NCAA Football Week 7

Marcus000

Fondy's bitch
2007 NCAA Football Record: 29-25-1

Wednesday Night

Pittsburgh TT over 29

Pittsburgh might be sucking it up right now but Navy's defense sucks it up even more. This is becoming pretty much a must win type game for Pittsburgh after their last 2 humiliating defeats. Bostick is still a young QB that will make mistakes but he did show somewhat of decent play in thier last game after they were down by 27 points after the 1st quarter. This is a Navy secondary where he will have no excuses for shitty play. A nice quote from Wannstedt here:

"[The Midshipmen] are a 3-4 team," Wannstedt said. "They [also] go 4-3, they do a lot of zone pressures, and they mix up their coverages. They change things up on defense more than any team we've played. We need to take a step forward on offense. In order for us to win this game, we're going to have to score 28 points and we're not going to do that totally on the ground. We're going to come out of this game balanced and mix it up."

Least gives me good hope that even the coach is shooting near my TT bet, tho they better add on a FG to the 28 he wants. Wannstedt also in the article talked about the standard thing about Navy controlling the ball with their style and limiting number of possessions for opponents.

"When we get opportunities to put points on the board, we have to do it this week," Wannstedt said. "We cannot settle for field goals. We can't have a penalty move us back and we can't turn the ball over and give them an extra possession. Most of the time, we get 13, sometimes 14 possessions on offense; their opponent averages 10 or 11.

So also good to see a coach say that he doesn't want to settle for FG's and wants to put TD's on the board.

Navy can easily give up drives and give up the points as they have shown this year. This is a case of Wannstedt saying all the right things but executing them on the field is another... but I'll put my money on them being able to finally execute and drive the ball and put up the points. I can see Pittsburgh getting into the 30's in this one.

Sorry for the late add but was too busy losing in the poker tourny.

Adding:

Navy/Pittsburgh over 28.5 2nd Half

Nice to be able to relax with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter with 2 wins. All games should be like that.

2007 NCAA Football Record: 31-25-1

thx kyle

Thursday Night

Florida State -5
at Wake Forest

Better team with revenge factor. I rate FSU higher on both sides of the ball. Defensivley is no question but while statistically both offenses are putting up close to the same numbers I give FSU the edge as Wake is very turnover prone. With the revenge factor in mind this will be a big game for Lee as he lost his starting job last year during that ass kicking Wake put on FSU. So it will definately be a game for him to prove a point just like all the other players that had to endure that embarassment last year. I'll also be watching for a 2nd half play on this one if FSU is only up by a small amount or trailing at halftime as FSU has been a very good 2nd half team this year.

FSU sucks it up in the 2nd half and thankfully they were up a TD for me not to play the 2nd half.

2007 NCAA Football Record: 31-26-1

Friday Night

Well you will easily see here soon I really like something in this game.... here we go....

Hawaii/San Jose State over 70
Hawaii TT over 42.5
San Jose State TT over 25.5

Well the beautiful thing about college football is even when it seems all hope is lost at halftime, the teams still have to play 30 more min and sometimes even an OT. Game over cashes, San Jose TT cashes, Hawaii TT 2nd half cashes. Only loss was on the Hawaii TT for the game which lost by half a point (was hoping San Jose State would send it to a 2nd OT lol). So 3-1 on the night.

2007 NCAA Football Record: 34-27-1

Three plays on the early set of games. I'll add more later on when I wake up in a few hours as I'm tired as hell right now.

Virginia Tech -14 at Duke
Miami -2.5 vs Georgia Tech
Oklahoma State/Nebraska over 63.5

Adding:

Central Michigan TT over 34
Fresno State -9.5
at Idaho
Air Force +3 at Colorado State
Missouri/Oklahoma over 61.5

2007 NCAA Record: 41-38-1

Sunday Night

Boise State TT over 43.5

Boise should have another field day tonight at home facing a pretty lousy Nevada defense. Nevada against good offensive teams can't stop the run or the pass so Tharp and Ian Johnson should be licking their chops for this one. Plus add in the fact Nevada has to start a freshman QB tonight and while he played very well against Fresno State, its gonna be a tougher task on the smurf turf, so theres always a chance of Boise creating turnovers that leads to short fields or scores. Boise has cherished the national spotlight for their home games. They put up 58 on New Mexico State and 38 on Southern Miss (tho they should have put up more in that game) so I can see them putting up another big number in this one.

Adding:

Nevada/Boise over 34 2nd Half

Gotta admit the freshman QB looks really impressive for Nevada and Boise should easily be able to put up a few more scores.

Back