NCAA week 1 plays CTG style

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Hello all...for everyone that's new to the site, I hope you guys enjoy it and don't be shy to post your thoughts in my thread...we have some excellent new cappers. The old guys, you know your role..and I respect everyone here.

Let's have a kick ass season. I think this season is going to have many many surprises and will be unusual. Just a gut feeling more than anything.

As for me...I don't like to play a lot of plays, just not my style. I tend to be very selective..sometimes it bites me in the ass, sometimes it doesn't. I like to play a lot of first half plays, second half plays and ML parlays early...I will continue to dabble in ML dogs this year as well.

On to week one...I normally don't play until the week of the game but I locked this baby in:

Mizzou/Illini over 54...2 units

I love this play more than any on the board currently.
reasons why:

1. This game is being played on turf, the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis...no home field advantage for either team...very fast surface.

2. Chase Daniels is a qb who likes to run and improvise on the fly. I personally think Daniels is one of the more underrated qb's in the nation. I saw him play several times last year and love his game. Quick and a good leader. Mizzou runs a wide open offense and they are quick out of the huddle...being quick out of the huddle is important to me in picking a total...not sure if they are no huddle, but I know they get the play off fast ala WVU. He also likes to throw, throwing for 3500 yards and 28 td's last year.

3. Tony Temple ran for 1,063 yards last year and is back along with all their receivers...man this O is going to be good. 8 returning starters that averaged 425 ypg last year.

4. Juice Williams..exciting sophomore who has accuracy issues but has enormous potential...he is quick on his feet as well...I actually don't mind the accuracy issues becasue it will lead to good field position throughout the game for missouri...I know juice and the illini will get theirs as well.

5. Both teams run shotgun formations a lot..another component of picking a total for me. I like the mismatches and that the coach takes advantage of both qb's speed.

6. Coaches...these coaches aren't the brightest imo. They will have trouble making in game decisions and will be confused at times..believe it or not I factor these things in my totals as well....the more mistakes coaches make the more opportunities for a wide open game...example, going for it on 4th down when u shouldn't...not kicking a fg when u should. I am banking on the offenses to cause havoc and force the coaches trust in them.

7. Illini Rb Rashard Mendenhall...the sleeper RB of the big 10..this kid is going to be good...if Juice struggles, Mendenhall will cover the slack. He is quick and has good vision.

8. Arrelious Benn will be freshman of the year in B10..this kid is special.

9. I know Illini have some starters back in the linebacking unit and line but it doesn't mater who Mizzou plays they get theirs.

10.Both defenses will be weaker than the offenses in this game..I truly believe that...the fast turf will add quite a few points as will the new kicking rules.

I see a 35-30 final.

Good luck this season and I will add more in the coming days.

Week 1 plays recap:

Mizzou/Illini over 54...2 units (win)
WVU/WMU over 55.5 for 2 units at -110 (win)
Wazzou Cougars +14.5 (bought hook) 1 unit...-120 (loss)
Kansas State +13.5 for 1 unit at -110 (win)
Messy state +19.5 at -110 for 1 unit (loss) <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Under 21 second half LSU/Missy State at -110 for 1/2 unit (loss)
USC -27.5 first half for 1 unit at -110 (loss)
Texas -23 first half for 1 unit at -110 (loss)
Oklahoma -23 first half for 1 unit at -110 (win)
USC 2nd half -21 at -115 for 1/2 unit (loss)

unusually large card for me, but it is the first weekend...

ML parlay and teaser courtesy of 5 dimes if you guys are interested just for fun:

ML parlay:

Football - 156 Miami Florida -2750 for Game
Football - 164 Nebraska -3300 for Game
Football - 167 Iowa -600 for Game
Football - 170 Oregon -1000 for Game
Football - 172 Wisconsin -750 for Game
Football - 177 UCLA -1100 for Game
Football - 204 California -265 for Game
Football - 220 Arkansas -2500 for Game
Football - 223 Texas Tech -320 for Game

A 5 point teaser:

Football - 189 Oklahoma State +11 for Game
Football - 199 Kansas State +18½ for Game
Football - 550 Michigan -20½ for Game

Last edited:
brewer..I have a buddy who is actually one of the trainers for the team and he said Arrelious is already the #1 WR on the team.

looks good Hunt, always like seeing someones top play be something a little bit off the beaten path...

looks good Hunt, always like seeing someones top play be something a little bit off the beaten path...

We talked about this game last night and Hunt took down notes from me and copied them in here ;)

jk...'an_horse'

anytime you play soemthing i'm not its always worth looking into and i think i might just bite on it good find (c)hunt

will say i totally skipped this game because i did not know what to expect from either team. interesting points. i do like chase daniels but temple has to STOP with the fumbles! gl

:tiphat:

Hit me up later Hunt after like 11:00-3:00 if your on...

I miss the days when I would be the last one posting on CTG any given night...now I'm more likely to post when I wake up at 6 than when I go to bed at 3...yikes

I miss the days when I would be the last one posting on CTG any given night...now I'm more likely to post when I wake up at 6 than when I go to bed at 3...yikes

LOL-I had cut back to say 2 am for awhile but with football on horizon I am good for 4-5 AM. Three am is my goal tonight but I doubt that happens. Sleep three hours then go to work then nap. Rinse repeat.

yep...been up late as fuck last few weeks....too much researching I needed to catch up on...been 6-7 hour nights researching.

woody....there are several sites to use, but for week 1 the bible is phil steele's magazine at your local bookstore.

woody,

Thats huge as Hunt said...plus this site(not to be cocky...but great articles-info), collegefootballnews as well

sexy as hell, hunt.

just might tail it on principle. beside, i'm frustrated as shit waiting for a gotdamned total to be released on the west virginia game. wanted that over, but the freakin # still isn't out...two weeks later. so...this makes a helluva replacement, for the time being of course.

WVU total is pissing me off. I seen some sad games with totals up already.

every night i check...every night i end up a bit more frustrated, not seeing it listed.

worries me that it's gonna end up being set way too high for there to be any value on it.

:hang:

Great write up Hunt...that's why I'm here...just have to wait for my local to put up totals now...

:cheers:

I don't see any of these teams losing...add one more with a high spread for a good payout..I haven't officially put it in yet.

ML parlay:

Texas Tech
Oregon
UCLA
LSU

100 pays 71

If you add wisky for example,

100 pays 95

these are from the greek...which I have no money in at this time.

Hunt...my line isn't as nice...but I'll ride O55.5 for two units...the fact that its in the RCA Dome is enough to lay it down

BOL this year

:cheers:

BOL HuntDog :cheers:

Hope you have a wonderful season as always. Really hope you get off to a wonderful start by winning that opening play. :shake:

thanks a lot sparky, I appreciate it man..good luck to you this year as well buddy.

mizzou over and WVU over would make a nice teas, i am looking hard into it right now.

I really like the over on mizzou/illinois, but i will wait closer to gametime as it is a large uncertainty of whose else is going to get suspended or kicked out of school.

thank you sir.

adding: WVU/WMU over 55.5 for 2 units

read bar's thread on this.

adding: WSU +14.5 (bought hook) 1 unit...-120

Read jumponboard's thread...very similar thoughts.

Back