NCAA Week 1 Plays

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

YTD 0-0
Sides 0-0
Totals 0-0

After looking at these games for a couple weeks Ive pretty much decided what the 1st week plays are going to be. Made money each of the last 3 years and thats all I ask for
All plays are 1-5 units with the very very rare 6 unit one.

1 unit
Boston College -6 W
I usually dont like betting on 1st year Head coaches in their 1st game but I know Jagodzinski and hes a good coach. Likes to pound the ball implements a zone blocking scheme in each of his last 2 stops (Atlanta and Green Bay) both which were successfull. This is a great situation for Jagz to come into with very experienced Senior RB who both can be very good if used enough. Not only that he comes into a situation with the best QB in the ACC in my opinion. Last year he put up 402 against Wake in the loss. I think this offense could explode this year but protection and turnovers are going to be big. BC should be able to run the ball better against Wake with them losing Abate. They only had 28 yards on 25 carries last year against them. If it comes down to FG though I could be in trouble with Wake having one of the best in the country in Swank. I dont really get Steele calling for a last place finish for BC. I have them maybe winning their conference.

Arizona +6. Maybe ML havent decided L
BYU loses their most important piece of the offense in Beck and I think thats going to hurt them a ton. Beck was a machine last year and he ran that offense perfectly. Sophomore Hall comes in and obviously he wont put anything close to Becks numbers. Last year Arizona was favored in this same spot by 6' and Zona won 16-13. Im a huge Willie Tuitama fan. The things he did to beat ranked Washington Stte and Cal were great and sold me on him. This team can be very incosisent thogh at times as shown last year they go beat those two and then go into Eugene and destroy Oregon and come back the next week and lose to ASU at home. Every year people say this is Mike Stoops year and Zona is a sleeper team and it never turns out. They havent made a bowl game with him yet. This is his 4th year at Zona and Im finally going to say this is their year to make it to a bowl game. BYU does have very good DB's. They return Criddle who started 12 games last year and both safeties who started 13 and 12 respectivly. Im liking Zona to keep it within a FG though but still have to look a little harder at the ML

FSU/Clemson Under 44.5
I cant see Clemson doing anything against this Seminole defense. Clemson Oline is dog shit and FSU defense is top in the conference. I know Clemson has the killer combo in Davis/Spiller but if no one can block for them where are they going to go. Cant throw the ball and Im hoping Korn doesnt come in this game because he wont even know what hit him and could throw many many INT's. I say Clemson wont score more than 13 and though FSU should have great field possession set up all night I cant see them getting past 27. Im still not a big Weatherford fan and want to see Lee get a chance this year but heres to a grind it out game of running attacks lol.

Wisconsin/Washington State Under 48.5 L
Was just scrolling threw the lines and cant believe I didnt catch it earlier. Wisconsin comes in as one of the top defensive teams in the Big 10 and I think they could end up Top 10 Nationally when all said and done. They bring back 7 out of their 11 including Chapman, Shaugnessy, Hayden on the front line, Cassillas and Levy on the LB core, and then shutdown corner (and Xbox theif) Jack Ike who could be AA this year. I cant see Wazzu putting up more than 2 TD's in Camp Randall against this defense. And with the Badgers bringing in a brand new QB and healthy Hill returning it should be grind it out fast pace game on the offensive side. I can see 27(maybe) to 14 something like that. Will most likely add another unit closer to game time

Nebraska -12 1H L
Texas -21.5 1H L

2 units
GT +3 W
Ill have a bigger writeup on this game later in the week.
Texas -37.5 (also will play 1st half) L
Just from past years this has ass whooping all over it. Texas has not taken it easy over anyone in the posting 56 points or more the last 4years. and only allowing a combined 17 points in thos years with no team scoring over a TD. So maybe Ark. State does get lucky and score a TD but i cant seeing them score more than that. Texas should be able to easily get 6 or 7 of them and odds are they will probally end up with 56-63 points.

Miami -17 (followed Rex) W
1H USC -26.5 L

3 units
FSU -1.5
BAR's writeup is the consensus thought on this board so go take a look at his thread and those are exactly my thoughts.

Leans (will add some of these later)
Troy +24.5
Oregon State -6.5
Va Tech -24
UCONN -5.5
Memphis +3
Wisconsin -13
San Jose State +15

Heres to a great season guys. Lets all pound the bookies:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cannot argue with any of them. I am still in shock that the under in Clemson is a full point higher now than when I played it. I think thats a gift as well.

Great thoughts bro..

bst of luck this season

Thanks BAR. Was going to play Michigan State as well but Its up to 19 so I cant pull the trigger there. Wish I would have jumped on it right away

Cant believe I didnt really see this line earlier. But im going with Wisky/Wazzu Under 48.5. Wisconsin defense could be Top 10 nationally this year. And with a new QB coming in it should be grind it out football

Fondy what are your thoughts on our Badgers total. Doesnt it seem kind of high

Fondy what are your thoughts on our Badgers total. Doesnt it seem kind of high
Fondy is playing with himself.

As you may or may not know I am high on Wisky this year. Like that defense to be above-average and think the QB situation will be just fine. If its Tyler I like his game and think he will manage this team just fine. He has weapons around him to make things succeed.

As far as that total, interesting, no real feel for myself on it. I do understand your reasoning on Wisky gameplan though.

BTW Moneylines are up at Bookmaker now. Will probally play a couple of those. GTech, Memphis to be sure maybe Zona

Added
1H Nebraska -12.5
1H USC- 26.5 (2 units)
1H -21.5

Western Michigan/WVU over 53

11 plays total for they week. I am now going to most likely sit back and wait until Saturday to finally watch some real football. Unless I somehow find something that I cant pass up this should do it. GL to all on opening weekend

Updated card
1 unit
Zona +6
Wisky Under 48.5
FSU Under 44.5
Nebraska 1H -12.5
Mizzou 2H PK
2 units
BC -6
Texas -37.5
GT +3
1H Texas -21.5
1H USC -26.5
West Virginia Over 53
3 units
Florida St -1.5

Last edited by a moderator:
5-5-1 so far on the day. Dont have WVU over inside the thread but followed BAR on it. Hopefully USC cashes for a profitable day. Mizzou absolutely screwed me over in letting Illinois come back

1 unit
Zona +6
Wisky Under 48.5
FSU Under 44.5
Nebraska 1H -12.5
Mizzou 2H PK

Wisconsin -14
Miami -18
2 units
BC -6
Texas -37.5
GT +3
1H Texas -21.5
1H USC -26.5

West Virginia Over 53
3 units

Florida St -1.5

Way to much Red in there for my liking. Half plays ended up killing me.

Positive 8 units Negative 7.7 with FSU game pending for the week. Not what I really wanted
5-7 Overall (with one pending)
0-4 on half plays
1-0 on Totals (with 1 pending)

Back