NCAA Week Five

SHSUHorn

Thief
NCAA 2008 YTD 32-15 +55.80 UNITS

Sorry guys hopefully the internet comes back on after this weekend. These were plays all hit Sunday night the only added late game was the Arkansas play as I went back and forth on it. I still can’t believe how many dogs I liked this week and how many SEC games I like.

GL to you guys!

UNC +7 @ Miami (2 UNITS)

Butch Davis is going to try and pull the upset at his old stomping grounds and will have to do so with a backup QB. Nothing on paper really points to UNC keeping this within a TD but too much stock is being put on Miami’s offensive outburst vs A&M. Yes folks Aggie is really that bad this year espeically in the trenches. UNC have played in a ton of close ball games under Davis and I could really see this game being a low scoring ugly ACC game.

Houston +10 @ East Carolina (4 UNITS)

I bet against every Houston team in damn near every sport the week of Hurrican Ike and they all hit. Things are starting to return to normal around here and UH is a much better team then what they showed vs Air Force & CSU. The Cougs still have one of the 10 best offenses in the country and should be able to move the ball on a ECU defense that doesn’t seem itself with Cotton out.

Arkansas +27.5 @ Texas (4 UNITS)

Yeah it’s an old rivalry game but many expect Texas to win this game rather easily and so do the fans who will probably leave at halftime since ACL is in town that weekend (one of the biggest yearly concert events in Austin).

This was suppose to be Texas bye week to prepare for the hurricane and most notably OU in two weeks and a trip to CU next week. Mack seemed a little shaken by the devastating injury to promising TE Blaine Irby. With Finley unexpectedly leaving early for the pros, and both Irby and Marshall out for the year Texas is weeeeeak at TE. That injury might make Brown pull his starters even quicker with Big 12 play coming.

If Colt gets pulled early then the backdoor should be wide open as I’m just not impressed with John Chiles at QB. The kid needs to move to WR if he has any chance of playing on Sundays. Sure Texas was able to score against Rice with Chiles at QB running every play but it won’t be as easy even against this shitty Arkie defense. Texas also has no true threat at RB especially if Fozzy Whitaker can’t play. I smell a backdoor cover here as Mack pulls the dogs early.

Tennessee @ Auburn –6 (5 UNITS)

The Vols are not a good football team and Auburn showed vs LSU that it can move the ball even early in the season with its new spread offense. UT doesn’t have the DL and depth that LSU had that made Auburn’s offense struggle and with Crompton struggling in the passing game won’t be able to put up more then 2 TDs vs Auburn’s defense. I like Auburn to win this by at least 2 TDs in one of the better games on the board.

Ole Miss +23.5 @ Florida (4 UNITS)

He might be a jackass but Houston Nutt is a pretty underrated coach in the college ranks. Ole Miss has played good football this year with close losses to Vanderbilt and Purdue. The Florida offense doesn’t seem itself this year early on and Meyer is already blaming it on the rule changes. Whether the offense will get on track or not the defense has been pretty incredible early on. Turnovers have been key to both teams season as Florida has been very fortunate while Ole Miss hasn’t. Jevan Snead should be more then fired up to face Florida after how his recruitment went with Urban Meyer and I think this game is a lot closer then many think.

Alabama +6 @ Georgia (4 UNITS)

Oh no I made this play before Georgia decided to go black on their unis! I’m making this play based solely on what I’ve seen upfront in Bama’s DL and Georgia’s OL. I think Bama has a huge edge here and this game is going to be UGLY for both offenses. In a low scoring affair that this game should turn out to be I’ll gladly take the point and the team with the edge in the treches and on the sidelines. Alabama looks for real.

Army +28 @ A&M (4 UNITS)

The real cadets face the JROTC guys from College Station. Is A&M with all of its injuries, coaching changes and lack of any real talent up front 28 points better then anyone? A&M has some major issues in the trenches. The OL has no talent and it’s led to horrible rushing numbers despite the talent in the backfield. The DL hasn’t been able to stop the run either as they are giving up 210 rushing ypg.

Yes Army blows ass and has blown ass in every game but were talking about 4 TDs here. This is a 28-7 type game.

UCONN @ Louisville –3 (4 UNITS)

Is it me or does Louisville always play well at home on these weeknight games on ESPN? I like the matchup here as Louisville has played very well vs the run early on and well UCONN just can’t throw the ball.

Purdue +2.5 @ Notre Dame (4 UNITS)

I’m not jumping on the ND bandwagon just yet. They have no running game and are having to put the offense in Clausen’s hands and I’m not sure he’s ready yet. The defense has had no pass rush and only has one sack in the first three games. Purdue is the better balanced team across the board on offense and defense and is clearly the better team. Don’t believe the Irish hype just yet.

Ula-la @ KSU –21 (4 UNITS)

KSU is 13-1 vs the Sun Belt and for some reason has always seemed to just murder inferior opponents over the years. KSU had a setback last week vs Louisville and I fully expect Freeman and an offense avg close to 50 ppg to do what it always does for me…cover against shit teams.

Last edited:
BOL horn, lookin at adding the ville as well.... theyve already burned me twice this year so like wyoming did earlier in the season im trying to be proactive and learn from it.

great start to the season so far.... card looks solid. gl

loving the card, horn...dogs seem to bark hard come conference time, if history repeats itself...we've already seen this happen on thursday with mah boys going down... here's to a great weekend, bro.:cheers:

Really liking the card SHSUHorn. There are only a couple I potentially disagree with; however, even at that, I will not play them. I especially like Army, Houston, Auburn and Ole Miss.

BOL!

Subject

Yo Horn, glad to see your picks up on the board.

We're not on opposite sides of any games, but really not any games I'm looking at either.

I had considered Houston, although I was burned by them vs Air Force, but I think East Carolina has lost their confidence and Houston is looking to make a statement.

Great card brother, my only bet against however in KSU.It is true that they love to hammer the weak i just dont think ULL is that weak in this particular match-up. Im almost certain that ULL can control the clock and get at least 24 on the worst tackling team i have seen yet. GL as always as ill add a few off your card as wel.

as with BAR I patiently await your post for as you are $$$$$$$....i was worried when i did not see anything as of yesterday. now i can sleep well :)

thanks !!!!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1064810 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
post_new.gif
Today, 04:57 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right>#17 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>biggoob<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1064810", true); </SCRIPT>
BAR follower only

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You poor, poor soul...good luck with that...

God's Speed...

Completely disagree with UNC, Miami is very good and getting no respect they are my play of the day! I like the rest of our card!

GL Horn. Whats the feeling down there on the Sherminator? Guessing its not very positive. I think hes a good coach just cant see him being a very good recruiter

so far, this card has potential to be absolutely amazing.

that louisville is the only definite loss, a few ark tds and u could have one of ur better weeks of teh season

Started off well and fizzled out to go 5-5 and losing 5.10 units.

Not having internet right now is driving me crazy.

Horn - That's got to be driving you nuts, hang in there and hope things get better with the infrastructure problems in your area.

while this thread is bumped i'd just like to send my best. hope things are settling down in your area.

always enjoy reading your stuff.

Back