NCAA Football 9/8

Marcus000

Fondy's bitch
2007 NCAA Football Record: 4-1

Ok lets do this up. Like I usually do, I break the Saturday games in half, I post my plays from the 9 a.m. to 2 p.m games. Then after I see how the early shit goes I then decide on how many, if any from the 3 p.m. games on to play from my leans without killing myself on the overall day.

West Virginia -24 at Marshall

Can smell an old fashioned ass kicking here. The only thing Marshall can feel proud about in their loss to Miami was their ability to shut down Kirby Freeman.... ok maybe they don't have anything to feel proud about as Kirby Freeman sucks. They did give up 251 yards rushing to Miami in that game and if they thought that was bad, now its time to contend against the double threat of Slaton and White. And they will also face a QB in White that doesn't totally suck and can burn them through the air as well as on the ground. WVU beat Marshall by 32 last year at home and while this game is at Marshall and a big deal to the school and the fans, I still can't honestly give any kind of HFA here to warrant Marshall covering in the end.

Ball State -3 (bought hook) at Eastern Michigan

Looking for a better effort out of the Cardinals in this one. In Nate Davis' split time last year against Eastern Michigan he played a great game completing 7 of 8 passes for 108 yards and 3 TD's. Now that the offense is fully his and more gametime experience under his belt, I can see him having another great game against Eastern Michigan. Defensively Ball State played an actual decent game against Miami Ohio. Eastern Michigan doesn't look real menacing on the offensive end and the Cardinals should be able to get another good defensive effort in this one.

Oklahoma -10.5 vs Miami

Well the running game was able to beat Marshall but its gonna be a tougher task at Oklahoma. Oklahoma started the season off great crushing North Texas. Bradford looked great passing for 363 and 3 TD's and the Sooners on the ground racked up 265 yds. Of course they won't be facing a North Texas defense in this one but at home I can see Oklahoma still doing a good job offensively against Miami. And until Miami can field an actual QB that is worth any damn I'm gonna fade them against top teams because when your put into a spot of being one dimensional against very good teams... it doesn't work well.

Alabama -3 (bought hook) at Vandy

No huge writeup for this one but trust in Saban..... Plus with Vandy's inability to win SEC openers, gonna fade until they actually do.

California TT over 37 at Colorado State

If Colorado can put up 28 on CSU before overtime, I can only imagine how many Cal will put up in this one. And my imagination is over the 37.

Nebraska -8.5 at Wake Forest

Gonna ride the Cornhuskers after their great showing against Nevada. After their game against Boston College its any wonder what kind of gameplan Wake Forest will have on offense... oh yeah pass, pass, pass, pass... With Skinner out, Hodges did a decent job to finish the game but he could face a tougher time in this game. After seeing Wake's D in the Boston College game, Sam Keller should be licking his lips for this game. But unlike Wake showed in the BC game, Nebraska can run the ball along with passing it. Tough task for a sophomore QB to be asked to lead the team to victory against a well balanced team like Nebraska.

Georgia -3 (bought hook) vs South Carolina

Well Georgia impressed me last week against Oklahoma State. They faced a very good offense and did a great job against them defensively. Stafford also looked damn sharp on the offensive end and the rushing game wasn't fancy but did their job in moving the chains. Its only a wonder how Blake Mitchell will be considering this is first game of the season. Needless to say South Carolina's win against ULL was lackluster and their run defense was horrible giving up 311 yards on the ground. Its hard to bet against Georgia facing South Carolina considering Georgia has won the last 5 meetings in a row. And after Georgia's great start in the first game and playing this at home, I really can't see that streak ending in this one.

Yes I know its a lot of road chalk, but I don't look at shit like that. I just play the games I feel good in and let the cards fall where they may. Now you know why I break up the games into 2 sections because if I added all the night game plays I might have then I would lose my mind having that much out there.

GL to everyone, hope everyone makes a nice profit.

Thx guys, gl to ya today.

Well I wanted to wait on this shit till after i saw how the early games go but I think this will go up over the morning closer to gametime and i don't want to get stuck with a shittier line on it.

Adding:

Oregon/Michigan over 64.5

Pretty same explanation as most other people have. Michigan stuggled on defense with the speed of Appy State and they will face more speed in this game with Oregon's offense and yet another QB who can throw the ball (well sorta...) and hurt you with his feet as well. And Oregon gave up 538 yds to Houston in the first week. Mike Hart could actually improve on his 188 yds last game and rack up over 200 on this Oregon run D. Should be a game full of big plays and excitement and gotta go with the over.

I feel like fondy now with all these freaking plays.

Adding:

Air Force +7 at Utah

Gotta take the shot on this. Air Force has played Utah tough the last 2 years and even tho DeBerry is no longer the coach they still return a good amount of players, especially Carney on the offensive front. As known Utah lost Bryan Johnson in the season opener against Oregon State and also Asiata at RB. Grady takes over at QB and while he is a transfer from Oklahoma there is still questions on how he will be able to take command of the team until Johnson is back. Think the Falcons can keep this one competitive.

Adding:

BYU/UCLA over 47

I've been debating about the spread on both sides for a long time now and instead I'm gonna go for the over on the total. BYU played a good defensive game against Arizona, but having watched that game Arizona offensively sucked with their lame ass continual screen passes that never went anywhere. Now they will have a tougher task facing a good UCLA offense at home and I think they will struggle with that. Meanwhile UCLA beat the hell out of Stanford, but they still did give up 349 yds through the air in that game and that should bode well for Max Hall who had a very good debut in that Arizona game. I can see some decent drives being put up in this game.

Adding:

Central Michigan -3 vs Toledo

Well CMU shit the bed badly at Kansas last weekend. But thankfully for them its a new week and now they start their MAC title quest at home. Hard to see LeFevour having another bad week, especially considering how Toledo's secondary looked against Painter last weekend. LeFevour lit up Toledo last year for 295 and 3 TD's. Also Central Michigan's run game shouldn't be an inept in this one as they were against Kansas.

Both teams sucked last weekend so this just comes down to who I feel is the better team anyways. And for me thats Central Michigan at home. They beat Toledo the last 2 years and easily still have the talent there to do it for the 3rd year in a row, so I'll lay the FG.

Adding:

Hawaii -28 at La Tech

Easiest writeup in my life here: Look for HawaiiGuy's post... The boy knows his Warriors even if they used to be Rainbow ones...

thx bro. I see you have the under for the 2nd half, looks like your gonna cash, but least let me get the game total over ;)

one final add on the night and it will be a play on Arizona State to beat the living hell out of Hawkins son and the Buffaloes in general.

Adding:

Arizona State -15.5 vs Colorado

Wow I had too many plays today lol Gotta cut down on that shit.

Saturday Final Record: 9-9

2007 NCAA Football Record: 13-10

Back