in week one with these teams...LSU really impressed me towards the end of last year and I remember that they really seem to own MSU...I also watch Texas destroy all of their week one opponents every frickin' year, so I figured I'd better get involved...and the Cal game I've had circled for a while now...I hate going against Tennessee as a dog, but I do feel this is a nice situational play...just want you guys to know I'am still gonna be on a few dogs in week one too...lol...

horn,

agree with your analysis of the Missouri play, but will most likely sit this one out...am still bitter how Pinkel gave up that lead in the bowl game, I mean I still cashed, but geez...I think Daniel is as an efficient of a QB as there is in the country and he's got a ton of weapon's to work with...until Juice Williams can complete at least 50% of his passes and Zook shows me he's not a moronic in-game coach (which may be never), I can't trust Illinois with my money...GL bro...

Youll be waiting a long long time on Juice completing 50% cause I dont see it happening.

Love the plays Horn. Hammered Texas as well and will most likely add another unit or 2. Still thinking about the Cal play. Im just hoping Cal can actually play some defense this year. Agree on basically all of them and will be following on Mizzu with ya. GL

ADDING

Oklahoma St. +7 @ Georgia (3 UNITS)

Been going back and forth with this game but have decided to pull the trigger as it seems according to recent practice reports that Georgia still hasn’t solved the offensive problems that plagued them last year.

The issue has been the line where 8 out of the 10 players vying for the top spots in the depth chart and probably three starters on the OL going to be true freshman. Also 4 of the OL, including two projected starters have all been banged up missing time. During practices they’ve only had about 8 OL scholarship players. That is ugly and that is what Richt has described practices so far.

We all know Okie St. has one of the best offenses in the country with them and Boise being the only school to rush for over 200 yards passing & rushing per game. They return 9 from that offense.

The defense gave up a ton of points and yards through the air last year. They have a new DC coming to town in former Ohio St. secondary coach Tim Beckman who was a 3-time Frank Broyles nominee for asst. coach of the year. His defense was young last year having 2 LBs make the Freshman All-American team, and a secondary featuring two more All-Big 12 freshman players including Sexton who was Big 12 FPOY. This unit with more experience and a new coach should improve drastically.

Okie St. was in shootouts all year last year and 4 of their losses were by 4 points or less. If the defense can keep them in ball games more so the offense can showcase their stuff this team will surprise quite a few teams this year including Georgia in this upset special.

Regular Season Props

Bodog was one of the first books that I discovered a couple of years ago would post some of the most idiotic prop bets ever. I absolutely used to ass-fuck them over and over cashing in left and right. I obviously wasn’t the only one doing so as the last two years they’ve only handed out a select few prop bets and usually wait for Olympic to post theirs first.

Well browsing through their site recently I noticed they had a ton of NFL player season prop bets that they were going to have for the upcoming season. No lines yet but just a listing of what they are going to offer. God I hope they do the same because so far some of the early ones they’ve produced have been absolute steals. The limits are too low obviously ($100 max) but maybe that’s a good thing so I don’t have a ton of money out until January.

Chris Wells OVER 625.5 Rushing Yards (1 UNIT)
Chris Wells OVER 7 TDs (1 UNIT)

The guy rushed for 576 yards last year avg 5.5 ypc backing up Antonio Pittman. He’ll be running behind arguably one of the best OLs in the country. The only real threat for yards is Maurice Wells who almost transferred and is more of a third down back.

With Pittman moving on Wells shows why he was the #1 RB recruit in the nation 2 years ago. Pittman was the #1 RB last year for the Buckeyes and takes with him to the NFL his 1233 yards. Wonder who is going to make up for all that lost yardage?

Wells scored 7 TDs last year including 6 Tds in his last 6 regular season games when he started taking on a bigger role in the offense. Pittman like above takes his 14 rushing TDs last year to the NFL.

Buckeye boys am I missing something here?

Jermichael Finley OVER 4 TDs (1 UNIT)
Jermichael Finley OVER 480 Passing Yards (1 UNIT)

Playing in his first collegiate season last year as a RS freshman Finley was overshadowed by his fellow frosh QB Colt McCoy and the stable of Texas WRs. Finley only caught 8 passes in the first 7 games of the season but became more of a weapon the final 6 games of the season and finished with 31 receptions for 372 yards and 3 TDs. He'll be a weapon from Day 1 this season.

Mark my words this guy when he comes out will be the #1 TE taken in the NFL draft. The reports of him this spring and summer have been outstanding and the chemistry between him and Colt will easily get him over the 4 TD mark to win this game.

OC Greg Davis loves his TEs (Scaife & Thomas both in the NFL) and Finley has more talent then both. At 6’4 and his jumping ability he is an obvious mismatch in the red zone.

Whoever set those numbers for the Chris Wells props knows nothing about Ohio State football for 2007. With the soft schedule at the beginning of the year, he will surpass those numbers by the midway point of the season. Too bad those limits are so low because that is free money.

Are you kidding me? Wells OVER/ UNDER 625??? I guess bodog is going to try to write this loss off on their taxes as gifts to charity. Sign me up

Horn...I just hit that..

the 100 max bet is Yag as shit but that's the worst line i've ever seen...

The must play week 1 is Yag too...

Let's hope his small stinger is fine for YSU game...insiders say he's 100%..

That line is TERRIBLE..

Great find..

Thats an awesome find, the only thing that sucks about it is now I will have $170 on my bodog account in October and terrible lines to bet it on... Great Work... I am already considering myself +7 units on the year haha, j/k, dont want to jinx it.

BTW, does bodog pay out futures once it hits, or is this gonna be lingering until the end of the season, I have a feeling he will hit this after 7 games. The real over under should be:

Will Chris Wells break 626 in OVER/UNDER: 7 Games :cheers:

Back