NCAA Week 1

J Galt

Everyone's got a price.....
YTD 0-0

This is better than Christmas, my birthday, and all the days off I get a year.

All 1 unit:

Kent +4 (-105)
UNLV -6.5 (+100)
Miami -4.5

Saturday (YTD 4-0 +3.75 units)

UVA -3 - 2 units - Went from being off this game to jumping on board with the Hoos. The issue here is Al and Mike Groh are driving, and they are not good at all on the road. Would I be surprised to see them go on the road and lay an egg here? A little, but it's not like it hasn't happened before. The fact of the matter here is that UVa has a very good defense led by DC Ron English (keep an eye on this guy, he'll be the HC at a Big Ten/Big 12/SEC school in the next few years). The offense, by all accounts, has been lacking, with no receivers stepping up to help out the great TEs in the passing game. Sewell has been practicing lightly, which I liked hearing, but he's a game and should be up for this game. Him and the o-line alone should be the difference if the game is called well and UVa keeps the foot on the peddle. This is a big game starting what could be a successful year for the program (and a potential job-saver for Groh).

Okie St +6.5 - 2 units - The other game I like a lot this weekend. Okie Lite has been ripped over the past couple weeks for not being able to win on the road, for having a bad defense, for not winning big games, etc. I think that Mike Gundy has a chance this year to change some of this and the perceptions of the program that his predecessor hand a big hand in developing. I think we see this UGa team get knocked down a peg off of their high preseason ranking and hopefully get a show from that Cowboy offense.

Duke +4.5 - 1 unit - More of a UConn fade than a Duke bet. This should be an ugly ass game.

Ole Piss -2.5 - 1 unit - This game has been discussed at length here and other places, this was a weird line (I thought Memphis would be favored) and after review, you see that the Rebs have a lot of guys returning and a hungry coach looking at a season when he sees potential to win more games than he has in the past 2 seasons combined. I'll give it a chance.

BC -5.5 - 1 unit - I'm seeing a ton of Wake out there this weekend. Why? BC has a new coach who's not a conservative pussy and everybody back from a good (yet underachieving) group last year. No more smoke, no more mirrors, and a lot of revenge opportunities for the Eagles tonight.

Texas -38.5 - 1 unit - Those of you who know me are thinking "Who is logged into Uncle Galtie's account posting these bets???" right now. :36_11_6: The fact is, I agree with everything said on here, I fully expect Mack Brown to be a dick and RUTS this game, even with all the injuries and suspensions. I honestly think it will be a huge victory for Arkie St if they can get a touchdown on the board today.

Good luck all
Peace_5.gif

Last edited:
Looks like you're right, Testicle U is doing everything they can to lose this game right now.

Thanks Al, GL to you on this great weekend too buddy

Washington -3 - 1 unit - This is a weird play for me, but I feel like this line is weird and I'm still not totally sold on this Cuse team. I'll try the Huskies for a small play.

GL fellas :prayer

Lets hope they hold on, bro, I would feel much more comfortable with more points on the board, Huskies are not taking advantage of all the many opportunities the Orange are giving them.

GL on the season JG. What are your thoughts on your Cavs and Wyoming tomorrow?

Saturday (YTD 4-0 +3.75 units)

UVA -3 - 2 units - Went from being off this game to jumping on board with the Hoos. The issue here is Al and Mike Groh are driving, and they are not good at all on the road. Would I be surprised to see them go on the road and lay an egg here? A little, but it's not like it hasn't happened before. The fact of the matter here is that UVa has a very good defense led by DC Ron English (keep an eye on this guy, he'll be the HC at a Big Ten/Big 12/SEC school in the next few years). The offense, by all accounts, has been lacking, with no receivers stepping up to help out the great TEs in the passing game. Sewell has been practicing lightly, which I liked hearing, but he's a game and should be up for this game. Him and the o-line alone should be the difference if the game is called well and UVa keeps the foot on the peddle. This is a big game starting what could be a successful year for the program (and a potential job-saver for Groh).

Okie St +6.5 - 2 units - The other game I like a lot this weekend. Okie Lite has been ripped over the past couple weeks for not being able to win on the road, for having a bad defense, for not winning big games, etc. I think that Mike Gundy has a chance this year to change some of this and the perceptions of the program that his predecessor hand a big hand in developing. I think we see this UGa team get knocked down a peg off of their high preseason ranking and hopefully get a show from that Cowboy offense.

Duke +4.5 - 1 unit - More of a UConn fade than a Duke bet. This should be an ugly ass game.

Ole Piss -2.5 - 1 unit - This game has been discussed at length here and other places, this was a weird line (I thought Memphis would be favored) and after review, you see that the Rebs have a lot of guys returning and a hungry coach looking at a season when he sees potential to win more games than he has in the past 2 seasons combined. I'll give it a chance.

BC -5.5 - 1 unit - I'm seeing a ton of Wake out there this weekend. Why? BC has a new coach who's not a conservative pussy and everybody back from a good (yet underachieving) group last year. No more smoke, no more mirrors, and a lot of revenge opportunities for the Eagles tonight.

Texas -38.5 - 1 unit - Those of you who know me are thinking "Who is logged into Uncle Galtie's account posting these bets???" right now. :36_11_6: The fact is, I agree with everything said on here, I fully expect Mack Brown to be a dick and RUTS this game, even with all the injuries and suspensions. I honestly think it will be a huge victory for Arkie St if they can get a touchdown on the board today.

Fucking Ole Miss worthless piece of shit bastard sons of bitch whore give up a 23 point second half lead to give up backdoor cover giving douchebag motherfuckers!!!!!

Last two plays of this shitty day:

K State +14 (-105) - 1 unit
Tenny +7 (+100) - 1 unit

Don't like to see you on the Vols, JG.

Didn't like the fact that your Hoos took it up the hooter, either.

But all I need is a Cal win, so we can both get this f**ker.

Good luck today.

JGalt - I am fucking disgraced at our performance in the second half last week (Ole Miss). As I said at the other site, I had backed off my position that we would cover 3, but thought we'd still win the game. I'm pissed off that I was right!

That being said, my biggest game of next weekend is Mizzou laying 6 in Oxford. Chase Daniels is going to rip our D a new one, IMO. Lay the 6 and thank me later.

Oh, and I'm on FSU big tonight too. GL to us.

Ramble, them folding up like that was just pathetic, what the fuck happened? Ugh, that loss was the start of a really awful weekend for me, and the Semenholes are finishing it off nice with a completely inept performance in Death Valley. Can't wait for next week already!

Back