NCAA CFB 2005-2006
Sides 60-50 +$3,526
Player Props 40-17 +$7,937
Total 100-67 +$11,463

NCAA CFB 2006-2007
Sides 14-9 +$2,075
Player Props 13-4 +$2,540
Total 27-13 +$4,615

Sorry guys wish the write-ups were a little better but damn hangover from a short week and the fact that I can't stop reading up on the biggest game of the year well...you understand?

GL to all this week!!

Oregon St. +8 @ Boise St. ($300)

Line is just too big for me to pass on. Both teams played well vs shit competition in game one. Both teams have a ton of returning starters on both sides of the ball. Both teams can’t stop the pass. Both teams have QBs that love to throw INTs.

I know all about the smurf turf but I also know that Boise has only beaten one BCS school in its history. A convincing win over these same Beavers two years ago. The Beavers came into that game with a heartbreaking loss 21-22 to then #4 LSU in the Bayou. With an emotional loss and a short week OSU was beaten easily despite being 8 point faves.

I just can’t see a PAC 10 team that is returning 16 starters including a SR QB, a 1300 yard rusher, getting back one of the top TEs in the country, and its entire OL lose by 8 regardless of the color of the turf.

Pitt-8 @ Cincinnati ($500)

Wahnstadt got the memo to let 5 year SR Tyler Palko become the offense. Totally misusing Palko last year was the biggest blunder Wahnstadt made last year in his first year with Pitt. Palko was 17-22 with 283 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT. Throw in the fact that he had 4 OL returning you can see why Pitt unexpectedly exploded on offense vs Virginia.

Cincy blew out an Eastern Kentucky team that was no match for them. Cincy has a ton of starters returning but I love Pitt here because Cincy only returns 1 player on the OL and in this game vs EKU they played 8 different OL in the first quarter. This position is obviously not set and one cohesive unit. Pitt should roll here despite their road woes last season.

Auburn –19.5 @ Miss. St ($500)

MSU has been decimated by injuries early on. First Hennig goes down in the SC game and well his backup Rutland looked horrible out there going 6 of 15 with 2 INTs and getting sacked 3 times.

Now Miss St. has started practicing with Connor at QB again and he will be the #2 QB but don’t be surprised if he gets in this game with Rutland struggling which would take him out of the starting WR role. Connor has already been pulled from punt returns in fear of getting him injured.

But wait it gets worse as the true frosh RB Dixon who was the only spark in the Bulldog offense broke his finger in practice yesterday and is having surgery today making him unlikely to play.

I don’t even think I need to talk about Auburn in this one, as we all know what they can do. This game has blowout city written all over it.

Iowa –19 @ Syracuse ($500)

I love what Greg Robinson did his one year at Texas on defense but its getting pretty obvious his coaching staff doesn’t know shit about offense.

After finishing 115th out of 117 teams on offense last year it doesn’t look like much has changed because Syracuse was outgained by Wake Forest last week 363 to 136. QB Patterson left off from last year going 5-18 for 45 yards.

After only converting 21% of 3rd downs last year things didn’t change too much as Syracuse went 1-11 on 3rd downs vs WF. It won’t get better vs an Iowa defense that is head and shoulders better then Wake’s defense.

Just don’t see Syracuse putting too many points against a solid Iowa defense that returns its entire front four from last year. Drew Tate and Albert Young lead a balanced attack that will put up more then enough points to cover the 19.

Duke @ Wake Forest –18.5 ($400)

Yes Wake Forest lost their starting QB but I’m sure because noone was watching the game or pays attention to Duke football were aware of the injuries and woes they have had recently.

First off their starting QB coming in to this season who started 6 of the final 7 games last year was kicked off the team for plagiarism 2 months ago. It left a huge void at QB where Duke had to convert Marcus Jones who as a frosh last year played WR. He wasn’t to great in their embarrassing shut out lost to Div 2 Richmond, so they rotated in a true frosh at QB. The gameplan was very vanilla and Duke only attempted 2 passes deep all game long.

To make matters worst the deepest position on the team RB lost two key players in the first 16 plays vs Richmond as both Ronnie Drummer and Justin Boyle are not expected to play on Saturday because of leg injuries suffered early on.

Young inexperienced QBs, with a depleted RB corp, and an OL that had only 12 career starts going into the opener last week is a good indication of why they got shut out vs a D2 team and why WF will roll regardless of who’s playing QB.

More to come!

Last edited:
with you..

in the panthers. I bet them last week also. Destroyed a Virginia team that is right now in the same level as Cinci.
I predict a 34-17 score here.
good luck!!

I'm not playing any of these games, but they all look good.
beer.gif

we are on the saem ones great news for me and i'm sure others....bol this week horn as i'm sure you will probably add a few more

No hypocrisy, KK, I just can't play them all. It's not good money management. So, I have to play the ones I feel are the strongest and Horn has to do the same.
smoke.gif

Loving Pitt and Iowa big guy....looking into the rest. Other games that stuck out were Colorado State, FL (?), LSU and Okie State...thoughts on any of those?

Looking into a few of those games. I like the Auburn game a lot as well as Iowa. Good luck Horn.

Hook 'em !

And yes I've always loved to play faves!

Texas Tech –6.5 @ UTEP ($500)

In last Thursday’s contest vs SDSU, Chuck Long was trying to establish the run. He had preached it all season long and even though they weren’t able to muster anything on the ground he kept pounding away. Long must have thought he was in the Big 12 because he finally started airing the ball out down 27-3 with 20 minutes left and marched up and down the field on UTEP. The backup QB came in and went 12-16 with 178 yards in 20 minutes.

Many have doubted Texas Tech this season because they are playing a QB for the first time since Kliff Kingsbury to BJ Symons to Sonny Cumbie to Cody Hodges wasn’t playing a SR at QB for Mike Leach. Anyone that follows HS football in Texas knows this is the biggest QB recruit TT has ever landed and new this kid was going to light it up under Leach. Graham Harrell holds the single season passing TD mark in Texas with 67. Yes 67 TDs in one season. He threw for 5 last week and I expect a lot more vs UTEP on Saturday.

Louisville –39 @ Temple ($400)

Yes Louisville loses Bush but they still just kept scoring vs Kentucky with the replacements. Louisville easily puts up 50 in this game (they did it 4 times last year) so it’ll be up to the defense to hold Temple’s offense. Seeing as Temple was outgained by Barfalo 356 to 183 and could only score 3 freaking points an entire game plus OT I don’t see that being a problem.

Buffalo @ Bowling Green –21 ($300)

RS Frosh QB Freddie Barnes started this past game vs Whisky because of the one game suspension to starter Anthony Turner. Barnes was 12-19 but only had 82 yards (4.3 ypp). Where he did his damage was on the ground where he racked 159 yards and 2 TDs. Barnes though is just not a good thrower and they could never open the field up through the air. Even though Barnes looked good s a damn good Whisky defense Turner will get the nod because he outplayed Barnes all spring and fall. Turner also has a much better arm and the BG coach already quoted that they will trying to get the ball down field a ton. Here are two of his quotes this week worth noting:

(On Anthony Turner starting against Buffalo)
"We had limited passes last week and we are going to open the field up this week. (We will look for) more down-the-field throws with Anthony and let him cut loose a little bit, and I think that will help the running game."

(Will Freddie Barnes start against Buffalo?) "Potentially. We kind of have a new position for him, called the P. It's a personnel group that we have had in the past. We may run some of that, or he can play running back, or be put in the slot and be a receiver. It's like what we evolved into with P.J. Pope a few years ago. He was a great running back for us but it turned out that he was a great receiver too. And, we were able to put him into the slot and he could work from there. Freddie is that type of kid, but the whole thing is that he can't get lost. He still has to play quarterback, because he still is our backup quarterback,. That creates kind of a dilemma as far as reps in practice."

Should be an interesting combo if Turner and Barnes get on the field at the same time.

Buffalo just had its thrilling win over the worst team in football in Temple as they ended regulation in a 3-3 tie. Turner Gill has a lot to do to turn around one of the worst teams in D1 football around. Its going to be hard for Buffalo to get into the end zone and I’m loving this play because Buffalo just has a horrid freshman kicker who missed from both 27 and 32 yard FGs in last weeks game.

Virginia Tech –11.5 @ North Carolina ($400)

Big mismatch up front as the Tar Heel defensive front was getting blown off the ball in the game vs Rutgers last week. Ray Rice saw huge holes and took advantage of them for a tune of 201 yards on the ground and 3 TDs. Now facing a VT OL that is bigger and a back more explosive in preseason 2nd team All-ACC RB Brandon Ore UNC could find itself in big time trouble this week. In last years game even with starting RB Imoh a late scratch VT put up hug numbers on the ground with Humes and Ore (277 rushing yards). Seems UNC hasn’t done anything to shore up that run defense if the first game was any indication. VT to the bank.

Wow Horn - I just looked at your card for the first time this week, and I love almost everything... Your top plays are some of my top plays, etc... Should be a GREAT week again.

Good to hear that fondy because damn I'm on alot of DD faves. Seems these quick strike offenses are not leaving the backdoor open since almost all the big faves covered in week one with the new rule changes.

I still got a couple more plays left. Big card for me this week.

looking good

Another helluva card, Horn.

I got ni clue on the thur nite game...might jsut tail you here. Any thoughts to the total? I keep going back & forth on it. Thx

Matt Moore -5.5 Passing Yards vs Zabransky ($300)

Joe Newton OVER 48.5 Receiving Yards ($100)

Drisan James -5.5 Recieving Yards vs Rueben Jackson ($300)

gl chief...like your Iowa play...this team should roll a bad syracuse team.

Numero uno post....

Took the TT game as well, pondering the OSU/Boise St game.

Hopefully they'll announce a favorable score in the Tech game while I'm watching TEXAS pounds OSU at DKR.

Nice site SHSUhorn. Really enjoying it thus far.

~RWC

royale, good to see you over here and glad you like the site. I seem to be grabbing alot of the guys from orangebloods so we might be taking over lol. TT game as you saw on my post at OB is my play that stood ou the most on the opening card. GL to you and our Horns this weekend.

Nice looking card Horn. Like your Auburn, TT picks in particular. BOL this week.

Ula-la @ A&M –20.5 ($400)

Lots of grumblings going on in Aggie land with a poor performance against the Citadel in the opener. So expect Fran who’s on the hot seat to put on a much better show for Aggie nation. This is a good match-up because A&M can be moved on thorugh the air and well Ula-la and QB Jerry Baab can’t throw for shit. Ula-la will be playing right into the hands of A&M strength which is its DL. Ula-la were blown out by LSU 45-3 and A&M would have put on a similar performance on the scoreboard if it wasn’t for 5 fumbles which they lost 4 of them.

La. Monroe @ Kansas –21 ($400)

Kansas is slowly moving up in the Big 12 north. They have also shown the tendency to blow out lesser opponents as well. Monroe was in a dog fight with Alcorn St. leading 10-6 with about 8 minutes to go before getting 2 late TDs to break the game open. Kansas should continue its success vs non-BCS schools here where they have covered 8 of their last 10 games.

As you know, Horn, I'm on both Aggy and Sand Aggy.

GL to us and to the Horns this weekend.

KK, I got it Sunday night. Just really late this week with my wirte-up. It won't matter Kansas wins this by 5 TDs

SHSUHorn,

Awesome forum you guys have here. I really like the no bashing and healthy discussions. Just the kind of place I like.

Well, I think this place needs another Houstonian and Longhorn poster. Good luck on your plays this weekend.

BTW, you going to Austin for the game? I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. Should be a fun weekend.

Welcome to the forum..

Muletime said:
SHSUHorn,

Awesome forum you guys have here. I really like the no bashing and healthy discussions. Just the kind of place I like.

Well, I think this place needs another Houstonian and Longhorn poster. Good luck on your plays this weekend.

BTW, you going to Austin for the game? I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. Should be a fun weekend.

Need not worry...this forum is quite Texas heavy..lol

Have fun at the game..should be a doozy.

Welcome to the forum as well Guy

Guy Vincent said:
Very nice forum. I just saw the link from Hornfans. Good luck this weekend all.

Look forward to your thoughts on Horns and more

SHSUHorn, do you play these props at the high juice that I usually see them at or am I just looking at them too late? Usually its around -150. Btw, I'm also a fellow Orangebloods.com and Hornfans poster although I go by DancingBears32 on those sites.

Got in way to late on some of these so the juice has soared and need to dip into the girlfriends account to max these. Top 2 are for tonights game.

Palko -38.5 Passing Yards vs Grutza (-180) ($400)

Brent Celek +5.5 Recieving Yards vs Derek Strong (-140) ($300)

Ray Rice -24 Rushing Yards vs Pierre Thomas (-160) ($400)

Jamal Charles/Selvin Young -5 Rushing Yards vs Pittman/Wells (-140) ($700)

Sweed +20.5 Recieving Yards vs Ginn (-110) ($500)

Anthony Gonzalez UNDER 52.5 Recieving Yards (-130) ($300)

Johnathon Stewert -3.5 Rushing Yards vs Wright (+120) ($300)

Graham Harrell -58 Passing Yards vs Palmer (-110) ($300)

David Clowney UNDER 3.5 Receptions (-140) ($300)

Jamal Charles OVER 62.5 Rushing Yards (-115) ($300)

Limas Sweed OVER 4.5 Receptions (-150) ($300)

Guy & albyman, Welcome to the forum fellas we could always use more Hornfans.

Mule, Have you completed your card yet? I just got into Austin a little bit ago. Heard the Buckeye/Texas fans were already rowdy last night on 6th street. Should be interesting tonight on 6th.

alby, I usually hit the props as soon as they hit because the juice soars pretty high and quick. I'll play a prop all the way up to -180 if I'm that confident on it.

good luck this week horn...keep kicking ass and good luck to your Horns.

John Gibbons (the Toronto Blue Jays manager) was on TV here yesterday afternoon and he was wearing his Texas Longhgorns polo shirt and he kept saying GO HORNS!

Thanks flava. Just arrived in Austin. Already been asked directions by two different Buckeye fans. Of course I gave them wrong directions. Normally not that big of a dick but they treated our fans like shit last year. Tonight should be rowdy out.

Oregon –5 @ Fresno St. ($400)

I love Oregon this year because they have an absolute stud at RB now. Sophomore Jonathon Stewert ran for nearly 170 yards and 2 TDs in only 3 quarters vs Stanford last week. Anyone that follows recruiting and saw Stewert HS clips came away jaw dropped. Stewert sprained his ankle in the Stanford game and many thought he wouldn’t be 100% but the swelling has come down and he only is feeling stiffness that could be worked out. FSU will try and pound Wright behind its big OL as Brandstater hasn’t really impressed too much with his arm yet. Oregon had one of its best run defenses in school history last year and while there were losses on the defensive side of the ball the DL this year is still very good and quicker then last seasons.

love the props if i had the bankroll to play them i would but the sies lok great too you will do well this week horn bol bro

SHSUHorn said:
Damn i hate that colleges don't have to reveal injuries. Pitt RB is out.

well there's the answer to my fucking day long question!!!! "what's up w/ the reverse line movement?"

---how did NOBODY on this fucking site know this?!?!? christ!??!:hairout:

SHSUHorn said:
Thanks flava. Just arrived in Austin. Already been asked directions by two different Buckeye fans. Of course I gave them wrong directions. Normally not that big of a dick but they treated our fans like shit last year. Tonight should be rowdy out.

LOL..........

GL tomorrow............Nice write-ups.........gonna 'tail you on that WF game.

Just for shits & giggles..........WSU is missing their #2 & 3 cb's along with another player whose name escapes me. Apparently they are pretty banged up after the thrashing they took @ Auburn. Combined with the performance Idaho had @ Mich. St., the Vandals +17 looks pretty good. It's practically a neutral site as Idaho has actually played some of their home games @ Martin Stadium.

Back